LSJ - Angelo and Brother's Blood Question

Rehlow

Nov 5, 2007, 1:51:40 PM11/5/07
I control a Blood Brother that is in combat. I also control Angelo who
plays Brother's Blood at superior. Can Angelo use the ability of the
in play Brother's Blood?

I originally thought no - Angelo's ability only works when a Sanguinus
card is played. When Angelo tries to use the ability of Brother's
Blood he is a circle of one and there is no member of this circle in
combat.

Then I noticed the text "Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same
circle as the one in combat." That made me think the 'this' in "damage
taken by a member of this circle in combat" is set when the card is
played. Then Angelo could use the ability of Brother's Blood when a
member of this circle is in combat, but if there were multiple circles
in play, could not use it when a member of a different circle is in
combat.

Also, if Angelo is in combat and a Blood Brother plays Brother's Blood
at superior, they cannot use the ability to heal damage or prevent
destruction that Angelo takes because he is a circle of one, not a
member of this circle, after the card is in play, correct?

Thanks.

Later,
~Rehlow

Brother's Blood
Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same circle as one in combat.
[san] This vampire can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent
destruction from damage taken by a member of this circle in combat.
[SAN] Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card can
burn his
or her own blood to heal or prevent destruction from damage taken by
member of this circle in combat. A vampire may have only one
Brother`s
Blood.

Angelo
Blood Brother
Group 3
7 capacity
pot vic CEL FOR SAN
Independent, Red List. All Blood Brothers may play cards that require
Sanguinus as if Angelo were a member of any circle. Angelo can burn a
location as a (D) action. He cannot have or use retainers. Sterile.

LSJ

Nov 5, 2007, 2:02:02 PM11/5/07
Rehlow wrote:
> I control a Blood Brother that is in combat. I also control Angelo who
> plays Brother's Blood at superior. Can Angelo use the ability of the
> in play Brother's Blood?

Angelo: "All Blood Brothers may play cards that require Sanguinus as if Angelo

were a member of any circle."

Brother's Blood SAN: "Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same circle as
another one in combat.... Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this

card can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent destruction from damage
taken by a member of this circle in combat. A vampire may have only one
Brother's Blood."

> I originally thought no - Angelo's ability only works when a Sanguinus

> card is played. When Angelo tries to use the ability of Brother's
> Blood he is a circle of one and there is no member of this circle in
> combat.

Correct.

> Then I noticed the text "Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same
> circle as the one in combat." That made me think the 'this' in "damage
> taken by a member of this circle in combat" is set when the card is
> played. Then Angelo could use the ability of Brother's Blood when a
> member of this circle is in combat, but if there were multiple circles
> in play, could not use it when a member of a different circle is in
> combat.

Fair enough. But like "this vampire" text on in-play cards, "this circle" isn't
set. It simply refers to the circle of the vampire it is on.