(LSJ) Andrew Stuart, Veil of Darkness, Direct Intervention, et al.

floppyzedolfin

Jul 28, 2010, 7:19:48 AM7/28/10

A is the acting Methuselah.
C controls Veil of Darkness.

A's action is blocked by E's Andrew Stuart.
In the resulting combat, Andrew plays a Thaumaturgy card.

In which order do these happen (let's say everyone passes on
cancelling that card, just to have the whole sequence) ?
(a) - A can play Botched Move on Andrew's card (or use Watenda's
special on it, ...)
(b) - B can play Direct Intervention on Andrew's card
(c) - Veil of Darkness under C's control reveals Andrew's controller's
top library card (let's say it's not a master card)
(d) - D can play Direct Intervention on Andrew's card
(e) - E's Andrew reveals her top library card (let's say it's not a
Thaumaturgy card)

We know (Rulebook 1.6.1.5) that, chronologically, (a) < (b) < (d)
[with "<" == "happens before"], but still need to include (c) and (e)
in there.

Thanks,
Pascal

~ ~

Andrew Stuart
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Tremere
Group: 4
Capacity: 5
Discipline: AUS DOM THA
Camarilla: When Andrew plays a card that requires Thaumaturgy, reveal
the top card of your library (before drawing to replace). If it also
requires Thaumaturgy, the card is canceled and Andrew burns 1 blood.

Botched Move
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable as the opposing minion plays a card that requires a
Discipline.
The opposing minion's controller reveals the top two cards of his or
her library (before drawing to replace). If another copy of the same
combat card is revealed, the played card is canceled (cost is still
paid), the opposing minion takes 1 unpreventable damage, and all
revealed copies are burned. A minion may play only one Botched Move
each combat.

Direct Intervention
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a minion card as it is played. No cost is paid. (If it was an
action card, the acting minion doesn't tap. If it was a strike card,
the minion chooses another strike.)

Veil of Darkness
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Each turn, when a vampire plays his or her first card that turn that
requires any Disciplines, that vampire's controller reveals the top
card of his or her library (before drawing to replace). If it is a
master card, the original card has no effect (no cost is paid), and in
addition, if the original card required Obtenebration [obt], the
vampire burns 2 blood.

Watenda
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Group: 2
Capacity: 3
Discipline: obf
Camarilla: Once each combat, Watenda can cancel the effect of a combat
card the opposing minion plays by burning an amount of blood equal to
the blood or pool cost of the card. If the card is a strike card, the
opposing minion chooses a new strike.

LSJ

Jul 28, 2010, 7:56:44 AM7/28/10
On Jul 28, 7:19 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A is the acting Methuselah.
> C controls Veil of Darkness.
>
> A's action is blocked by E's Andrew Stuart.
> In the resulting combat, Andrew plays a Thaumaturgy card.
>
> In which order do these happen (let's say everyone passes on
> cancelling that card, just to have the whole sequence) ?
>
> (a) - A can play Botched Move on Andrew's card (or use Watenda's
> special on it, ...)
> (b) - B can play Direct Intervention on Andrew's card
> (c) - Veil of Darkness under C's control reveals Andrew's controller's
> top library card (let's say it's not a master card)
> (d) - D can play Direct Intervention on Andrew's card
> (e) - E's Andrew reveals her top library card (let's say it's not a
> Thaumaturgy card)
>
> We know (Rulebook 1.6.1.5) that, chronologically, (a) < (b) < (d)
> [with "<" == "happens before"], but still need to include (c) and (e)
> in there.

(c) & (e)
then (a) then (b) then (d)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/5bf780bd884bf658

floppyzedolfin

Jul 28, 2010, 8:14:15 AM7/28/10
On Jul 28, 1:56 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 7:19 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > A is the acting Methuselah.
> > C controls Veil of Darkness.
>
> > A's action is blocked by E's Andrew Stuart.
> > In the resulting combat, Andrew plays a Thaumaturgy card.
>
> > In which order do these happen (let's say everyone passes on
> > cancelling that card, just to have the whole sequence) ?
>
> > (a) - A can play Botched Move on Andrew's card (or use Watenda's
> > special on it, ...)
> > (b) - B can play Direct Intervention on Andrew's card
> > (c) - Veil of Darkness under C's control reveals Andrew's controller's
> > top library card (let's say it's not a master card)
> > (d) - D can play Direct Intervention on Andrew's card
> > (e) - E's Andrew reveals her top library card (let's say it's not a
> > Thaumaturgy card)
>
> > We know (Rulebook 1.6.1.5) that, chronologically, (a) < (b) < (d)
> > [with "<" == "happens before"], but still need to include (c) and (e)
> > in there.
>
> (c) & (e)
> then (a) then (b) then (d)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/5bf7...

Yep, I had that link, but it wasn't as explicit as your answer this
time: in that message, Andrew was controlled by the acting
Methuselah, whereas in my example, he isn't - I wanted to check
whether the acting Methuselah received the impulse to cancel the card
before "environmental" effects would happen (those effects here being
Veil of Darkness and Andrew's cardtext).

Thanks !