LSJ: Delaying Tactics questions

31 vues

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
14 déc. 2000, 10:43:5514/12/2000
Came up last night (or at least, I wondered):

If someone calls a vote and puts Bribes on it, and then I play
Delaying Tactics, do people gain pool for Bribes if they voted
in favor before the Tactics was played? Presumably the acting
Meth automatically gains 1 because that happens when they play
the Bribes.

Is there a time in which I can play the Delaying Tactics before
the acting Meth gets to play Bribes? ie, they call the vote, it
is unblocked, I say "I want to Delay that" and they don't get to
play the Bribes?

If a vampire calls a vote and it is Delayed, are they prohibited
by NRA from calling another vote that turn? I know canceled
actions with Direct Intervention don't taint you, but Delaying
Tactics is played at a much later stage in the action - after
it has remained unblocked and is in resolution - so it might be
different.

If a vampire calls a vote with Charming Lobby and it is Delayed,
are they prohibited from playing Charming Lobby again that turn
by DT, or from playing the second vote again that turn?

Thanks,

Josh

seems to know much less about delaying tactics than he thought

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

LSJ

non lue,
14 déc. 2000, 13:31:3814/12/2000
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> If someone calls a vote and puts Bribes on it, and then I play
> Delaying Tactics, do people gain pool for Bribes if they voted
> in favor before the Tactics was played? Presumably the acting
> Meth automatically gains 1 because that happens when they play
> the Bribes.

The acting Meth gains one (immediately).
Other do not gain, since the time at which the would gain
("when the results are tallied") never arrives.

> Is there a time in which I can play the Delaying Tactics before
> the acting Meth gets to play Bribes? ie, they call the vote, it
> is unblocked, I say "I want to Delay that" and they don't get to
> play the Bribes?

No. Acting Meth goes first.

> If a vampire calls a vote and it is Delayed, are they prohibited
> by NRA from calling another vote that turn? I know canceled

Yes.

> actions with Direct Intervention don't taint you, but Delaying
> Tactics is played at a much later stage in the action - after
> it has remained unblocked and is in resolution - so it might be
> different.

Correct. The action has begun resolving, so the actor is "tainted".

> If a vampire calls a vote with Charming Lobby and it is Delayed,
> are they prohibited from playing Charming Lobby again that turn
> by DT, or from playing the second vote again that turn?

Both, since CL is a political action.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

cantila

non lue,
14 déc. 2000, 18:22:4614/12/2000
In article <91aprp$t37$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Joshua Duffin <jt...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> Came up last night (or at least, I wondered):
>
> If someone calls a vote and puts Bribes on it, and then I play
> Delaying Tactics, do people gain pool for Bribes if they voted
> in favor before the Tactics was played? Presumably the acting
> Meth automatically gains 1 because that happens when they play
> the Bribes.
>
> Is there a time in which I can play the Delaying Tactics before
> the acting Meth gets to play Bribes? ie, they call the vote, it
> is unblocked, I say "I want to Delay that" and they don't get to
> play the Bribes?
>
> If a vampire calls a vote and it is Delayed, are they prohibited
> by NRA from calling another vote that turn? I know canceled
> actions with Direct Intervention don't taint you, but Delaying
> Tactics is played at a much later stage in the action - after
> it has remained unblocked and is in resolution - so it might be
> different.

By card text they're prohibited.

"Any vampire. Only usable during a political action. The political
action is cancelled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of the
acting vampire takes the political card if any back into his or her
hand, and his or her vampires cannot take the same political action
this turn."

Also says political action, it shouldn't include referendums.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
15 déc. 2000, 01:00:5015/12/2000
>> If someone calls a vote and puts Bribes on it, and then I play
>> Delaying Tactics, do people gain pool for Bribes if they voted
>> in favor before the Tactics was played? Presumably the acting
>> Meth automatically gains 1 because that happens when they play
>> the Bribes.
>>
>> Is there a time in which I can play the Delaying Tactics before
>> the acting Meth gets to play Bribes? ie, they call the vote, it
>> is unblocked, I say "I want to Delay that" and they don't get to
>> play the Bribes?
>>
>> If a vampire calls a vote and it is Delayed, are they prohibited
>> by NRA from calling another vote that turn? I know canceled
>> actions with Direct Intervention don't taint you, but Delaying
>> Tactics is played at a much later stage in the action - after
>> it has remained unblocked and is in resolution - so it might be
>> different.
>
>By card text they're prohibited.
>
>"Any vampire. Only usable during a political action. The political
>action is cancelled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of the
>acting vampire takes the political card if any back into his or her
>hand, and his or her vampires cannot take the same political action
>this turn."

Well the card text just says that the Methusaleh's minions cannot take the SAME
political action that turn. So how about different ones?

Halcyan 2

Pat Ricochet

non lue,
15 déc. 2000, 02:14:4615/12/2000

Actually, it says vampires, not minions. Allies may call referendums
anyway (6.1.6), so it's the same thing, but. I didn't actually realize till
looking for that loophole that allies can't call votes. (I mean, they
usually can't by card text "(callable by any vampire," etc.) but I just
never thought about it. Learn something every day.
I sure wish it said "the referendum" is cancelled, and that would be
clear. But it says the *action* is cancelled, and furthermore, it tells you
to *untap* the guy. I would guess that strictly speaking, since the action
IS "cancelled", they can call another, different vote.

--
Pat Ricochet
Soul Jar'rn Fool of Atlanta

LSJ

non lue,
15 déc. 2000, 07:57:0515/12/2000
Halcyan 2 wrote:
> Well the card text just says that the Methusaleh's minions cannot take the SAME
> political action that turn. So how about different ones?

If you're using the NRA rule, then *that* vampire cannot take another
political action (and this has nothing to do with the card text on DT).

*Other* vampires are free to take other political actions, of course.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
18 déc. 2000, 11:02:2018/12/2000
In article <3A39120A...@white-wolf.com>,
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Joshua Duffin wrote:

[snip]

> > If a vampire calls a vote with Charming Lobby and it is Delayed,
> > are they prohibited from playing Charming Lobby again that turn
> > by DT, or from playing the second vote again that turn?
>
> Both, since CL is a political action.

Thanks for the answers. A follow-up here: Does the Charming
Lobby get returned-to-hand as well as the called-with-Lobby
vote, or just the called-with-Lobby vote? Since both are
political cards...

Josh

LSJ

non lue,
18 déc. 2000, 11:14:4818/12/2000
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Joshua Duffin wrote:
> > > If a vampire calls a vote with Charming Lobby and it is Delayed,
> > > are they prohibited from playing Charming Lobby again that turn
> > > by DT, or from playing the second vote again that turn?
> >
> > Both, since CL is a political action.
>
> Thanks for the answers. A follow-up here: Does the Charming
> Lobby get returned-to-hand as well as the called-with-Lobby
> vote, or just the called-with-Lobby vote? Since both are
> political cards...

Just the Political Action card, not the Charming Lobby.

0 nouveau message