Rule: Mask of thousand faces

Mephistopheles

Aug 29, 2009, 10:11:37 AM8/29/09
I bleed for one with a small vampire and my prey declines to block.
Then I use mask of thousand faces with lets say Arika to bleed for 6
with a conditioning. Can my prey attempt to block?

LSJ

Aug 29, 2009, 10:12:18 AM8/29/09

No. The decision not to block is final (unless the target of the action changes,
as with Deflection).

Blooded Sand

Aug 31, 2009, 3:03:43 AM8/31/09

But you can play M1K without a block attempt? Awesome!

LSJ

Aug 31, 2009, 6:25:44 AM8/31/09

Right. But only at inferior. The superior adds stealth, so it cannot be used
when the stealth is not needed.

Blooded Sand

Aug 31, 2009, 8:15:42 AM8/31/09

But you can do nasty skull duggery like bleed with Koko, then M1K to
Arika once they decline blocks? Sweet!

However if the bleed then gets redirected, can you again again M1K
with Koko?
And Arika is seen as not having bled?

LSJ

Aug 31, 2009, 8:25:35 AM8/31/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> But you can do nasty [tricks] like bleed with Koko, then M1K to

> Arika once they decline blocks? Sweet!

Yes.

> However if the bleed then gets redirected, can you again again M1K
> with Koko?

Koko can play Mask 1K (assuming Arika didn't play any cards in the meantime that
Koko could not, and that no other effect was used that couldn't have been used
had Koko been the acting minion).

> And Arika is seen as not having bled?

If Arika isn't the acting minion when the action reaches resolution, then she
hasn't bled, right.