LSJ Shell Game untapping

technobabble66

Feb 2, 2010, 8:32:36 AM2/2/10
Simple q's, but i can't find a clarification.

Can Shell Game select tapped vamps (tho i assume if it can, they wont
boost the stealth as they're already tapped); and if so, would they
untap at the end of a successful action?

I assume the vamps selected MUST be untapped to begin with, otherwise
this seems like an amazing untapping card to surpass Freak Drive.

Shell Game
Action Modifier
Sanguinus
Only usable when the action is announced.
san: Tap X other ready Blood Brothers you control of the same circle
as this one to give this Blood Brother +X stealth (even if stealth is
not yet needed). If the action is successful, you may untap one of
those Blood Brothers.
SAN: As above, but untap an additional one of those Blood Brothers if
the action is successful.

LSJ

Feb 2, 2010, 9:05:31 AM2/2/10
On Feb 2, 8:32 am, technobabble66 <stujaq...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Simple q's, but i can't find a clarification.
>
> Can Shell Game select tapped vamps (tho i assume if it can, they wont
> boost the stealth as they're already tapped); and if so, would they
> untap at the end of a successful action?

"tap ... to". Tap them to get some effect. If they're already tapped,
then you can't tap them to get that effect.

Similarly you cannot tap a tapped Barrens to discard a card.

Powerlord

Feb 2, 2010, 4:04:54 PM2/2/10
On 2 Fev, 13:32, technobabble66 <stujaq...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Simple q's, but i can't find a clarification.
>
> Can Shell Game select tapped vamps (tho i assume if it can, they wont
> boost the stealth as they're already tapped); and if so, would they
> untap at the end of a successful action?

You only untap one at inferior SAN and two at superior SAN, regardless
the number of BB you tap, but you are forced to tap untapped ones.

Ricardo Marta
Prince of Lisboa
Portugal

Salem

Feb 5, 2010, 2:56:30 AM2/5/10
LSJ wrote:
> On Feb 2, 8:32 am, technobabble66 <stujaq...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Simple q's, but i can't find a clarification.
>>
>> Can Shell Game select tapped vamps (tho i assume if it can, they wont
>> boost the stealth as they're already tapped); and if so, would they
>> untap at the end of a successful action?
>
> "tap ... to". Tap them to get some effect. If they're already tapped,
> then you can't tap them to get that effect.
>
> Similarly you cannot tap a tapped Barrens to discard a card.

Can i choose a tapped BB, who then won't give me any stealth because he
didn't tap...to, but will allow me to untap him after the action?

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

LSJ

Feb 5, 2010, 8:04:32 AM2/5/10

That seems to be the same question as the OP's question.

The answer, quoted above, can be paraphrased as "no".

Salem

Feb 5, 2010, 8:12:01 PM2/5/10

it would appear indeed to be pretty much identical. sorry.

i kind of glossed over the original question, just read the reply, and
thought it was about the stealth aspect.

i thought the tap...to only applied to the stealth, and the untap was a
side effect.