Mehemet of the Ahl-i-Batin

0 vue

Jozxyqk

non lue,
23 juin 2001, 10:39:4023/06/2001
Does this guy's ability require the target vampire to have
a Discipline card, or can it be used just to burn a blood?

Vice versa, does it require that vampire to have blood, or can
he burn a Discipline card off of an empty vamp?

LSJ

non lue,
23 juin 2001, 16:22:4223/06/2001
Jozxyqk wrote:

> Does this guy's ability require the target vampire to have
> a Discipline card, or can it be used just to burn a blood?

The former.

> Vice versa, does it require that vampire to have blood, or can
> he burn a Discipline card off of an empty vamp?

The latter. It's OK to burn blood from an empty vampire. It's not
OK to target a card (like a Master: Discipline card) that doesn't
exist.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jozxyqk

non lue,
23 juin 2001, 17:06:0723/06/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
>>
>> Does this guy's ability require the target vampire to have
>> a Discipline card, or can it be used just to burn a blood?

> The former.
>
>> Vice versa, does it require that vampire to have blood, or can
>> he burn a Discipline card off of an empty vamp?

> The latter. It's OK to burn blood from an empty vampire. It's not
> OK to target a card (like a Master: Discipline card) that doesn't
> exist.

So he's not particularly great of a card...
But still it leaves him with an interesting strategy, giving a discipline
to a rival vampire and then destroying it and burning their blood.
Very nice assistance for Temptation :)

salem christ

non lue,
25 juin 2001, 02:25:2625/06/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B34FA92...@white-wolf.com>...

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> >
> > Does this guy's ability require the target vampire to have
> > a Discipline card, or can it be used just to burn a blood?
>
> The former.
>
> > Vice versa, does it require that vampire to have blood, or can
> > he burn a Discipline card off of an empty vamp?
>
> The latter. It's OK to burn blood from an empty vampire. It's not
> OK to target a card (like a Master: Discipline card) that doesn't
> exist.

ok. so is this a reversal on the following post which i got off a
search for "mehemet" in google:

****

From: L. Scott Johnson (sjoh...@math.scarolina.edu)
Subject: Re: Hey Scalpel! misc. Q's
Newsgroups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad
Date: 1996/11/25

David Pontes <l41...@alfa.ist.utl.pt> writes:
> Good evening. These questions have troubled my mind recently:
> - The Mehemet of the Ahl-i-Batin may burn a disc. card and a
>blood with a (D) action. Can he do just one of these effects (e.g.
just
>burn a blood)?

Judging by the way Cryptic Mission is handled (esp. the superior)
version,
you can use Mehemet's special ability to burn a blood on a vampire
without
burning a skill card - based purely on card text (as the ruling on
Cryptic
Mission relies on card text over card concept).

****

or am i just way behind on current rulings and it hasn't been supposed
to be played like this for years? O:)

thanks,

salem.

LSJ

non lue,
25 juin 2001, 06:32:1525/06/2001

Mehemet hasn't been played much at all, I think. :-)

Sorry for the conflicting answers (note: the original answer was given by someone
who was not associated officially with the game at the time) - the former was made
before the ruling that things that target cards must have an available target.
E.g., when the original ruling was made, it was legal to play Strike: Destroy
Weapon even if your opponent had no weapon. That is no longer the case.

0 nouveau message