Violet Tremain - the machine

1 vue

Jozxyqk

non lue,
15 sept. 2002, 12:18:4415/09/2002
With the new Thaumaturgy strikes being hand strikes, Violet Tremain's
ability might actually be worth something.

Now, assume Violet has gotten superior CEL.
She gets into combat, dodges, with an additional strike of Blood Fury
for 2 (hand damage). No presses, combat ends.
Can she wait for the opposing minion to lose a capacity before she
plays Psyche! at superior (and then do it again in the resulting combat)?
If not, will the opposing minion still lose a capacity at the end of the
chain of combats even if she doesn't do 2+ hand damage in the Psyche'd combat?

LSJ

non lue,
15 sept. 2002, 15:53:4615/09/2002
Jozxyqk wrote:

> With the new Thaumaturgy strikes being hand strikes, Violet Tremain's
> ability might actually be worth something.
>
> Now, assume Violet has gotten superior CEL.
> She gets into combat, dodges, with an additional strike of Blood Fury
> for 2 (hand damage). No presses, combat ends.
> Can she wait for the opposing minion to lose a capacity before she
> plays Psyche! at superior (and then do it again in the resulting combat)?

Yes.
The opposing minion's loss of capacity is not optional. It occurs at the end
of combat whether Psyche! is played or not.
See also hand size reduction/restoration from Raptors and card replacement
from "Do Not Replace Until After Combat" cards.

> If not, will the opposing minion still lose a capacity at the end of the
> chain of combats even if she doesn't do 2+ hand damage in the Psyche'd combat?

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

reyda

non lue,
15 sept. 2002, 15:55:4315/09/2002

since combat ends at some point (the condition for playing psyche!), the
opposing vampire's capacity is reduced by one, yes. When combat starts
again, the opposing vampire is 1 capacity below.
Is it so useful ? i guess not...

Maybe if you play with attonments, then your attoned small vapires can now
block the opposing vampire without tapping... If you playwith ventrues,
maybe you can buy the opposing vampire providing you lower his capacity very
low... anyway i doubt it's of any use.

reyda

Jozxyqk

non lue,
15 sept. 2002, 21:58:5315/09/2002
> Yes.
> The opposing minion's loss of capacity is not optional. It occurs at the end
> of combat whether Psyche! is played or not.
> See also hand size reduction/restoration from Raptors and card replacement
> from "Do Not Replace Until After Combat" cards.

Oh, a followup question:

If a vampire whose capacity was lowered by Violet is then Banished, does its
controller need to only influence it out to its reduced capacity? Or to its
full capacity? Is it at full capacity when it comes back out?

LSJ

non lue,
16 sept. 2002, 07:51:5316/09/2002

Reduced capacity.

Andy Brown

non lue,
16 sept. 2002, 08:25:1916/09/2002
LSJ wrote:

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> >
> > > Yes.
> > > The opposing minion's loss of capacity is not optional. It occurs at the end
> > > of combat whether Psyche! is played or not.
> > > See also hand size reduction/restoration from Raptors and card replacement
> > > from "Do Not Replace Until After Combat" cards.
> >
> > Oh, a followup question:
> >
> > If a vampire whose capacity was lowered by Violet is then Banished, does its
> > controller need to only influence it out to its reduced capacity? Or to its
> > full capacity? Is it at full capacity when it comes back out?
>
> Reduced capacity.

I had this come up a few months ago at Watford (although not in the
tourney). If a vampire is banished with a master discipline card
(or sanguine instruction), does he need to be filled up to orginal
capacity or new larger capacity (it would have made a large difference
to the result in the game for me). The guy who's vamp was banished
said that all cards on the vamp are ignored until it comes
back into play.

Is that correct?

If so, how does a vamp having being lowered by Violet Tremain
be any different?

Surely if she reduces the capacity, that is forgotten whilst
it is uncontrolled until it becomes controlled again (therefore
the blood rolls off into the bank).

--
Andy "Slytherin" Brown
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge

LSJ

non lue,
16 sept. 2002, 08:51:3316/09/2002
Andy Brown wrote:

> LSJ wrote:

> > > Oh, a followup question:
> > >
> > > If a vampire whose capacity was lowered by Violet is then Banished, does its
> > > controller need to only influence it out to its reduced capacity? Or to its
> > > full capacity? Is it at full capacity when it comes back out?
> >
> > Reduced capacity.
> >

> I had this come up a few months ago at Watford (although not in the
> tourney). If a vampire is banished with a master discipline card
> (or sanguine instruction), does he need to be filled up to orginal
> capacity or new larger capacity (it would have made a large difference
> to the result in the game for me). The guy who's vamp was banished
> said that all cards on the vamp are ignored until it comes
> back into play.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes.

> If so, how does a vamp having being lowered by Violet Tremain
> be any different?

No card.

> Surely if she reduces the capacity, that is forgotten whilst
> it is uncontrolled until it becomes controlled again (therefore
> the blood rolls off into the bank).

No.

0 nouveau message