Mikael Birkholm vs Aim card

floppyzedolfin

Feb 9, 2010, 4:01:31 AM2/9/10

If I use Mikael's special to "use the first aim card found in [my]
library" (let's say it's a Target Vitals), is that card put in the ash
heap afterwards?
Is it played? Can it be cancelled via Direct Intervention?
Can it be cancelled via its own text?

Thanks,
Pascal

~~

Mikael Birkholm
Clan: True Brujah
Group: 6
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: aus for pot PRE TEM
Independent: When choosing a gun strike, Mikael may use the first aim
card found in your library (shuffle afterward). He cannot play cards
that require Celerity. +1 hand size. Scarce.

Target Vitals
Cardtype: Combat
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the
opposing minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this
strike, and he or she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may
discard two combat cards [COMBAT] to cancel this card. A minion may
play only one aim each strike.

Vincent

Feb 9, 2010, 6:10:27 AM2/9/10

Addtionnal question : can Mikael Birkholm play an Aim card from your
hand then use his special to "use" another aim card (from the library)?

Abdul alHazred

Feb 9, 2010, 6:32:21 AM2/9/10
> hand then use his special to "use" another aim card (from the library)?- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

..and can a aim card used by Mikael via his special ability be placed
on a pair of Light intensifying goggles afterwards?

I´m guessing yes since both Mikael and Lightintesifuing goggles are
using the word "use"

Light Intensifying Goggles
Type: Equipment

Electronic equipment.
This minion gets an optional maneuver on the first round of combat.
You may move any aim card this minion uses to this card (even if it is
canceled). This minion may play an aim card on this equipment as if
from your hand. Remove that aim card from the game.

LSJ

Feb 9, 2010, 6:45:58 AM2/9/10
On Feb 9, 4:01 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I use Mikael's special to "use the first aim card found in [my]
> library" (let's say it's a Target Vitals), is that card put in the ash
> heap afterwards?

Yes.

> Is it played? Can it be cancelled via Direct Intervention?

It is not played in the normal manner (from the hand), since Mikael
lacks the "as if from hand" text.

> Can it be cancelled via its own text?

Yes, card text.

LSJ

Feb 9, 2010, 6:48:06 AM2/9/10
On Feb 9, 6:10 am, Vincent <v.rip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Addtionnal question : can Mikael Birkholm play an Aim card from your
> hand then use his special to "use" another aim card (from the library)?

No.

LSJ

Feb 9, 2010, 6:48:40 AM2/9/10

Good guess.

Orpheus

Feb 9, 2010, 4:42:48 PM2/9/10
LSJ wrote:
> On Feb 9, 4:01 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I use Mikael's special to "use the first aim card found in [my]
>> library" (let's say it's a Target Vitals), is that card put in the
>> ash heap afterwards?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Is it played? Can it be cancelled via Direct Intervention?
>
> It is not played in the normal manner (from the hand), since Mikael
> lacks the "as if from hand" text.

Meaning then that it can't be DIed ?

floppyzedolfin

Feb 9, 2010, 5:15:05 PM2/9/10

Yes. Only cards played the normal manner can be DI'ed.