DELAYING TACTICS (LSJ)

1 vue

François Alix

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 16:22:2111/02/2001
Greetings Mr. LSJ !
What's happening when my prey plays a delaying tactics ?
Can I call another referendum with the same Vampire ?
Many thanks for the answer
François Alix

LSJ

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 17:01:5211/02/2001
"François Alix" <al...@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> What's happening when my prey plays a delaying tactics ?

The political action is canceled.
The acting vampire is untapped.
The controller of the acting vampire takes the political card (if any)
back into his or her hand.
His or her vampires become unable to take the same political action
for the remainder of the turn.

> Can I call another referendum with the same Vampire ?

Yes, unless you're using the "No Repeat Action" special floor rule
from the V:EKN Tournament Rules.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

James Coupe

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 17:19:5511/02/2001
"François Alix" <al...@club-internet.fr> writes:

> Greetings Mr. LSJ !
> What's happening when my prey plays a delaying tactics ?
> Can I call another referendum with the same Vampire ?

If playing with No Repeat Actions, as per tournament rules, no.

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D

Standard disclaimers apply to this post. Full written details
available upon request. Your statutory rights are not affected.

torpor...@my-deja.com

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 01:09:2812/02/2001
In article <96724c$lle$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> "François Alix" <al...@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> > What's happening when my prey plays a delaying tactics ?
>
> The political action is canceled.

> > Can I call another referendum with the same Vampire ?

> Yes, unless you're using the "No Repeat Action" special floor rule
> from the V:EKN Tournament Rules.

I was under the impression that a canceled action was concidered never
to have taken place therefore NRA would not apply. please clarify.

thanks,

Eric

James Coupe

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 05:12:2512/02/2001
torpor...@my-deja.com writes:

> I was under the impression that a canceled action was concidered never
> to have taken place therefore NRA would not apply. please clarify.

That something is cancelled does not mean it did not happen.

e.g. only one giant's blood can be played per game, even if the first
one was Suddenly Reversed.

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D

"Definitely a woman" - www.thespark.com/

torpor...@my-deja.com

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 07:27:3112/02/2001
In article <2wpugog...@kern.srcf.societies.cam.ac.uk>,

James Coupe <jr...@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> torpor...@my-deja.com writes:
>
> > I was under the impression that a canceled action was concidered
never
> > to have taken place therefore NRA would not apply. please clarify.
>
> That something is cancelled does not mean it did not happen.
>
> e.g. only one giant's blood can be played per game, even if the first
> one was Suddenly Reversed.

but in another thread LSJ says

See the online rulings:

No Repeat Actions (V:EKN)
* The acting minion when the action resolves (blocked or successful)
becomes unable to perform the same type of action again this turn (if
the "No Repeat Actions"
V:EKN special floor rule is being used). [RTR 20-MAR-1997]

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

the delayed vote never resolved so NRA does not apply correct?

thanks

LSJ

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 07:35:4112/02/2001
torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> James Coupe <jr...@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > torpor...@my-deja.com writes:
> > > I was under the impression that a canceled action was concidered
> never
> > > to have taken place therefore NRA would not apply. please clarify.
> >
> > That something is cancelled does not mean it did not happen.
> > e.g. only one giant's blood can be played per game, even if the
> > first one was Suddenly Reversed.
> >

> but in another thread LSJ says
>
> See the online rulings:
>
> No Repeat Actions (V:EKN)
> * The acting minion when the action resolves (blocked or successful)
> becomes unable to perform the same type of action again this turn
> (if the "No Repeat Actions" V:EKN special floor rule is being
> used). [RTR 20-MAR-1997]
>
> the delayed vote never resolved so NRA does not apply correct?

The political action reached the resolution phase (i.e., it wasn't
blocked) - it must get to that stage before Delaying Tactics can
be played. Therefore, the acting minion cannot perform another
political action again, since the one he just performed was successful
(even though the referendum was canceled).

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

torpor...@my-deja.com

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 07:43:3112/02/2001

> > but in another thread LSJ says
> >
> > See the online rulings:
> >
> > No Repeat Actions (V:EKN)
> > * The acting minion when the action resolves (blocked or
successful)
> > becomes unable to perform the same type of action again this turn
> > (if the "No Repeat Actions" V:EKN special floor rule is being
> > used). [RTR 20-MAR-1997]
> >
> > the delayed vote never resolved so NRA does not apply correct?
>
> The political action reached the resolution phase (i.e., it wasn't
> blocked) - it must get to that stage before Delaying Tactics can
> be played. Therefore, the acting minion cannot perform another
> political action again, since the one he just performed was successful
> (even though the referendum was canceled).
>
> --
> LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
> Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and tournament rules:
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

I see so your saying that the resolution of a political action and the
resolution of a referendum are 2 different things?

thanks

Eric

LSJ

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 08:07:1712/02/2001
torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> [uncited quote snipped]

> I see so your saying that the resolution of a political action and the
> resolution of a referendum are 2 different things?

Yes. [6.1.7], [6.2.3], [6.3.1], [6.3.2]

torpor...@my-deja.com

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 08:29:2412/02/2001
In article <968n63$tqu$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > [uncited quote snipped]
> > I see so your saying that the resolution of a political action and
the
> > resolution of a referendum are 2 different things?
> >

> Yes. [6.1.7], [6.2.3], [6.3.1], [6.3.2]

since this is the case shouldn't delaying tactics be reworded

Delaying Tactics [Jyhad, V:TES]
Cardtype: Reaction
Any vampire. Only usable during a political action. The political
action is canceled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of the

acting <vampire> takes the political card (if any) back into his or her

hand, and his or her <vampires> cannot take the same political action
this turn.

shouldn't it read only during a referendum as is the case with Elder
kindred network and pulling strings.
as it reads now my point is still valid

thanks

Eric

not arguing just trying to get this straight in my head

LSJ

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 08:49:4812/02/2001
torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> since this is the case shouldn't delaying tactics be reworded
>
> Delaying Tactics [Jyhad, V:TES]
> Cardtype: Reaction
> Any vampire. Only usable during a political action. The political
> action is canceled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of the
> acting <vampire> takes the political card (if any) back into his or
> her hand, and his or her <vampires> cannot take the same political
> action this turn.
>
> shouldn't it read only during a referendum as is the case with Elder
> kindred network and pulling strings.
>
> as it reads now my point is still valid

See [6.3.2] - "during political action" means "during referendum".

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

torpor...@my-deja.com

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 08:59:5912/02/2001
In article <968plp$vp7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > since this is the case shouldn't delaying tactics be reworded
> >
> > Delaying Tactics [Jyhad, V:TES]
> > Cardtype: Reaction
> > Any vampire. Only usable during a political action. The
political
> > action is canceled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of the
> > acting <vampire> takes the political card (if any) back into his or
> > her hand, and his or her <vampires> cannot take the same political
> > action this turn.
> >
> > shouldn't it read only during a referendum as is the case with Elder
> > kindred network and pulling strings.
> >
> > as it reads now my point is still valid
>
> See [6.3.2] - "during political action" means "during referendum".

ok so 2 questions

1.why the change to pulling strings and EKN?

2.Shouldn't it read the referendum is canceled?

it specifys the action is canceled and by my logic a canceled action
never resolves therefore no NRA violation.

thanks

Eric

Getting more confused by the minute

LSJ

non lue,
12 févr. 2001, 09:12:5112/02/2001
torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> 1.why the change to pulling strings and EKN?

Clarity. No real change.

> 2.Shouldn't it read the referendum is canceled?

No. For instance, you cannot Freak Drive after the politcal
action is canceled.

> it specifys the action is canceled and by my logic a canceled action
> never resolves therefore no NRA violation.

That's not the logic to use. Canceling something doesn't make
it so that it never happened. You can't use DT to cancel the PA
until it resolves, so it is still treated as resolved. See also
Sudden Reversal and Direct Intervention.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Eric Freeman

non lue,
13 févr. 2001, 09:53:5213/02/2001

LSJ wrote:

> torpor...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > since this is the case shouldn't delaying tactics be reworded
> >
> > Delaying Tactics [Jyhad, V:TES]
> > Cardtype: Reaction
> > Any vampire. Only usable during a political action. The political
> > action is canceled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of the
> > acting <vampire> takes the political card (if any) back into his or
> > her hand, and his or her <vampires> cannot take the same political
> > action this turn.
> >
> > shouldn't it read only during a referendum as is the case with Elder
> > kindred network and pulling strings.
> >
> > as it reads now my point is still valid
>
> See [6.3.2] - "during political action" means "during referendum".

6.3.2 reads ""A card that uses the phrase"during a political action" is
typically referring to the referendum part of the political action""

using all current card texts for political reactions one could easily
conclude that Delaying Tactics is the atypical instance referred to in
section 6.3.2

the horse is now dead and I shall put away my whip

thanks

Eric ( was torpor_bound before deja blew up)

François Alix

non lue,
13 févr. 2001, 17:59:3013/02/2001
Perfectly clear !!