Q´s for LSJ!

1 vue

Claus Staal

non lue,
4 juin 2002, 04:55:5904/06/2002
Hi!

I was just wondering about the effect of cards like "seeds of
corruption", "Extortion", etc.etc.

These cards state that in order for actions to be made, or untapping
(extortion at inferior) additional blood has to be burned ... So if the
vampire with any of these cards on it doesn´t have enough blood to
fullfil these requirements, will it:

1. Burn whatever blood it has left and then act, or

2. Not be able to act or untap?

Please advice!

(i.e. a vampire being succesfully blocked when hunting and then having
an extortion played at inferior, but not going to torpor in the
resulting combat. This vampire will then be tapped and at zero blood
during it´s next untap phase ... will it be able to untap?)

Regards and thanks in advance!

James Coupe

non lue,
4 juin 2002, 07:40:2204/06/2002
In message <1d7416638916f46ef4e...@mygate.mailgate.org>,

Claus Staal <c...@mbureauet.dk> writes:
>Hi!
>
>I was just wondering about the effect of cards like "seeds of
>corruption", "Extortion", etc.etc.
>
>These cards state that in order for actions to be made, or untapping
>(extortion at inferior) additional blood has to be burned ...

Extortion is worded as "burn an additional blood to untap". As a
result, this means that the vampire *has* to burn a blood in order to
untap. (If it is already untapped when this occurs, it will stay
untapped, of course.)

If it has no blood, it cannot pay the cost. So it would not be able to
untap.

With Seeds of Corruption:

# The vampire burns blood for Seeds of Corruption when the
action is attempted. [RTR]

but note also that it is *not* a cost. The vampire simple burns blood.

The obvious example is hunting when a vampire is on zero. The vampire
attempts to hunt, and burns the blood from Seeds of Corruption. (Since
it has no blood, this has no effect.)

If the hunt is successful, the vampire then gets one blood.

End result, one blood.

>(i.e. a vampire being succesfully blocked when hunting and then having
>an extortion played at inferior, but not going to torpor in the
>resulting combat. This vampire will then be tapped and at zero blood

>during it愀 next untap phase ... will it be able to untap?)

It wouldn't be able to untap, per card text. It has no blood to pay the
cost.

--
James Coupe
PGP 0x5D623D5D I am woman. Here, me raw.

LSJ

non lue,
4 juin 2002, 08:09:1404/06/2002
Claus Staal wrote:
> I was just wondering about the effect of cards like "seeds of
> corruption", "Extortion", etc.etc.
>
> These cards state that in order for actions to be made, or untapping
> (extortion at inferior) additional blood has to be burned ... So if the
> vampire with any of these cards on it doesn´t have enough blood to
> fullfil these requirements, will it:
>
> 1. Burn whatever blood it has left and then act, or
>
> 2. Not be able to act or untap?
>
> Please advice!

Depends on the card text. If the card says that he has to burn additional
blood "to" untap or that actions "cost" additional blood, then he must
have the additional blood in order to untap/act.

Conversely, if the card says that the minion burns additional blood when
he untaps or takes an action, then that's just an effect that occurs
when he untaps or acts (and vampires ignore burn blood effects beyond
there blood supply).

Seeds of Corruption is in this latter category.
Inferior Extortion falls into the former category.

> (i.e. a vampire being succesfully blocked when hunting and then having
> an extortion played at inferior, but not going to torpor in the
> resulting combat. This vampire will then be tapped and at zero blood
> during it´s next untap phase ... will it be able to untap?)

No.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message