LSJ: Greta/card targets/gun strikes ?

3 vues

Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com

non lue,
7 févr. 2002, 16:51:0207/02/2002

1-Can greta kircher use her 'pay 1 blood to reduce bleed by 1' ability
even when she is tapped?

2-can you play a card without a legal target? (IE:steal weapon with no
weapon to steal, taste of vitae with no lost blood, disguised weapon
with no weapon in hand, etc.)

3-If a minion is prevented from using strikers from hidden lurker,
etc. can that minion still maneuver with a gun and have his
preselected strike with the gun fail? Or since he is selecting a
strike along with that maneuver, he is prevented from using the gun at
all?

thanks,

Reyda

non lue,
7 févr. 2002, 18:02:0407/02/2002

<Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> 1-Can greta kircher use her 'pay 1 blood to reduce bleed by 1' ability
> even when she is tapped?

Yes =)

> 2-can you play a card without a legal target? (IE:steal weapon with no
> weapon to steal, taste of vitae with no lost blood, disguised weapon
> with no weapon in hand, etc.)

No, it is illegal. you cannot steal what doesn't exist in the first place.
You cannot equip with nothing.
Note, however, that you can play Minion tap on a vampire with zero blood, or
play taste of vitae if the opposing vampire has lost zero blood ("any amount
of blood" can be zero )

> 3-If a minion is prevented from using strikers from hidden lurker,
> etc. can that minion still maneuver with a gun and have his
> preselected strike with the gun fail? Or since he is selecting a
> strike along with that maneuver, he is prevented from using the gun at
> all?

He cannot use the gun in any way, since he is commited to strike with it if
he uses the maneuver. Note that he can still maneuver with other
"nonstrike"-maneuver cards. Lurked vampire can also play immortal grapple to
prevent those pesky flame thrower involving combos ;)

reyda

LSJ

non lue,
7 févr. 2002, 20:51:4607/02/2002
Reyda wrote:
> <Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > 1-Can greta kircher use her 'pay 1 blood to reduce bleed by 1' ability
> > even when she is tapped?
>
> Yes =)

Correct.

> > 2-can you play a card without a legal target? (IE:steal weapon with no
> > weapon to steal, taste of vitae with no lost blood, disguised weapon
> > with no weapon in hand, etc.)
>
> No, it is illegal. you cannot steal what doesn't exist in the first place.
> You cannot equip with nothing.
> Note, however, that you can play Minion tap on a vampire with zero blood, or
> play taste of vitae if the opposing vampire has lost zero blood ("any amount
> of blood" can be zero )

Correct.

> > 3-If a minion is prevented from using strikers from hidden lurker,
> > etc. can that minion still maneuver with a gun and have his
> > preselected strike with the gun fail? Or since he is selecting a
> > strike along with that maneuver, he is prevented from using the gun at
> > all?
>
> He cannot use the gun in any way, since he is commited to strike with it if
> he uses the maneuver. Note that he can still maneuver with other
> "nonstrike"-maneuver cards. Lurked vampire can also play immortal grapple to
> prevent those pesky flame thrower involving combos ;)

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Marty

non lue,
8 févr. 2002, 12:21:1508/02/2002
Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com wrote in message news:<3c62f5de.143977106@news>...
> 1-Can greta kircher use her 'pay 1 blood to reduce bleed by 1' ability
> even when she is tapped?

Think you'll find she can.

> 2-can you play a card without a legal target? (IE:steal weapon with no
> weapon to steal, taste of vitae with no lost blood, disguised weapon
> with no weapon in hand, etc.)

I see no reason why you cannot play Fast Hands if they do not have a
weapon. However, card text with Disguised Weapon states 'if you have
a weapomn in your hand', so no, you cannot play that.
I believe you can play Taste of Vitae irrespective of blood loss.
Best to check with LSJ on this point. The only reason I am unsure is
I don't think you can play Damage Prevention cards if you have taken
no damage (if your opponent dodges for instances). Hence my
uncertainty. LSJ, clarification please? :)

> 3-If a minion is prevented from using strikers from hidden lurker,
> etc. can that minion still maneuver with a gun and have his
> preselected strike with the gun fail? Or since he is selecting a
> strike along with that maneuver, he is prevented from using the gun at
> all?

No, you can't. If you use the inherant maneuver of a gun, you MUST
strike with that gun (without exception - unless you're Immortal
Grappled). if you are unable to strike (Hidden Lurker, Fast
Reactions, Lapse) you cannot use the maneuver with the weapon.

> thanks,

Martin

0 nouveau message