Shattering Crescendo (LSJ)

Whisker

Feb 8, 2010, 10:06:56 AM2/8/10

Shattering Crescendo
type:action
cost: 1 blood
pro: D inflict 1 unpreventable damage on ally or retainer
mel: D Discard a Shattering Crescendo from your hand to inflict 2
unpreventable
damage on each of up to 2 minions controlled by a single Methuselah
MEL: as mel above, but for 3 damage each

When using this card at mel/MEL at wich point do you discard the
second copy?
1. After the D action is succesfull?
2. When you announce the action?

LSJ

Feb 8, 2010, 10:30:53 AM2/8/10

1. When it is successful.

Chris Berger

Feb 8, 2010, 10:44:52 AM2/8/10

Which of these is true? If you attempt a Shattering Crescendo when
you do not have another one in hand,
a) you are cheating.
b) the action fizzles at resolution if you didn't draw another one.

It seems apparent to me that if you attempt it when you had another in
hand and then somehow are forced to discard it during the action (such
as being blocked by a Raptor'd minion and continuing with Form of
Mist), and don't have another to discard... in that case, it would
simply fizzle.

LSJ

Feb 8, 2010, 11:08:38 AM2/8/10
On Feb 8, 10:44 am, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 9:30 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 8, 10:06 am, Whisker <moisander.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Shattering Crescendo
> > > type:action
> > > cost: 1 blood
> > > pro: D inflict 1 unpreventable damage on ally or retainer
> > > mel: D Discard a Shattering Crescendo from your hand to inflict 2
> > > unpreventable
> > > damage on each of up to 2 minions controlled by a single Methuselah
> > > MEL: as mel above, but for 3 damage each
>
> > > When using this card at mel/MEL at wich point do you discard the
> > > second copy?
> > > 1. After the D action is succesfull?
> > > 2. When you announce the action?
>
> > 1. When it is successful.
>
> Which of these is true?  If you attempt a Shattering Crescendo when
> you do not have another one in hand,
> a) you are cheating.
> b) the action fizzles at resolution if you didn't draw another one.

a).

> It seems apparent to me that if you attempt it when you had another in
> hand and then somehow are forced to discard it during the action (such
> as being blocked by a Raptor'd minion and continuing with Form of
> Mist), and don't have another to discard...  in that case, it would
> simply fizzle.

Correct.