announcing actions Q

5 vues

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 10:14:4307/12/2001
(which came to mind because of The Grandest Trick)

Do "only usable when an action is announced" cards have a window
of playability while announcing the action in which only cards
with this text can be played? ie, is it illegal to play
Conditioning while still in the "announcing the action" phase?

I'm wondering because The Grandest Trick would (obviously)
be much more useful if you can play your Conditioning before
playing The Grandest Trick (since you can't play it after).
But with all those restrictions on the card, it seems likely
that it doesn't intend to allow this.

thanks,

Josh

and why is it so grand to pretend to be a human?

LSJ

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 10:25:3607/12/2001
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> (which came to mind because of The Grandest Trick)
>
> Do "only usable when an action is announced" cards have a window
> of playability while announcing the action in which only cards
> with this text can be played?

Yes.

> ie, is it illegal to play
> Conditioning while still in the "announcing the action" phase?

No.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Derek Ray

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 10:37:5607/12/2001
In message <3C10DF70...@white-wolf.com>,
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> mumbled something about:

>Joshua Duffin wrote:
>> ie, is it illegal to play
>> Conditioning while still in the "announcing the action" phase?
>
>No.

However, if you played a Conditioning, the action would now require a
discipline, making Grandest Trick unplayable, correct?

--
Derek

...Vampire Squirrel has come to bite your nuts!

LSJ

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 10:45:2907/12/2001
Derek Ray wrote:

> In message <3C10DF70...@white-wolf.com>,
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> mumbled something about:
>
> >Joshua Duffin wrote:
> >> ie, is it illegal to play
> >> Conditioning while still in the "announcing the action" phase?
> >
> >No.
>
> However, if you played a Conditioning, the action would now require a
> discipline, making Grandest Trick unplayable, correct?

No. What the action requires is no connected to any action modifiers.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 11:22:1407/12/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Joshua Duffin wrote:

> > Do "only usable when an action is announced" cards have a window
> > of playability while announcing the action in which only cards
> > with this text can be played?
>
> Yes.
>
> > ie, is it illegal to play
> > Conditioning while still in the "announcing the action" phase?
>
> No.

I don't understand why these answers don't contradict each other.
If there's a phase where only "while announcing the action"
cards are legal, then you can't play Conditioning during that
phase, since it doesn't say "playable only while announcing an
action". Or do you mean that there is an "announcing the action"
phase, which is the only time "announcing an action" cards can
be played, but other cards can be played during that phase as
well?

Josh

easily confused

Jozxyqk

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 11:28:4007/12/2001
> If there's a phase where only "while announcing the action"
> cards are legal, then you can't play Conditioning during that
> phase, since it doesn't say "playable only while announcing an
> action". Or do you mean that there is an "announcing the action"
> phase, which is the only time "announcing an action" cards can
> be played, but other cards can be played during that phase as
> well?

I think you're answering your own question here.
If an Action Modifier says "playable ONLY while announcing the
action", then it's playable ONLY while announcing the action.
If it doesn't say that, then you can play it while announcing
the action or after announcing the action. You have more
options of when to play it.

Did I make this less confusing, or more confusing?

LSJ

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 11:36:4407/12/2001
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > Joshua Duffin wrote:
>
> > > Do "only usable when an action is announced" cards have a window
> > > of playability while announcing the action in which only cards
> > > with this text can be played?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > ie, is it illegal to play
> > > Conditioning while still in the "announcing the action" phase?
> >
> > No.
>
> I don't understand why these answers don't contradict each other.

They do. I misread your second question as "legal".
The correct answer to both is "yes".

0 nouveau message