Who is Hazimel's Best Friend?

1 vue

Peter Oh

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 01:32:3919/09/2002
A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which vampire would
maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to a few halfway thought
out conclusions.

Lazvernius: Being able to rush another vampire with a base strength of 4
r0x0rs. +1 bleed on him is good too of course. He can do a few cool things
with some of the Chimerstry cards like Nightmare Curse. Sure he already has
POT so that's a tad redundant. But he'd be able to put up quite a wall with
his AUS or Eternal Vigilance. And don't forget his FOR. He can beat the
crap out of you, Burning Wrath you for one less blood, Freak Drive for free
and then Bleed you for 7.

Lambach: Being able to rush with +1 strength aggravated damage is nice,
especially when you can now TS + IG + US for 6 aggravated. Yum.... See
Also: Basilla or Samantha, et al. He's also putting up a nice block and
beat wall with his AUS and maybe Eternal Vigilance. DOM makes him the
ultimate bruise and bleed threat.

I'm sure there are others, but those were the two that immediately came to
the mind of us down in D.C.

Anyone else that would be good for the Eye?

Peteo

Jay Kristoff

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 06:13:1019/09/2002
Peter Oh wrote:

>Lazvernius: Being able to rush another vampire with a base strength of 4
>r0x0rs. +1 bleed on him is good too of course. He can do a few cool
things
>with some of the Chimerstry cards like Nightmare Curse. Sure he already
has
>POT so that's a tad redundant. But he'd be able to put up quite a wall
with
>his AUS or Eternal Vigilance. And don't forget his FOR. He can beat the
>crap out of you, Burning Wrath you for one less blood, Freak Drive for free
>and then Bleed you for 7.

Why could he Freak Drive for free?

Eye of Hazimel:

Eye of Hazimel
Equipment
3 Pool
Unique equipment.
The minion with this equipment gets +1 bleed and +1
strength. This minion may enter combat with any
minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D)
action. If this minion is a vampire, he or she has
superior Chimerstry and superior Potence, and combat
cards cost this vampire 1 less blood to play. While
the bearer is ready, this equipment cannot be
transferred, moved, or stolen. If this equipment is
burned, this minion takes 5 unpreventable damage.
During your untap phase, burn 1 pool or burn this
equipment.

...or maybe you were thinking of adding Masochism as well...

Jay

reyda

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 06:31:2919/09/2002
Peter Oh wrote:
> A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which
> vampire would maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to
> a few halfway thought out conclusions.
(snip)

Laz already has sup potence and +2 strength he's already a combat monster
Lambach has also access to very strong combat cards. I won't give them the
eye.

I'll have to put together a storyline deck, and will center my deck around a
two man army :

Ivan Krenyenko (POT CHI + 1 strength) which can fetch any equipment from
library during untap
and the infamous Lazar (for, annoying special)

Lazar with for POT CHI can survive almost any rush he takes : he pays one
less blood for Skin of steel or Apparition. This makes a potence
trapparition perfectly viable for those two vampires. I may add that any
small cap ravnos equipped with the hand of conrad, say Givran dalaal (giving
him POT) can bring Lazar from the ash heap for more rushing madness =)

hey, now i can't say i'll be pissed of when someone will sit at the
storyline table with exactly the same deck i just brought =)

reyda

hamdamcwa

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 07:46:4019/09/2002
"Peter Oh" <ohb...@wam.umd.edu> wrote in message news:<Xjdi9.40924$jG2.2...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which vampire would
> maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to a few halfway thought
> out conclusions.
>
> Lazvernius: Being able to rush another vampire with a base strength of 4
> r0x0rs. +1 bleed on him is good too of course. He can do a few cool things
> with some of the Chimerstry cards like Nightmare Curse. Sure he already has
> POT so that's a tad redundant. But he'd be able to put up quite a wall with
> his AUS or Eternal Vigilance. And don't forget his FOR. He can beat the
> crap out of you, Burning Wrath you for one less blood, Freak Drive for free
> and then Bleed you for 7.

I suppose, but a Dominate / Potence / Chimestry / Auspex / Fortitude
deck is reaching a bit - especially since there is no guarantee he
will get the eye. I would prefer standard intercept / beats with a few
Eternal Vigilance, and throw in a couple of Draba to shag the
inevitable Stealth Bleeder. Add a couple of Pulses for motion and you
are in better shape. This way you are looking at a Pot / For / Aus
deck with a small amount of Chimestry on the offchance. You could also
do the "famous" Karl Strathcona "Tag Team" throwing in Vincent Day and
maybe Ulugh Beg for larks. Use the Eye for innates and, as I said, a
few Draba (which is fairly awesome at sup) for the times you DO get
it.

> Lambach: Being able to rush with +1 strength aggravated damage is nice,
> especially when you can now TS + IG + US for 6 aggravated. Yum.... See
> Also: Basilla or Samantha, et al. He's also putting up a nice block and
> beat wall with his AUS and maybe Eternal Vigilance. DOM makes him the
> ultimate bruise and bleed threat.

VERY weak, since Lambach's strength is in his intercept and Visscitude
/ Dom combo. 10 blood for agg damage at default is pokey. Maybe Mary
the Black or someone cheaper. The intercept option is better engaged
through Laz (above).

> I'm sure there are others, but those were the two that immediately came to
> the mind of us down in D.C.
>
> Anyone else that would be good for the Eye?

Well, I had been working on a Dom / Chi deck using 3 ravnos (Vaclav,
Big Ivan, and that 8 cap with a crap special and possibly Francois
Villon). The high concept is the use of Imposing Phantasm and Potence
- Grapple, IP, hit for shack-loads, disarm. Or Burning Wrath. With the
Path up, you are looking at FREE additional strikes and +1 hand,
providing you use it to put a vampire down.

Now, with the Eye and the Hand of Conrad, you are looking at an
additional 2 ways to power up your Ravnos with POT outside of master
cards. Bearing in mind that Ivan has +1 hand anyway, with the eye he
has a default of 3 hand damage, with IP - 4 hand damage!!! With his
Obf tuned up, you are looking at Sacrificial Lambs being an option
(great with Spider Killer). OK, this is a pot / chi / obf deck (and
lets face it, FOR is likely to be involved somewhere, as is ANI), but
this has built in synergy with the eye's potential.

Aside from this, I'm sure there is a "comedy deck" that could be done
with the GREAT BEAST... (that's right kids, 4 Hand damage, 3 Bleed,
preventing more damage than he should.... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's The
Beast!!!).

DH

Tobias

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 08:31:5619/09/2002
"Peter Oh" <ohb...@wam.umd.edu> wrote in message news:<Xjdi9.40924$jG2.2...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

I was thinking of Illiana, myself.

Another option, provided every player gets an Eye in advance and is
allowed to put it in their deck, is Ivan Krenyenko.

Tobias
Deventer

XZealot

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 08:54:5119/09/2002

I will throw my vote in the ring for the vampire that makes the biggest
nasty with the Eye of Hazimel is.....

Gunther - Beast Lord

----
Clan: Gangrel
Capacity: 7

Camarilla

Group: 1

Ability: Gunther may burn 1 blood to untap at the end of your turn

Disciplines :

Superior Animalism
Inferior Auspex
Inferior Fortitude
Inferior Protean

When you add the Eye of Hazimel to him he becomes

Uber-Gunther, Beast Lord

Cap 7

Ability:Gunther may burn 1 blood to untap at the end of the turn

Disciplines
Superior Animalism
Superior Chimerstry
Superior Potence
Inferior Auspex
Inferior Fortitude
Inferior Protean

This gives him access to POT/pro with free wolves claws for rush actions,
and aus/CHI to play intercept and reduce stealth in combonation with his
untap ability.

Gunther is the Man!

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.

The Tzimisce Lord

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 09:05:0119/09/2002
XZealot wrote:

> I will throw my vote in the ring for the vampire that makes the biggest
> nasty with the Eye of Hazimel is.....
>
> Gunther - Beast Lord

what about omaya + Path of Feral Heart??
!gangrel
cap 7
ANI AUS FOR pro (POT CHI)
Prevent one damage each combat
+ can play read the winds

--
TzimisceLord
http://myvtes.free.fr

agzocgud

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 09:13:2119/09/2002
> A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which vampire would
> maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to a few halfway thought
> out conclusions.

I´m looking at the eye cryptwise. There is one with CHI/POT vampire
already, the mighty Ivan Krenyenko. There are 14 other (type 1+2)
ANI/FOR vampires. These 14 would be first choise to take control the
eye. Sarisha Veliku & Joaquina Amaya are nice "in clan" choises at
modest capacity. When you have this giong you will have two
unstoppable (saving rotscreck) combat machines. Think Carrion
Crows+TS+DotB+Imposing Phantasm+IG+potence strike for maximum carnage.
Week of Nightmares & Depravity are nice longterm options for even more
damage.

/Mathias

XZealot

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 09:19:2619/09/2002
> what about omaya + Path of Feral Heart??
> !gangrel
> cap 7
> ANI AUS FOR pro (POT CHI)
> Prevent one damage each combat
> + can play read the winds

I can finally play the Body of Sun for 2 blood without needind to use Dragos
or Clan Impersonation!

AL

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 09:57:0619/09/2002
How about Cardano?
Equip the Eye with Magic of the Smith (Ankara Citadel is for pussies
like Etrius). Ahh...Now the big C has CHI DOM FOR POT THA + other
benefits the Eye gives. Rush somebody, Torn Signpost, IG, Blood Fury,
Disarm, Freak, Graverob, Freak, Bleed etc... And, by the way, the Eye
of Hazimel is a nice replacement to the eye that is lost when making a
Rutor's Hand :)

AL

Peter Oh

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 09:57:3519/09/2002

"Jay Kristoff" <j...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

> Peter Oh wrote:
>
> >Lazvernius: Being able to rush another vampire with a base strength of 4
> >r0x0rs. +1 bleed on him is good too of course. He can do a few cool
> things
> >with some of the Chimerstry cards like Nightmare Curse. Sure he already
> has
> >POT so that's a tad redundant. But he'd be able to put up quite a wall
> with
> >his AUS or Eternal Vigilance. And don't forget his FOR. He can beat the
> >crap out of you, Burning Wrath you for one less blood, Freak Drive for
free
> >and then Bleed you for 7.
>
> Why could he Freak Drive for free?

Eh, I dunno. Brain Fart I guess. Or maybe I thought it was play 1 less
blood for *any* card.

Peteo

The Tzimisce Lord

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 10:02:1119/09/2002

How will you have an Eye in your library?
btw do not forget that there is only ONE eye for 5 players iMHO
you should not assume that you will have it.

Daz

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 12:10:3919/09/2002
I´d say Dragos cause he doesn´t pay for combat cards and CHI cards can
be quite expensive.
But like someone else pointed out, a Drawing out the beast and Canine
Horde will destroy my Dragos deck :)

Halcyan 2

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 12:59:2919/09/2002
>A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which vampire would
>maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to a few halfway thought
>out conclusions.

I was thinking about this the other day, and (though I'll obviously be playing
the uber-kewl Tremere Antitribu), I thought the Eye of Hazimel would be perfect
for the classic Illusions of Alexandra type deck. Give Alexandra the Eye, if
you get blocked (or if you want to Bum's Rush someone), play Illusions of the
Kindred to fetch another Alexandra (who can Lightning Reflexes for a whole lot
of damage) and who untaps the "real" Alexandra. Of course the idea has existed
for a while now, but the Eye provides the convenient CHI (though you might also
want to use some skill cards just in case you don't get the eye and/or DotB is
around).

Similarly, didn't someone once have an amusing CHI/PRO deck using Illusions to
play Body of Sun?

Halcyan 2

Jeff Kuta

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 13:29:1919/09/2002
"Peter Oh" <ohb...@wam.umd.edu> wrote in message news:<Xjdi9.40924$jG2.2...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which vampire would
> maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to a few halfway thought
> out conclusions.

My conclusion is that it will be too hard to both get the eye and use
it well. First, you've got to actually bleed consistently enough that
you start your turn with the Edge in order to get it. Second, you've
got to have a decent sized vampire to make use of it (though POT/CHI
on a weenie will certainly be useful). Third, you've got to have
enough combat strength to use the Eye well (and defend yourself
against the hordes of combat monsters that will try to slay you).

I'm planning on an anti-metagame myself. Moderate bleed with enough
Bruise that I will be able to survive the inevitable combat monsters
that vainly try to capture and make use of the Eye. The Eye is not a
victory condition, just a distraction, IMO.

Jeff

David Cherryholmes

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 13:37:5019/09/2002
On 19 Sep 2002, The Tzimisce Lord wrote:

> AL wrote:
> > How about Cardano?

> How will you have an Eye in your library?

There wasn't anything in the question that limited the answer to the
Storyline tournament, although that's the most immediately relevant
context.

My answer would be Muaziz, MotS it out at +4 stealth. Built in rush at
+1 stealth, can now roll out kewl POT/AUS carnage. Even if you don't
bother with the POT skill, the +1 Strength will come in handy for the
new-and-improved THA hand strikes. All the other Muaziz coolness follows
naturally.

David Cherryholmes
Duke Radiology
P.E.T. Facility
(919) 684-7714
d...@petsparc.mc.duke.edu

David Cherryholmes

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 13:48:5219/09/2002
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, David Cherryholmes wrote:

> My answer would be Muaziz, MotS it out at +4 stealth. Built in rush at
> +1 stealth, can now roll out kewl POT/AUS carnage. Even if you don't
> bother with the POT skill, the +1 Strength will come in handy for the
> new-and-improved THA hand strikes. All the other Muaziz coolness follows
> naturally.

Sorry, another overly-rapid post. I blame it on this thing they keep
calling "work." Anyway, I meant "POT/THA carnage", of course. Adding
Ankara on top of the -1 cost for combat cards is just sick.

BTW, how would that work? Divide by two, round down, subtract
one? Subtract one, divide by two, round down? Anyway, it's all good.

LSJ

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 14:09:4419/09/2002
David Cherryholmes wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, David Cherryholmes wrote:
>
> > My answer would be Muaziz, MotS it out at +4 stealth. Built in rush at
> > +1 stealth, can now roll out kewl POT/AUS carnage. Even if you don't
> > bother with the POT skill, the +1 Strength will come in handy for the
> > new-and-improved THA hand strikes. All the other Muaziz coolness follows
> > naturally.
>
> Sorry, another overly-rapid post. I blame it on this thing they keep
> calling "work." Anyway, I meant "POT/THA carnage", of course. Adding
> Ankara on top of the -1 cost for combat cards is just sick.
>
> BTW, how would that work? Divide by two, round down, subtract
> one? Subtract one, divide by two, round down? Anyway, it's all good.

Ankara Citadel doesn't change the cost of the card. It changes how
much blood the vampire pays in releation to the cost.

So the Eye reduces the cost by one, and then the vampire pays half
the cost.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jozxyqk

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 14:26:2319/09/2002
How about giving the Eye to the Great Beast?
5 strength, 4 bleed, 5 disciplines at superior (POT CHI plus whatever else
suits your fancy), a rush, and a damage prevention.
So what if he's doubly infernal?

Jozxyqk

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 14:29:4119/09/2002

Oh yeah.. *2* built-in rushes. One from himself, one from the Eye.
Freak Drive, Precognizant Mobility, or whatever... he will smash pretty hard.
:)

Xian

non lue,
19 sept. 2002, 17:48:5019/09/2002
"Peter Oh" <ohb...@wam.umd.edu> wrote in message news:<Xjdi9.40924$jG2.2...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> A few of us down in D.C. were thinking last night about which vampire would
> maximize the power of the Eye of Hazimel. We came to a few halfway thought
> out conclusions.
>
> Anyone else that would be good for the Eye?

I think everyone knew that I was going to say this, but...

Cardano

ani aus cel CHI DOM FOR POT THA

with the Eye, and he's still a Prince for those handy Traditions!

Give him Ankara Citadel, and he can play Fists of Death/Blood Fury
(for 7 total)/IG/Skin of Steel, all for free, along with everyone's
favorite Govern/Perfect Clarity/Conditioning/Freak Drive at the cost
of 1 blood. Sensory Dep for 1, Read the Winds for free, etc. He's
like Gabrin, but *better*! (HI DAVE! HI B.J.!)

Heck, he's even got all of the Ravnos disciplines now, for maximum
Eye-ly goodness.

Xian
maybe a serious reply later...

Oebadon

non lue,
20 sept. 2002, 02:49:1520/09/2002
> Give him Ankara Citadel, and he can play Fists of Death/Blood Fury
> (for 7 total)/IG/Skin of Steel, all for free, along with everyone's
> favorite Govern/Perfect Clarity/Conditioning/Freak Drive at the cost
> of 1 blood. Sensory Dep for 1, Read the Winds for free, etc. He's
> like Gabrin, but *better*! (HI DAVE! HI B.J.!)

Blasphemy!

Paying one for Sense. Dep? Simply passé, dahling. Clearly the best
aspect of Cardano with the Eye is his newfound ability to escape
Gabrin's wrath with Illusions of the Kindred. =)

I'd like to say that Gabrin could use the Eye, but, frankly, he's so
good that he doesn't need it. I mean, he already gets into combat
whenever he'd like (Draba, Raven Spy, Ignis Fatuus, Meow), already
wins in absolutely free, no-risk (Illusory) combat, *and* he can tap
you as a +1 stealth D action. Where's your +1 stealth D action tap
Eyed-Cardano!?!?

> maybe a serious reply later...

Ditto. =)

BJ, The Clearly Sleep-Deprived Young Turk of Madison

Emilio

non lue,
20 sept. 2002, 04:24:3820/09/2002
> My conclusion is that it will be too hard to both get the eye and use
> it well. First, you've got to actually bleed consistently enough that
> you start your turn with the Edge in order to get it. Second, you've
> got to have a decent sized vampire to make use of it (though POT/CHI
> on a weenie will certainly be useful). Third, you've got to have
> enough combat strength to use the Eye well (and defend yourself
> against the hordes of combat monsters that will try to slay you).
>
> I'm planning on an anti-metagame myself. Moderate bleed with enough
> Bruise that I will be able to survive the inevitable combat monsters
> that vainly try to capture and make use of the Eye. The Eye is not a
> victory condition, just a distraction, IMO.
>
> Jeff

It's very easy:

Put an Anarch Troublemaker on your life...
...an forget all those Eyes.

BAsa.

Stelios

non lue,
20 sept. 2002, 07:43:5820/09/2002

"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> escribió en el mensaje

Not exactly with body of sun, but with aggro+amaranth with the illusionary
vampire. Those 9 cap PRO ravnos suit well. Also, this guy played with udead
persistence+trap with the illusionary boys. Crypt has quite a few copies of
basilia. Body of sun and Mythic Form should be great implements for such a
nasty deck.

> Halcyan 2

Stelios

Xian

non lue,
20 sept. 2002, 13:17:4620/09/2002
oeb...@hotmail.com (Oebadon) wrote in message news:<1c656b65.02091...@posting.google.com>...
[snip Cardano + Eye = better than Gabrin]

> Blasphemy!
>
> Paying one for Sense. Dep? Simply passé, dahling. Clearly the best
> aspect of Cardano with the Eye is his newfound ability to escape
> Gabrin's wrath with Illusions of the Kindred. =)

Heh. Not like he needs to *escape*.

> I'd like to say that Gabrin could use the Eye, but, frankly, he's so
> good that he doesn't need it. I mean, he already gets into combat

Yeah, it doesn't really give him much that he doesn't already have.
Well, except the +1 strength and the POT.

> you as a +1 stealth D action. Where's your +1 stealth D action tap
> Eyed-Cardano!?!?

Art's Traumatic Essence? :)

Xian

Xian

non lue,
20 sept. 2002, 15:29:2520/09/2002
oeb...@hotmail.com (Oebadon) wrote in message news:<1c656b65.02091...@posting.google.com>...
> Paying one for Sense. Dep? Simply passé, dahling. Clearly the best

Also note that my calculations were incorrect. Cardano would Sense Dep for 0. :)

Xian

Halcyan 2

non lue,
21 sept. 2002, 02:37:3821/09/2002
>Not exactly with body of sun, but with aggro+amaranth with the illusionary
>vampire. Those 9 cap PRO ravnos suit well. Also, this guy played with udead
>persistence+trap with the illusionary boys. Crypt has quite a few copies of
>basilia. Body of sun and Mythic Form should be great implements for such a
>nasty deck.

Well, I remember someone (maybe one of the English guys) had a deck which
relied on creating Illusionary vampires who then burn themselves with Body of
Sun and since you can choose whether they go to the ash heap or are removed
from the game, they can then do nifty things like Redeem the Lost Soul. I
recall someone talking about how they brought it to a tourney but got stomped
because their vampires kept getting sent to torpor (guess they were drawing the
Illusions)...

Halcyan 2

Daz

non lue,
21 sept. 2002, 08:06:4121/09/2002
xb...@qwest.net (Xian) wrote in message news:<dbc1153.02092...@posting.google.com>...

The eye only reduces the cost for combat cards, so with the Ankara
Citadel Cardano would pay 1 blood for Sens Dep :)

Oebadon

non lue,
21 sept. 2002, 13:53:4821/09/2002
> Also note that my calculations were incorrect. Cardano would Sense Dep for 0. :)

I think I'm missing something here... The Citadel would reduce Sense
Dep's cost to 1, but where does the final point of reduction come
from? (Assuming you're not Clan Impersonating to Ravnos with a Path.)
The Eye only reduces the cost of combat cards, no?

Of course, getting the Citadel isn't even a given in the first place,
especially if Gabrin is behind you. <grin>

BJ, Young Turk and Recipient of New Bribes Love

0 nouveau message