Questions

Cy H. Myers

Oct 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/7/98

Hi all,
I'm contemplating decks, and had a few questions:

Can a non-Malkavian vamp use Mask of a Thousand faces to take over
an action taken by a Malk on another players turn when Madness Network is out?
Can you play multiple Aching Beauties on the same Vampire?
If you play a clan-specific card on a vamp which then Impersonates
another clan, the cards stays right?
What if the card mentions the vampire by clan, is it still valid?
i.e. If an Aching Beautied Toreador becomes a Malk, does the Ache still work?
How does Clan impersonation interact with Alexandra's text? Can
she untap other Malks, or can she still untap Toreador (ignoring the word
'another'?)

Finally, has anyone every built a deck around Madness Network? I'm
planning to try a Protean heavy Madness Network/Homunculus deck, and wondered
if anyone had any hints.

Thanks,
Cy Myers

LSJ

Oct 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/7/98
Cy H. Myers wrote:
> Can a non-Malkavian vamp use Mask of a Thousand faces to take over
> an action taken by a Malk on another players turn when Madness Network is out?

No, since the non-Malk is not capable of taking the action (at that
time). [RTR 980628]

> Can you play multiple Aching Beauties on the same Vampire?

Yes.

> If you play a clan-specific card on a vamp which then Impersonates
> another clan, the cards stays right?

Yes.

> What if the card mentions the vampire by clan, is it still valid?
> i.e. If an Aching Beautied Toreador becomes a Malk, does the Ache still work?

No. "This toreador" doesn't find anything to work on if this vampire
is not a toreador.

> How does Clan impersonation interact with Alexandra's text? Can
> she untap other Malks, or can she still untap Toreador (ignoring the word
> 'another'?)

Still toreador.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules: