Enkil Cog question

floppyzedolfin

Jun 2, 2009, 6:34:13 PM6/2/09
Hello,
We pretty much know how the Cog works when you want to use it. There's
like a ton of posts about that on this newsgroup.
This question, however, is about playing the Enkil Cog, and any "You
cannot play another action modifier to increase the bleed amount."

Arika bleeds, plays Conditionning, and isn't blocked. The bleed
resolves successfully with the prey burning pool. Can Arika play Enkil
Cog after resolution ?

On one hand, the card itself would increase Arika's starting bleed, so
it would increase the bleed amount of the action. On the other hand,
the action has resolved, and the Cog was not played to increase the
bleed amount - I guess it's a side-effect.

--

Enkil Cog
Cardtype: Action Modifier

Conditioning
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Dominate
You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
[dom] +2 bleed
[DOM] +3 bleed.

Malone

Jun 2, 2009, 7:09:57 PM6/2/09
On Jun 2, 6:34 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> We pretty much know how the Cog works when you want to use it. There's
> like a ton of posts about that on this newsgroup.
> This question, however, is about playing the Enkil Cog, and any "You
> cannot play another action modifier to increase the bleed amount."
>
> Arika bleeds, plays Conditionning, and isn't blocked. The bleed
> resolves successfully with the prey burning pool. Can Arika play Enkil
> Cog after resolution ?
>
> On one hand, the card itself would increase Arika's starting bleed, so
> it would increase the bleed amount of the action. On the other hand,
> the action has resolved, and the Cog was not played to increase the
> bleed amount - I guess it's a side-effect.

> Enkil Cog

> Cardtype: Action Modifier
> Requires a vampire of capacity 10 or more. Unique.

> Only usable when this vampire successfully bleeds your prey (*PLAY
> AFTER RESOLUTION*). Put this card on this vampire. During any

> Methuselah's minion phase, this vampire may tap this card to attempt
> an action. This vampire has +1 bleed.

The current bleed is already resolved, Enkil Cog cannot increase it.

LSJ

Jun 2, 2009, 7:25:14 PM6/2/09

Correct.