actions/combat Q

26 vues

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 11:22:4014/12/2001
I've read before that there's no way to have a combat
that's not part of an action. Is it still true? (I'm
not sure in what situations it would matter, but suppose
there might be some.)

For example, Blissful Agony says "Strike: combat ends.
Choose a minion controlled by another Methuselah other
than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing
vampire enters combat with that minion."

After the S:CE resolves, is the action over? If so, the
new combat would be outside of an action, yes? (Even if
not, neither minion in the new combat is acting or
blocking.)

Also, Siren's Lure says "Only usable by an untapped ready
vampire other than the acting minion when a minion attempts
to block. That minion cannot block this action. Tap this
vampire and that minion. Once the action resolves, this
vampire enters combat with that minion."

"Once the action resolves" sounds to me very much like the
action is over when the combat occurs. True, or not? If
not, why not?

Thanks,

Josh

can't remember why this matters but pretty sure it does

LSJ

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 11:42:5214/12/2001
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> I've read before that there's no way to have a combat
> that's not part of an action. Is it still true? (I'm
> not sure in what situations it would matter, but suppose
> there might be some.)

Yes.

> For example, Blissful Agony says "Strike: combat ends.
> Choose a minion controlled by another Methuselah other
> than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing
> vampire enters combat with that minion."
>
> After the S:CE resolves, is the action over? If so, the
> new combat would be outside of an action, yes? (Even if
> not, neither minion in the new combat is acting or
> blocking.)

No.
The opposing minion is still the acting/blocking minion if
he was before. The new minion is neither.

> Also, Siren's Lure says "Only usable by an untapped ready
> vampire other than the acting minion when a minion attempts
> to block. That minion cannot block this action. Tap this
> vampire and that minion. Once the action resolves, this
> vampire enters combat with that minion."
>
> "Once the action resolves" sounds to me very much like the
> action is over when the combat occurs. True, or not? If
> not, why not?

Not.
Resolution of the action's effects is not the end.
See Freak Drive.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 13:33:2014/12/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Joshua Duffin wrote:
> >
> > I've read before that there's no way to have a combat
> > that's not part of an action. Is it still true? (I'm
> > not sure in what situations it would matter, but suppose
> > there might be some.)
>
> Yes.
>
> > For example, Blissful Agony says "Strike: combat ends.
> > Choose a minion controlled by another Methuselah other
> > than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing
> > vampire enters combat with that minion."
> >
> > After the S:CE resolves, is the action over? If so, the
> > new combat would be outside of an action, yes? (Even if
> > not, neither minion in the new combat is acting or
> > blocking.)
>
> No.
> The opposing minion is still the acting/blocking minion if
> he was before. The new minion is neither.

So what happens when 2 different superior sword playing players get into it.
My big sword blissfuls your acting vampire into combat with one of my other
vampires, and in response your acting vampire with big sword sends my
non-acting/blocking vampire into combat with a totally different vampire.
Now there are 2 vampires, neither of whom are acting or blocking?
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

LSJ

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 13:36:3014/12/2001
The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:
> So what happens when 2 different superior sword playing players get into it.
> My big sword blissfuls your acting vampire into combat with one of my other
> vampires, and in response your acting vampire with big sword sends my
> non-acting/blocking vampire into combat with a totally different vampire.
> Now there are 2 vampires, neither of whom are acting or blocking?

Right.
For declaring strikes, etc., the order is as per 1.6.1.6

Henrik

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 20:50:5514/12/2001

LSJ skrev i meddelandet <3C1A46AE...@white-wolf.com>...

>The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:
>> So what happens when 2 different superior sword playing players get into
it.
>> My big sword blissfuls your acting vampire into combat with one of my
other
>> vampires, and in response your acting vampire with big sword sends my
>> non-acting/blocking vampire into combat with a totally different vampire.
>> Now there are 2 vampires, neither of whom are acting or blocking?
>
>Right.
>For declaring strikes, etc., the order is as per 1.6.1.6

Ok, and what happens if both minions strike blissful in the same combat?
Does the acting minions blissful cause the blocking minions blissful to
fizzle, do the combats take place after each others, or at the same time? (I
see a splitscenario here where the whole table soon is involved in several
combats per minion! :) )

/Henrik

LSJ

non lue,
14 déc. 2001, 21:23:4014/12/2001

Good question.
The strikes resolve simultaneously. The acting methuselah can then order the
two pending "after combat" effects - with the one chosen to be first canceling
the other.

0 nouveau message