[Q] Rewind Time & Special Report

DJ.Mik

Oct 11, 2002, 12:54:37 PM10/11/02
I was just considering a deck idea with Synesios and just wanted to
make sure that the timing was as I suspected (in which case I'll drop
the idea !)

Synesios is tapped and I play Spec. Rep. to make him untap and react.

Special Report [CE]
Cardtype: Master

Master: out-of-turn
Choose a ready vampire you control. That vampire untaps and attempts
to block. Once this action you may burn 1 pool to give that vampire +1
intercept.

But, since the card text says "attempts to block" it is not possible
for Synesios to "Rewind" the action card used as he's blocking and has
accepted the action. Ergo, it's too late to play Rewind Time. Is this
correct ?

Rewind Time [BL]
Cardtype: Reaction

Cost: 2 blood

Discipline: Temporis/Presence

[pre] Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[tem] Burn an action card as it is played. That card has no effect
(the acting minion is not tapped).
[TEM] Burn a non-out-of-turn master card as it is played during any
other Methuselah's master phase (usable by a ready, untapped vampire
even though there is no action). That master card has no effect. The
Methuselah who played it retrieves the pool cost of that card from the
blood bank and gains another master phase action.

Thanx

Dj Mikkel

Jozxyqk

Oct 11, 2002, 12:57:35 PM10/11/02
DJ.Mik <djmi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was just considering a deck idea with Synesios and just wanted to
> make sure that the timing was as I suspected (in which case I'll drop
> the idea !)

> Synesios is tapped and I play Spec. Rep. to make him untap and react.

> Special Report [CE]
> Cardtype: Master
>
> Master: out-of-turn
> Choose a ready vampire you control. That vampire untaps and attempts
> to block. Once this action you may burn 1 pool to give that vampire +1
> intercept.

> But, since the card text says "attempts to block" it is not possible
> for Synesios to "Rewind" the action card used as he's blocking and has
> accepted the action. Ergo, it's too late to play Rewind Time. Is this
> correct ?

[IANLSJ]:
You untap and attempt to block.
If you succeed, then you have to block.
If the action is at stealth, though, you are not forced to generate
intercept.
If you fail to block, you're still untapped, and therefore you can use
whatever reactions you want to.

LSJ

Oct 11, 2002, 1:32:27 PM10/11/02

Right.

Except for the ones whose time has passed, like Rewind Time.
You can't play Rewind Time to cancel the action card after playing
Special Report.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

James Coupe

Oct 11, 2002, 1:33:52 PM10/11/02
In message <3qDp9.2950$gr6.2627@rwcrnsc53>, Jozxyqk

<jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> writes:
>[IANLSJ]:
>You untap and attempt to block.

Correct.

>If you succeed, then you have to block.
>If the action is at stealth, though, you are not forced to generate
>intercept.

Also correct.

>If you fail to block, you're still untapped, and therefore you can use
>whatever reactions you want to.

True, if timing allows for it. But not Rewind Time, inferior Tem,
because it is played "as the action is announced".

The point at which you are untapping/attempting to block is well after
that phase.

--
James Coupe
PGP 0x5D623D5D Don't just clap. What's the use of that?

arden mcbathan

Oct 14, 2002, 6:37:50 AM10/14/02
lsj wrote:
> Except for the ones whose time has passed, like Rewind Time.
> You can't play Rewind Time to cancel the action card after playing
> Special Report.

can you use special report to be able to rewind master phase
actions(or oot masters)?

well, i guess no, since this game doesn't have interrupt effects...
but, in any case(because of the following conditional would), the
block would fail, eh?

James Coupe

Oct 14, 2002, 7:17:55 AM10/14/02
In message <aae0be1a.0210...@posting.google.com>, arden

mcbathan <sonnenk...@aol.com> writes:
>can you use special report to be able to rewind master phase
>actions(or oot masters)?

Assuming you mean Rewind Time - as Special Report has nothing to do with
rewinding master phase actions at all - no.

Card text is particularly explicit about out of turn master cards, and a
master phase action (e.g. sucking a pool of Short Term Investment) is
not a master phase card.