When do you play Rotshreck - ruling, LSJ?

legb...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
Since i am going to start playing this new deck of mine i really need to be
clear about the timing of Rotshreck.

I believe that Rotshreck must be played immediately after a minion announces a
strike that would do aggravated damage. Am I right about this? Or can i wait,
for example until I see the opposing minion's strike, or even until the damage
prevention stage?

LSJ

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
legb...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Since i am going to start playing this new deck of mine i really need to be
> clear about the timing of Rotshreck.
>
> I believe that Rotshreck must be played immediately after a minion announces a
> strike that would do aggravated damage. Am I right about this? Or can i wait,
> for example until I see the opposing minion's strike

If the agg damage is coming from a strike, Rotschreck can be played any
time during the "announce strike" phase in which that strike is announced,
yes.

Mostly this has no effect, since the acting minion declares first and
Rotschreck cannot be played on your own turn. But for MadNet actions,
Primal Instincts, and Rapid Thought could make this question more
interesting, of course (as can 3rd-party intervention).

>, or even until the damage
> prevention stage?

No. Rotschreck is played when the attempt is made to use
agg damage - not when the agg damage is resolved.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

Colin Gunning

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
As soon as the strike stated is announced as aggrivated the card is played.