LSJ: Agent of Power and Dual Form

XZealot

Oct 5, 2007, 5:35:46 PM10/5/07
Dual Form
Type(s): Action

Discipline(s): Protean

Blood Cost: 2

+1 stealth action

Untap this vampire. During this minion phase, you may untap this
vampire again.

This acting vampire's capacity is reduced by 1. Put this card in play,
tapped. It becomes a non-unique vampire with the same clan, capacity
and disciplines as the acting vampire. You may move up to 2 blood from
the acting vampire to this vampire. If either minion leaves the ready
region, the other is burned.

Agent of Power

Card Text:

Master: Discipline. Trifle. Unique.

Put this card on a vampire you control and choose a Discipline. This
vampire gains 1 level of that Discipline. Burn this card during your
discard phase.

If I play an Agent of Power on a vampire and then make a Dual Form at
superior, then when the Agent of Power burns at the end of the turn
then the Dual Form gets to keep its "agented" discipline. Correct?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

Oct 5, 2007, 5:45:58 PM10/5/07
XZealot wrote:
> If I play an Agent of Power on a vampire and then make a Dual Form at
> superior, then when the Agent of Power burns at the end of the turn
> then the Dual Form gets to keep its "agented" discipline. Correct?

Card text says yes.

Jozxyqk

Oct 5, 2007, 8:04:15 PM10/5/07
XZealot <xze...@cox.net> wrote:
> If I play an Agent of Power on a vampire and then make a Dual Form at
> superior, then when the Agent of Power burns at the end of the turn
> then the Dual Form gets to keep its "agented" discipline. Correct?

Try Agent of Power on Ian Forestal (which grants him temporary superior
anything) and Sanguine Instruction!

Salem

Oct 5, 2007, 9:28:07 PM10/5/07

Maybe not 'temporary'. Ian's text looks like it might allow him to
permanently have the discipline at superior.

It's hard for me to say, though. LSJ?

Ian Forestal
Clan: Tremere antitribu (group 2)
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: AUS DOM THA
Sabbat: Ian may play cards that require a Discipline as though he has
the basic level of that Discipline. Each Master: Discipline card placed
on him gives him the superior level of that Discipline.

Agent of Power
Type: Master

Master: Discipline. Trifle. Unique.
Put this card on a vampire you control and choose a Discipline. This
vampire gains 1 level of that Discipline. Burn this card during your
discard phase.

Also, I am not sure how Bima's text allows it to keep the discipline
permanently. It says 'that discipline'. After the discipline card is
burned, there is no 'that discipline'.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

LSJ

Oct 6, 2007, 8:18:14 AM10/6/07
Salem wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> XZealot <xze...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> If I play an Agent of Power on a vampire and then make a Dual Form at
>>> superior, then when the Agent of Power burns at the end of the turn
>>> then the Dual Form gets to keep its "agented" discipline. Correct?
>>
>> Try Agent of Power on Ian Forestal (which grants him temporary
>> superior anything) and Sanguine Instruction!
>>

> Maybe not 'temporary'. Ian's text looks like it might allow him to
> permanently have the discipline at superior.
>
> It's hard for me to say, though. LSJ?

Temporary.

> Also, I am not sure how Bima's text allows it to keep the discipline
> permanently. It says 'that discipline'. After the discipline card is
> burned, there is no 'that discipline'.

There is "that Discipline" that was moved.