Q: Veil of Darkness

Cantila

Oct 14, 2008, 11:08:19 AM10/14/08
My question concerns Walk of Caine. When you play WoC you choose
targets and burn X blood, and after that you check if the card has
effect, yes? So if Veil of Darkness cancels it, I assume you do not
get your blood back because it was not a cost?

LSJ

Oct 14, 2008, 11:19:38 AM10/14/08
Cantila wrote:
> My question concerns Walk of Caine. When you play WoC you choose
> targets and burn X blood, and after that you check if the card has
> effect, yes?

No. Part of the effect of the card is to choose X BB and another part of the
effect is that each of the chosen BB must burn a blood.

When you play WoC, you declare X, and you declare the X BB you are choosing
(along with declaring the rest of the effect of the card: that the BB will burn
blood, that the acting BB will get +x bleed).

> So if Veil of Darkness cancels it, I assume you do not
> get your blood back because it was not a cost?

If the card is canceled, then the effect is not applied.
The X BB are not chosen and they do not burn any blood.