Couple of questions

1 vue

Bern

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 16:13:0030/12/2001
Today we played Set's Call here in Falkenberg and we were 20 players. More
info about this will be posted later. Congrats to Hans Nemeczec though who
won the tournament with his Malk S&B.

Questions:
1# Do you play Disarm before or after press step? It says end of round.

2# If you play Heart of Darkness and then Daring the Dawn to get it through.
Can you use HoD to change agg from DtD?

3# Is the controller of Smiling Jack forced to put counters on it every
turn, or is it optional?

4# If you play Set's Call on a War Ghoul, who has to burn a retainer or ally
to bring it into play?

LSJ

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 17:24:1330/12/2001
Bern wrote:
> 1# Do you play Disarm before or after press step? It says end of round.

If you make it to the press step, play it after.
Play it before if the round is ending before then.

> 2# If you play Heart of Darkness and then Daring the Dawn to get it through.
> Can you use HoD to change agg from DtD?

Yes.

> 3# Is the controller of Smiling Jack forced to put counters on it every
> turn, or is it optional?

Forced.

> 4# If you play Set's Call on a War Ghoul, who has to burn a retainer or ally
> to bring it into play?

The acting minion's controller (who will likely choose the War Ghoul herself
to avoid having her fall into your hands).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Derek Ray

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 17:30:2430/12/2001
In message <wrLX7.260$n4.8...@newsc.telia.net>,
"Bern" <Morni...@mailcity.com> mumbled something about:

>Questions:
>1# Do you play Disarm before or after press step? It says end of round.

Disarm is played after all strikes have been resolved and any damage
prevented, but before the press step.

The press step happens as the last event in a round, to decide if there
is another round or not.

>2# If you play Heart of Darkness and then Daring the Dawn to get it through.
>Can you use HoD to change agg from DtD?

Yes. DtD's damage happens after the action (card text). Since the
action was completed successfully, the aggravated damage is then changed
to normal damage per card text on Heart of Darkness.

>3# Is the controller of Smiling Jack forced to put counters on it every
>turn, or is it optional?

Card text: "Unique Master. During your untap phase, move 1 blood from
your pool to Jack."

It is not optional. You must move a pool to Jack every turn.

>4# If you play Set's Call on a War Ghoul, who has to burn a retainer or ally
>to bring it into play?

Card text: "Only usable when this vampire successfully blocks an employ
retainer action (play before combat). The action is successful (and the
cost is paid), but this reacting vampire takes control of the retainer.
Combat does not occur." (Superior SER is the same, but for allies.)

The Methuselah taking the recruit action must pay all the costs of a
successful action -- the only thing that is changed by card text is who
takes control of the retainer at the conclusion of the action. So
whoever tried to recruit a War Ghoul would still have to burn another
retainer or ally.

--
"Now remember, class; rape BEFORE you pillage."

Bern

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 18:38:0230/12/2001

Armor of Terra on inferior Visceratika, does it require an acting slave
gargoyle or just a Gargoyle? It says above, but since it doesn't mention
anything about slaves in the following text it could be interpreted as the
slave requirement no longer is needed.

Roger

Halcyan 2

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 18:58:4030/12/2001

Correct. Inferior Visceratika does not require the acting minion to be a slave
(though he must still be a Gargoyle to satisfy card text).

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 20:40:4530/12/2001

Correct, by explicit card text. ("but" the list of available targets is changed,
by card text, from "a slave Gargoyle you control" to "this acting Gargoyle").
There is no "slave Gargoyle" requirement on the card - it's just that the
fallback Discipline effect can only be played on a slave Gargoyle.

James Coupe

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 21:54:1530/12/2001
In message <lm4v2uksjmmpa8gn6...@4ax.com>, Derek Ray

<lor...@yahoo.com> writes:
>>Questions:
>>1# Do you play Disarm before or after press step? It says end of round.
>
>Disarm is played after all strikes have been resolved and any damage
>prevented, but before the press step.
>
>The press step happens as the last event in a round, to decide if there
>is another round or not.

This is very much not true.

--
James Coupe "I think Christmas has lost it's meaning...
PGP 0x5D623D5D we're all too busy wrapped up in the commercial aspects

Sorrow

non lue,
31 déc. 2001, 09:19:4231/12/2001
> >>1# Do you play Disarm before or after press step? It says end of round.
> >Disarm is played after all strikes have been resolved and any damage
> >prevented, but before the press step.
> >The press step happens as the last event in a round, to decide if there
> >is another round or not.
> This is very much not true.

Care to elaborate a little bit? Which is not true and why?

Sorrow
---
"Are they dead?" - Pugsly
"Does it matter?" - Wednesday

James Coupe

non lue,
31 déc. 2001, 09:56:2131/12/2001
In message <u30t9nc...@corp.supernews.com>, Sorrow <cbo...@apdi.net>
writes:

>> >Disarm is played after all strikes have been resolved and any damage
>> >prevented, but before the press step.
>> >The press step happens as the last event in a round, to decide if there
>> >is another round or not.
>> This is very much not true.
>
>Care to elaborate a little bit? Which is not true and why?

The press step isn't automatically the very last thing in the round -
it's just a step like any other. Nor is it necessary to play it after
all strikes have resolved - for instance, two vampires playing
additional strikes with Blur (For instance). On the first additional
strike, one of the vampires plays Majesty. Either of the vampires can
play Disarm, even though the other strike will not resolve, if they meet
the requirements.

LSJ's post covers this one quite briefly but more than adequately.

0 nouveau message