Emissary Q's.

Anthony Barker

Jun 1, 2003, 7:23:23 PM6/1/03
Just a couple of questions about Emissary.

Firstly, does the responding Camarilla have to tap as the card is
played, or can they tap any time during the political action?

Secondly, does tapping the Camarilla vampire just cancel the votes
from the Emissary or does it cancel all votes that the Anarch has
(e.g., inherent votes, Madrigal, etc)?

Cheers,

Anthony.

Emissary [Anarchs:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier

Requires a ready baron. Only usable during a referendum before votes
are cast.
Choose a ready untapped anarch you control. Tap the chosen anarch.
That anarch gains 3 votes. Any Camarilla vampire older than that
anarch can tap to cancel that anarch's votes.

reyda

Jun 1, 2003, 9:18:54 PM6/1/03
Anthony Barker wrote:
> Just a couple of questions about Emissary.
>
> Firstly, does the responding Camarilla have to tap as the card is
> played, or can they tap any time during the political action?

by card text : at any time. nothing explicits he must tap right away.

> Secondly, does tapping the Camarilla vampire just cancel the votes
> from the Emissary or does it cancel all votes that the Anarch has
> (e.g., inherent votes, Madrigal, etc)?

yes, by card text. "tap to cancel that anarch's votes" means all the votes
this anarch may have.

salem

Jun 1, 2003, 10:25:09 PM6/1/03
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 03:18:54 +0200, "reyda" <true_...@hotmail.com>
scrawled:

>Anthony Barker wrote:
>> Just a couple of questions about Emissary.
>>
>> Firstly, does the responding Camarilla have to tap as the card is
>> played, or can they tap any time during the political action?
>
>by card text : at any time. nothing explicits he must tap right away.

although, later in the referendum, there is no emissiary card around
to tell you that the camarilla vampire can tap to cancel the votes.
i am presuming it has to happen right away, like Mob Rule and Business
Pressure must be resolved before you move on to other effects. They
don't give you any lingering ability, and neither would Emissiary.

Contrast with Rant, which has explicit "During this referendum..."
text to give anarchs a lingering ability.

Note also that Emissiary has a 'tap to do X' wording, which means the
camarilla vampire needs to actually be untapped and then tap to cancel
the votes, which is cool. :)

>> Secondly, does tapping the Camarilla vampire just cancel the votes
>> from the Emissary or does it cancel all votes that the Anarch has
>> (e.g., inherent votes, Madrigal, etc)?
>
>yes, by card text. "tap to cancel that anarch's votes" means all the votes
>this anarch may have.

agreed.

>> Emissary [Anarchs:C]
>> Cardtype: Action Modifier
>>
>> Requires a ready baron. Only usable during a referendum before votes
>> are cast.
>> Choose a ready untapped anarch you control. Tap the chosen anarch.
>> That anarch gains 3 votes. Any Camarilla vampire older than that
>> anarch can tap to cancel that anarch's votes.

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

LSJ

Jun 2, 2003, 5:36:57 AM6/2/03
salem wrote:
> scrawled:
>>Anthony Barker wrote:
>>>Just a couple of questions about Emissary.
>>>
>>>Firstly, does the responding Camarilla have to tap as the card is
>>>played, or can they tap any time during the political action?
>>by card text : at any time. nothing explicits he must tap right away.
> although, later in the referendum, there is no emissiary card around
> to tell you that the camarilla vampire can tap to cancel the votes.
> i am presuming it has to happen right away, like Mob Rule and Business
> Pressure must be resolved before you move on to other effects. They
> don't give you any lingering ability, and neither would Emissiary.

Correct.

>>>Secondly, does tapping the Camarilla vampire just cancel the votes
>>>from the Emissary or does it cancel all votes that the Anarch has
>>>(e.g., inherent votes, Madrigal, etc)?
>>yes, by card text. "tap to cancel that anarch's votes" means all the votes
>>this anarch may have.
> agreed.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

CurtAdams

Jun 2, 2003, 3:47:51 PM6/2/03
salem_ch...@yahoo.com writes:

>Note also that Emissiary has a 'tap to do X'
>wording, which means the
>camarilla vampire needs to actually be
>untapped and then tap to cancel
>the votes, which is cool. :)

Yes, finally some value to Disarming Presence.
Not a lot, but some.

Curt Adams (curt...@aol.com)
"It is better to be wrong than to be vague" - Freeman Dyson

Jon Stahler

Jun 2, 2003, 4:01:12 PM6/2/03

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> salem wrote:
> > scrawled:

> >>by card text : at any time. nothing explicits he must tap right away.
> > although, later in the referendum, there is no emissiary card around
> > to tell you that the camarilla vampire can tap to cancel the votes.
> > i am presuming it has to happen right away, like Mob Rule and Business
> > Pressure must be resolved before you move on to other effects. They
> > don't give you any lingering ability, and neither would Emissiary.
>
> Correct.

Wait a second. So if I play Mob Rule, I have to determine how much blood I
burn at that point and can't wait to burn blood myself in order to respond
to other cards that are played later? I guess it doesn't say "during this
referendum..." but I thought the effect lasted the duration of the voting
process. Odd...thought I must admit that I don't know that it will come up.

As a side note, let's say I burn 2 blood from a Mob Rule to gain 4 votes
with a vamp who's capacity is 8 or above...another vampire burns 3 blood to
make the vote fail. Can I then burn another blood? Or is it too late at
that point? Please clarify, as I am using this card in my Follows of Set
anarch deck. Thanks!

LSJ

Jun 2, 2003, 4:06:14 PM6/2/03
Jon Stahler wrote:
> As a side note, let's say I burn 2 blood from a Mob Rule to gain 4 votes
> with a vamp who's capacity is 8 or above...another vampire burns 3 blood to
> make the vote fail. Can I then burn another blood? Or is it too late at
> that point? Please clarify, as I am using this card in my Follows of Set
> anarch deck. Thanks!

Yes. As with Business Pressure, there is no set order to the burning.
There can be some "give and take", to use the phrasing of the prior
ruling. [RTR 31-MAY-1996]

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4onvr1%2484g%40darkstar.UCSC.EDU

salem

Jun 2, 2003, 6:37:05 PM6/2/03
On 02 Jun 2003 19:47:51 GMT, curt...@aol.com (CurtAdams) scrawled:

>salem_ch...@yahoo.com writes:
>
>>Note also that Emissiary has a 'tap to do X'
>>wording, which means the
>>camarilla vampire needs to actually be
>>untapped and then tap to cancel
>>the votes, which is cool. :)
>
>Yes, finally some value to Disarming Presence.
>Not a lot, but some.

not really.
emissiary is before votes are cast. disarming presence won't tap you
until you cast your votes. so you'd tap to cancel the emissary's
votes, and then cast your votes (tapped vampires can tap redundantly
under disarming presence).

however, on subsequent votes you call......it get's better i guess.
disarming on the first vote, let it fail or whatever, tapping people
in the process, play emissary on the next vote....hmmm..