LSJ-2 Questions

1 vue

Brian Reed

non lue,
23 janv. 2002, 17:31:3423/01/2002
If a vampire with a Regent card on her becomes a cardinal through Cardinal
Benediction, is the Regent card burned?

Can you cycle Eagle's Sight at superior even if you were already able to
block?
Ex:
Meth Goofball has 1 untapped minion with superior Auspex.
Meth Stinky (Goofball's prey) attempts to hunt with Lambach.
Goofball: "Hmm....Lambach is mean, but I'll play Eagle's Sight superior to
regain the ability to block, but I will fail to block since I don't generate
intercept."

Thanks,
-Brian

Name: Regent
[SW]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Unique master.
Put this card on a Sabbat vampire you control with a capacity above 7. This
vampire has the title of cardinal and has one additional vote as well. Burn
this card if this vampire receives another title. Any Sabbat vampire with a
different controller can enter combat with this vampire as a (D) action. If
a Sabbat vampire diablerizes this vampire, move this card to the diablerist
(before the blood hunt is called).

Name: Eagle's Sight
[Jyhad, V:TES]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
[aus] This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept.
[AUS] This reacting vampire may attempt to block any action of any minion.

LSJ

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 07:37:3624/01/2002
Brian Reed wrote:

> If a vampire with a Regent card on her becomes a cardinal through Cardinal
> Benediction, is the Regent card burned?

Yes.

> Can you cycle Eagle's Sight at superior even if you were already able to
> block?

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Chris Berger

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 12:27:0124/01/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Brian Reed wrote:
> >
> > If a vampire with a Regent card on her becomes a cardinal through
Cardinal
> > Benediction, is the Regent card burned?
>
> Yes.

"Cardinal" is a different title from "Cardinal"???

Derek Ray

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 12:48:3024/01/2002
In message <FtX38.800$PQ5....@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>,
"Chris Berger" <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> mumbled something about:

Besides the "a vampire may only have one title", we can also point out
that you can't call a Cardinal Benediction on the same vampire twice and
give him 6 votes.

--
"There's no gray. There's just white that's got grubby." -- T.P.

Chris Berger

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 14:17:1024/01/2002

"Derek Ray" <lor...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In message <FtX38.800$PQ5....@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>,
> "Chris Berger" <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> mumbled something about:
>
> >"Cardinal" is a different title from "Cardinal"???
>
> Besides the "a vampire may only have one title", we can also point out
> that you can't call a Cardinal Benediction on the same vampire twice and
> give him 6 votes.

A Cardinal becoming a Cardinal is not gaining "another title". For
precedent, I'd also like to point out that a vampire Clan Impersonating to
his own clan is not "changing clans" and thus doesn't change sects. You can
certainly call Cardinal Benediction on the same vampire twice. He doesn't
gain 6 votes, but he also doesn't lose his Cardinal title at any point in
there.

LSJ

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 17:08:2824/01/2002

No. However, card text doesn't require "a different", merely "another", title.
If he receives another title, even another Cardinal title, Regent is lost (card
text).

LSJ

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 17:12:4624/01/2002

You are mistaken. He loses his former Cardinal title when he gains his new one.
[TOM 23-APR-1996]

Derek Ray

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 17:19:5624/01/2002
In message <W4Z38.101$sw6...@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>,
"Chris Berger" <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> mumbled something about:

>"Derek Ray" <lor...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Besides the "a vampire may only have one title", we can also point out
>> that you can't call a Cardinal Benediction on the same vampire twice and
>> give him 6 votes.
>>
>A Cardinal becoming a Cardinal is not gaining "another title". For
>precedent, I'd also like to point out that a vampire Clan Impersonating to
>his own clan is not "changing clans" and thus doesn't change sects. You can
>certainly call Cardinal Benediction on the same vampire twice. He doesn't
>gain 6 votes, but he also doesn't lose his Cardinal title at any point in
>there.

He loses his initial Cardinal title at the point when the second
Cardinal referendum passes, much like he would lose an Archbishopric if
he currently possessed one of those.

He MUST lose one Cardinal title, or he'd have 6 votes.

Chris Berger

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 17:32:2624/01/2002

> Chris Berger wrote:
> >
> > A Cardinal becoming a Cardinal is not gaining "another title". For
> > precedent, I'd also like to point out that a vampire Clan Impersonating
> > his own clan is not "changing clans" and thus doesn't change sects. You
can
> > certainly call Cardinal Benediction on the same vampire twice. He
doesn't
> > gain 6 votes, but he also doesn't lose his Cardinal title at any point
in
> > there.
>
> You are mistaken. He loses his former Cardinal title when he gains his new
one.
> [TOM 23-APR-1996]

Let's see... [TOM 19960423] - the only ruling for that date is "The
Treatment does nothing to the target Prince if the Prince is in Torpor with
no blood." Ah yes, I see how that applies.

LSJ

non lue,
24 janv. 2002, 17:39:1124/01/2002

OK. For those in the back:

From: aa...@cats.ucsc.edu (Thomas R Wylie)
Subject: Re: Praxis
Date: 1996/04/23
references: <Pine.A32.3.91.960418...@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu> <ewwa-19049...@porta12.chattanooga.net>
organization: University of California, Santa Cruz
newsgroups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad

J. Andrew Lipscomb <ew...@chattanooga.net> wrote:
>It couldn't increase again that way; London is not a bonus city for the
>Ventrue (oddly, Geneva is, although its natural prince is a Gangrel). I
>had wondered about that in a slightly different context--namely, what
>would happen if Costanza Vinti (Brujah, prince of Rome) won a PS: Rome (a
>bonus city for the Brujah, but she already held the title).

Technically, if the PS passes for Constanza, then she loses her old title
and gains the new one. The fact that the city happens to be the same
isn't important. Thus, she gets the +1 capacity for having the PS: Rome title.

Tom Wylie rec.games.trading-cards.* Network Representative for
aa...@cats.ucsc.edu Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

0 nouveau message