LSJ- Inceptor and Sanguine Instruction

XZealot

Jan 18, 2010, 11:45:15 AM1/18/10
If I chose Sanguine Instruction when I played Inceptor, then would I
be able to instruct vampires of the same clan with any discipline as
though they had the Discipline required at superior?

Inceptor
Type: Master
Unique master.
Put this card on a vampire of capacity 1, and put three cards from
your hand, ash heap or library on this card, face up but out of play.
This vampire may play other copies of these cards as if he or she had
the Discipline required (if any) at superior.

Sanguine Instruction
Type: Action
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready vampire.
Choose a Discipline this vampire has at superior. Put this card on a
ready vampire of the same clan as this acting vampire. The vampire
with this card gains one level of the chosen Discipline. The vampire's
capacity increases by 1: the vampire is one generation older. Cannot
be placed on a vampire with the superior version of the Discipline.

BeAst

Jan 18, 2010, 12:00:18 PM1/18/10

IANLSJ, but I don't think so.
Inceptor gives you the ability to play cards as if they had required
discipline at sup. Sanguine instruction requires no discipline.
Even if you put another card with a discipline requirement on the 1
cap, he doesn't *have* the discipline, just the ability to play that
one *particular* card as if he did. He can't, therefore, instruct
through Sanguine.

LSJ

Jan 18, 2010, 1:49:29 PM1/18/10
On Jan 18, 12:00 pm, BeAst <tbz_be...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 4:45 pm, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
>

> > If I chose Sanguine Instruction when I played Inceptor, then would I
> > be able to instruct vampires of the same clan with any discipline as
> > though they had the Discipline required at superior?
>
> > Inceptor
> > Type: Master
> > Unique master.
> > Put this card on a vampire of capacity 1, and put three cards from
> > your hand, ash heap or library on this card, face up but out of play.
> > This vampire may play other copies of these cards as if he or she had
> > the Discipline required (if any) at superior.
>
> > Sanguine Instruction
> > Type: Action
> > +1 stealth action. Requires a ready vampire.
> > Choose a Discipline this vampire has at superior. Put this card on a
> > ready vampire of the same clan as this acting vampire. The vampire
> > with this card gains one level of the chosen Discipline. The vampire's
> > capacity increases by 1: the vampire is one generation older. Cannot
> > be placed on a vampire with the superior version of the Discipline.
>
> IANLSJ, but I don't think so.
> Inceptor gives you the ability to play cards as if they had required
> discipline at sup. Sanguine instruction requires no discipline.

Precisely. Sanguine Instruction has no Discipline requirement, so
Inceptor doesn't fake any Disciplines in allowing the vampire to play
it.

> Even if you put another card with a discipline requirement on the 1
> cap, he doesn't *have* the discipline, just the ability to play that
> one *particular* card as if he did. He can't, therefore, instruct
> through Sanguine.

Correct.

Baaliprimogen

Jan 18, 2010, 2:00:30 PM1/18/10

But can you put other cards that require something? Like a clan/imbued/
creed card? I don't think so, but if i'm wrong, this card will be my
favoritt card ever!

wumpus

Jan 18, 2010, 3:38:35 PM1/18/10
Howdy,

> But can you put other cards that require something? Like a clan/imbued/

> creed card? I don't think so, but if i'm wrong, this card will be my
> favoritt card ever!

By card text, you can put whatever cards you want (from your hand, ash
heap or library) on the Inceptor. But it can only play new copies as
if it had required disciplines, not clans, sects, etc.

Alex