LSJ Absimiliard's Army + Tension in the Ranks

tigernat1

Sep 18, 2009, 4:46:31 PM9/18/09
Absimiliards has the following text:
If the ally is burned, it is removed from the game.

But it doesn't use the word 'instead'.

Question is, when an Abs Army ghoul ally loses its last life, does
Tension kick in?

When Abs leaves play due to a Meth being ousted...I assume Tension
does NOT kick in because the allies are simply removed from the game
and not burned.

Vegas gNat

Juggernaut1981

Sep 19, 2009, 5:08:33 AM9/19/09

From Tensions: "Whenever a ready minion **is burned** or sent to
torpor, his or her controller burns 1 pool.
From Absimiliard's: "If the ally **is burned**, it is removed from the
game."
From Absimiliard's: "Remove all such allies from the game when this
card leaves play."

If at any point, the Nameless Absimiliard Ghouls are burned (e.g. from
damage), they will trigger both Tensions and Absimiliard's "remove
from play" text. When Absimiliard's Army burns, you remove them from
play which does not "burn" them (AFAIK but IANLSJ) and therefore never
triggers Tensions.

Absimiliard's Army
Type: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a Methuselah is ousted.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. During each
Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may put the top card of his or her
library in play. That card represents a nameless, textless ghoul ally
with 2 life, 2 strength and 1 bleed. If the ally is burned, it is
removed from the game. When a Methuselah is ousted, burn this card.
Remove all such allies from the game when this card leaves play.

Tension in the Ranks
Type: Master
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Whenever a ready minion is burned or sent to
torpor, his or her controller burns 1 pool. Any Methuselah can burn
this card by discarding two master cards as a master phase action.

LSJ

Sep 19, 2009, 6:08:45 PM9/19/09
tigernat1 wrote:
> Absimiliards has the following text:
> If the ally is burned, it is removed from the game.
>
> But it doesn't use the word 'instead'.
>
> Question is, when an Abs Army ghoul ally loses its last life, does
> Tension kick in?

Yes.

> When Abs leaves play due to a Meth being ousted...I assume Tension
> does NOT kick in because the allies are simply removed from the game
> and not burned.

Correct.