LSJ- Mary Johnson

XZealot

Mar 20, 2008, 10:57:11 PM3/20/08
Mary Johnson
Any older vampire with Presence [pre] can steal Mary for his or her
controller as a (D) action.

Card text indicates inferior presence is require to steal Mary
Johnson, does this exclude vampires with Superior Presence from
stealing her, or does Superior Presence also enable the theft of Mary
Johnson?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Teeka

Mar 21, 2008, 4:53:03 AM3/21/08
On 21 mrt, 03:57, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> Mary Johnson
> Any older vampire with Presence [pre] can steal Mary for his or her
> controller as a (D) action.
>
> Card text indicates inferior presence is require to steal Mary
> Johnson,

No it doesn't, it literally just says "presence" (as you yourself
quoted). The symbol is reminder text.

does this exclude vampires with Superior Presence from
> stealing her, or does Superior Presence also enable the theft of Mary
> Johnson?

Even if card text would have just indicated the presence symbol, it
still wouldn't have mattered because vamps with a superior version of
a discipline don't "not have"(*) the basic version of that
discipline.
Just like a vamp with superior [whatever] can play the basic
[whatever] version of a minion card that requires [whatever].

-Teeka

(*) please excuse the bad english here

LSJ

Mar 21, 2008, 6:16:24 AM3/21/08

Correct [1.5.4]

XZealot

Mar 21, 2008, 11:50:25 AM3/21/08

> (*) please excuse the bad english here

no problem, your english is quite good, but I have wasted a good hour
this morning at www.engrish.com

Inadvertent humor is sometimes the funniest.

Teeka

Mar 21, 2008, 1:29:30 PM3/21/08
On 21 mrt, 16:50, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> > (*) please excuse the bad english here
>
> no problem, your english is quite good, but I have wasted a good hour
> this morning atwww.engrish.com
>
> Inadvertent humor is sometimes the funniest.

Yeah, "engrish" rocks! I have some books at home with just pictures of
traffic signs and billboards.. hilarious!