lsj: some aim targets questions

Tetragrammaton

Oct 11, 2007, 3:59:36 PM10/11/07
Questions:

#1 -
the +2 damage from target head on a catatonic fear it's done:
a) during the strike resolution (so, inside combat)
or
b) after combat ends, along with the 1 damage of the catatonic fear ?

#2-
may you confirm me that target vitals +2 damage is added after
combat, after that you check if the 1 damage of the catatonic fear
will be effectively inflicted ?

#3 -
may you play target heads or vitals on a superior autonomic mastery,
or otherwise on any strike you know will not inflict any damage on the
opposing minion ? (eg, aim target on a normal hand strike against ambrosius)

#4 -
i think that before playing any aim target cards on a strike done with a
strike card, you have to double check if anyone will direct intervention
vs the strike card - so, when you play the aim card it will be too late
to play a direct intervention against the chosen strike (aimed) card, is
that correct ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano, italian NC
www.italybynight.org

witness1

Oct 11, 2007, 4:00:27 PM10/11/07
On Oct 11, 3:59 pm, "Tetragrammaton" <nos...@none.com> wrote:
> Questions:
>
> #1 -
> the +2 damage from target head on a catatonic fear it's done:
> a) during the strike resolution (so, inside combat)
> or
> b) after combat ends, along with the 1 damage of the catatonic fear ?

b) +2 has to apply when the initial 1 is done.

> #2-
> may you confirm me that target vitals +2 damage is added after
> combat, after that you check if the 1 damage of the catatonic fear
> will be effectively inflicted ?

Yes.

> #3 -
> may you play target heads or vitals on a superior autonomic mastery,
> or otherwise on any strike you know will not inflict any damage on the
> opposing minion ? (eg, aim target on a normal hand strike against ambrosius)

Yes. It will simply have no effect.

> #4 -
> i think that before playing any aim target cards on a strike done with a
> strike card, you have to double check if anyone will direct intervention
> vs the strike card - so, when you play the aim card it will be too late
> to play a direct intervention against the chosen strike (aimed) card, is
> that correct ?

Yes.

witness1

LSJ

Oct 11, 2007, 4:11:58 PM10/11/07
witness1 wrote:
> On Oct 11, 3:59 pm, "Tetragrammaton" <nos...@none.com> wrote:
>> Questions:
>>
>> #1 -
>> the +2 damage from target head on a catatonic fear it's done:
>> a) during the strike resolution (so, inside combat)
>> or
>> b) after combat ends, along with the 1 damage of the catatonic fear ?
>
> b) +2 has to apply when the initial 1 is done.

Correct.

>> #2-
>> may you confirm me that target vitals +2 damage is added after
>> combat, after that you check if the 1 damage of the catatonic fear
>> will be effectively inflicted ?
>
> Yes.

Correct.

>> #3 -
>> may you play target heads or vitals on a superior autonomic mastery,
>> or otherwise on any strike you know will not inflict any damage on the
>> opposing minion ? (eg, aim target on a normal hand strike against ambrosius)
>
> Yes. It will simply have no effect.

Correct.

>> #4 -
>> i think that before playing any aim target cards on a strike done with a
>> strike card, you have to double check if anyone will direct intervention
>> vs the strike card - so, when you play the aim card it will be too late
>> to play a direct intervention against the chosen strike (aimed) card, is
>> that correct ?
>
> Yes.

Correct.

antero

Oct 12, 2007, 4:10:24 AM10/12/07
ayOn Oct 11, 11:11 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> witness1 wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 3:59 pm, "Tetragrammaton" <nos...@none.com> wrote:
> >> Questions:
>
> >> #1 -
> >> the +2 damage from target head on a catatonic fear it's done:
> >> a) during the strike resolution (so, inside combat)
> >> or
> >> b) after combat ends, along with the 1 damage of the catatonic fear ?
>
> > b) +2 has to apply when the initial 1 is done.
>
> Correct.

So let me get it straight. Can Arnulf Jormungandrsson play Target
Head and Catatonic Fear in order to torporise a minion with less than
3 blood?

Bram Vink

Oct 12, 2007, 4:22:05 AM10/12/07

Correct, assuming no strange effects (say, Ex, Nihilo)
Target Vitals is the better card to play in this context, though.

Cheers,

James Coupe

Oct 12, 2007, 4:29:46 AM10/12/07
In message <1192176624.9...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

antero <nom...@jippii.fi> writes:
>So let me get it straight. Can Arnulf Jormungandrsson play Target
>Head and Catatonic Fear in order to torporise a minion with less than
>3 blood?

Well, there's no reason to limit it to Arnulf Jormungandrsson.

You announce Catatonic Fear at superior. It's a damage dealing strike
(1 damage after combat). You also announce Target Head. So now it's
doing 3 damage, after combat ends.

There are a few ways for minions to deal with this. Since the damage is
from a strike, they can burn Leather Jacket. Surge counters could be
used by an Imbued.

However, since you're outside combat, you can't play combat cards (like
Skin of Rock, say). So in the general case, the opposing vampire will
take three damage and go to torpor if on less than three blood.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Oct 12, 2007, 6:32:54 AM10/12/07
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1192176624.9...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> antero <nom...@jippii.fi> writes:
>> So let me get it straight. Can Arnulf Jormungandrsson play Target
>> Head and Catatonic Fear in order to torporise a minion with less than
>> 3 blood?
>
> Well, there's no reason to limit it to Arnulf Jormungandrsson.
>
> You announce Catatonic Fear at superior. It's a damage dealing strike
> (1 damage after combat). You also announce Target Head. So now it's
> doing 3 damage, after combat ends.
>
> There are a few ways for minions to deal with this. Since the damage is
> from a strike, they can burn Leather Jacket. Surge counters could be
> used by an Imbued.
>
> However, since you're outside combat, you can't play combat cards (like
> Skin of Rock, say). So in the general case, the opposing vampire will
> take three damage and go to torpor if on less than three blood.

... or just burn a combat card (like Skin of Rock) when the Target Head is
played to cancel the effect.

John P.

Oct 12, 2007, 12:29:30 PM10/12/07
On Oct 12, 3:29 am, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <1192176624.941378.135...@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> antero <nomu...@jippii.fi> writes:
> >So let me get it straight. Can Arnulf Jormungandrsson play Target
> >Head and Catatonic Fear in order to torporise a minion with less than
> >3 blood?
>
> Well, there's no reason to limit it to Arnulf Jormungandrsson.
>
> You announce Catatonic Fear at superior. It's a damage dealing strike
> (1 damage after combat). You also announce Target Head. So now it's
> doing 3 damage, after combat ends.
>
> There are a few ways for minions to deal with this. Since the damage is
> from a strike, they can burn Leather Jacket. Surge counters could be
> used by an Imbued.
>
> However, since you're outside combat, you can't play combat cards (like
> Skin of Rock, say). So in the general case, the opposing vampire will
> take three damage and go to torpor if on less than three blood.

You could of course Psyche!, Telepathic tracking, etc and interrupt
the 1 point from
Catatonic fear.

John P.

Klai...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2007, 9:43:56 PM10/13/07
> John P.- Piilota siteerattu teksti -
>
> - Näytä siteerattu teksti -

Or you could dodge, or IG, or manuever to long.

Alias

Oct 18, 2007, 10:02:13 AM10/18/07
On Oct 14, 3:43 am, Klaita...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 12 loka, 19:29, "John P." <jtpat...@mts.net> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 12, 3:29 am, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:

> > > Well, there's no reason to limit it to Arnulf Jormungandrsson.
>
> > > You announceCatatonicFearat superior. It's a damage dealing strike

> > > (1 damage after combat). You also announce Target Head. So now it's
> > > doing 3 damage, after combat ends.
>
> > > There are a few ways for minions to deal with this. Since the damage is
> > > from a strike, they can burn Leather Jacket. Surge counters could be
> > > used by an Imbued.
>
> > > However, since you're outside combat, you can't play combat cards (like
> > > Skin of Rock, say). So in the general case, the opposing vampire will
> > > take three damage and go to torpor if on less than three blood.
>
> > You could of course Psyche!, Telepathic tracking, etc and interrupt
> > the 1 point from
> >Catatonicfear.
>
> > John P.- Piilota siteerattu teksti -
>
> > - Näytä siteerattu teksti -
>
> Or you could dodge, or IG, or manuever to long.- Hide quoted text -

dodge a catatonic fear aiming at someone's vitals - the day when the
last bits of background atmosphere in VTES died