Misc. Questions...

Orpheus

Nov 12, 2001, 4:24:05 PM11/12/01
- I play Charming Lobby, and intend to play Disputed Territory with it. I
announce the CL, and get intercepted. Do I have to announce DT at the same
time, and if I get intercepted, do I discard both or not ?

- Any D bleed can be directed towards the prey and predator, right ?

- Masters that you can tap during a political action (like Power Structure
or Powerbase : Madrid) can be used during a Blood Hunt, right ?

--
Orpheus

http://cypheranima.free.fr
audio...@yahoogroups.com

Gomi no Sensei

Nov 12, 2001, 4:57:07 PM11/12/01
In article <9sperp$hmd$1...@wanadoo.fr>, Orpheus <orph...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>- I play Charming Lobby, and intend to play Disputed Territory with it. I
>announce the CL, and get intercepted. Do I have to announce DT at the same
>time, and if I get intercepted, do I discard both or not ?

You announce the name of the PA (Disputed Territory in this case) when the
CL action is announced ('Igo uses Charming Lobby to call Disputed
Territory'). The card (if any) for the PA does not leave your hand until
the CL action succeeds, and is replaced normally (the last card to do so
until the end of the referendum).

>- Any D bleed can be directed towards the prey and predator, right ?

Bleeds, as defined in the rulebook, target only your prey. See 6.1.1 in
the rulebook, available on-line at:

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html

The 'bleed' action targets your prey by default and is directed, by definition
of directed. The (D) symbol on some bleed cards is reminder text only and
does not, absent specific text, define legal targets for an action.

>- Masters that you can tap during a political action (like Power Structure
>or Powerbase : Madrid) can be used during a Blood Hunt, right ?

See section 6.5.6 of the rulebook. It's a regular referendum, so any legal
vote sources may be used as normal. Note that this excludes action modifiers
and reactions, unless a minion action was used to call the blood hunt
(currently no such actions are available, but who knows what the future
brings?)

gomi
--
"...to believe that violence [...] is always wrong,
you cannot believe in doing right."

Halcyan 2

Nov 12, 2001, 5:06:52 PM11/12/01
>- I play Charming Lobby, and intend to play Disputed Territory with it. I
>announce the CL, and get intercepted. Do I have to announce DT at the same
>time, and if I get intercepted, do I discard both or not ?

I'm pretty sure you have to announce which PA you're going to be using when you
play the Lobby. But if it gets intercepted, you don't discard the PA that was
named.

>- Any D bleed can be directed towards the prey and predator, right ?

No. Unless explicit card text says otherwise, any bleed is always directed to
your prey (not predator).

>- Masters that you can tap during a political action (like Power Structure
>or Powerbase : Madrid) can be used during a Blood Hunt, right ?

No. The Blood Hunt is a referendum but *not* a political action. Thus cards
like Power Structure, City Gangrel Connections, Demonstration, and The
Mausoleum (which have text regarding "political action") cannot be used.
Ventrue Headquarters can be used (since there is no such restriction).
PB:Madrid however has wording regarding referendum so I think you can use
PB:Madrid during a Blood Hunt.

Halcyan 2

LSJ

Nov 13, 2001, 6:13:08 AM11/13/01

Correct on all 3 points.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Santiago

Nov 13, 2001, 11:51:51 AM11/13/01
In article <9spgjj$hkb$1...@panix1.panix.com>,

go...@panix.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote:

>In article <9sperp$hmd$1...@wanadoo.fr>, Orpheus <orph...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>>- I play Charming Lobby, and intend to play Disputed Territory with it. I
>>announce the CL, and get intercepted. Do I have to announce DT at the same
>>time, and if I get intercepted, do I discard both or not ?
>
>You announce the name of the PA (Disputed Territory in this case) when the
>CL action is announced ('Igo uses Charming Lobby to call Disputed
>Territory'). The card (if any) for the PA does not leave your hand until
>the CL action succeeds, and is replaced normally (the last card to do so
>until the end of the referendum).

Which brings up the question of what happens if some effect*
results in the named political action card leaving your hand between the
announcing of the CL and its resolution.

* I'm not sure whether this is possible as of now, but let's assume the
acting vampire has the ability "Once per turn you may discard X
political action cards to give this vampie +X steatlh."

Mail: santiago [at] umug [dot] org || Web: http://santiago.umug.org
"Ceci n'est pas un 'sig block'."

LSJ

Nov 13, 2001, 12:58:34 PM11/13/01
Santiago wrote:
> Which brings up the question of what happens if some effect*
> results in the named political action card leaving your hand between the
> announcing of the CL and its resolution.
>
> * I'm not sure whether this is possible as of now, but let's assume the
> acting vampire has the ability "Once per turn you may discard X
> political action cards to give this vampie +X steatlh."

It could happen if you're blocked by a Raptor-employing vampire and continue
the action with Form of Mist or somesuch.

At any rate, like the similar case with the Bomb being destroyed in the
process of taking the Bomb-to-burn-a-location action, the action simply
fizzles when it resolves if the necessary elements are no longer present.