Rule question

Martin Tibor Major

May 10, 2010, 9:56:35 AM5/10/10
Hi guys!

I was thinking of a funny deck to chill out with, which is a little
meta influenced. The basic idea is Shalmath + Vaticination (I hope
it's written like this) + Kiss of Lachesis = somebody will have an
equipment you can get (meta).

While I was thinking about the deck I got the idea that I could trade
the information I get from Vaticination. Now comes the question: is it
legal to deal with such information? Am I allowed to say: "hey I tell
you what cards he has in his hand if you do xy..."?

I would say yes, although I think it is highly unethical...

Thanks in advance!

Martin

LSJ

May 10, 2010, 10:00:01 AM5/10/10
On May 10, 9:56 am, Martin Tibor Major <major.martin.ti...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I was thinking of a funny deck to chill out with, which is a little
> meta influenced. The basic idea is Shalmath + Vaticination (I hope
> it's written like this) + Kiss of Lachesis = somebody will have an
> equipment you can get (meta).
>
> While I was thinking about the deck I got the idea that I could trade
> the information I get from Vaticination. Now comes the question: is it
> legal to deal with such information? Am I allowed to say: "hey I tell
> you what cards he has in his hand if you do xy..."?
>
> I would say yes,

Yes.

> although I think it is highly unethical...

It is not. Nor is it unethical/illegal to lie about what cards you
see.

Martin Tibor Major

May 10, 2010, 10:02:51 AM5/10/10

Thank you for both, rule explanation and moral support. I will lie,
bluff and sometimes tell the truth... :)

Message has been deleted

squidalot

May 10, 2010, 1:58:05 PM5/10/10
On May 10, 3:02 pm, Martin Tibor Major <major.martin.ti...@gmail.com>
> bluff and sometimes tell the truth... :)- Hide quoted text -

I hope you're not going to lie this weekend...

suoli

May 10, 2010, 2:08:47 PM5/10/10

Is it legal to look without seeing? For example, if I suspect a
particular player would block my Vaticination rather than show their
hand can I promise not to see what cards they have (by crossing my
eyes, viewing them from a 1 degree angle, obscuring everything except
the borders of the cards etc.) and keep that promise if the
Vaticination resolves?

LSJ

May 10, 2010, 2:24:00 PM5/10/10

Naturally, you can promise anything you like.

And, yes, you are free to "look at" the player's hand in whatever hard-
to-register way you like (such as looking into the player's eyes while
you flash his hand of cards at your face). And you can sneak a peek
for realsies, too. :-)

Martin Tibor Major

May 10, 2010, 3:57:15 PM5/10/10

I have another rule question which is not really related to the
question above, but I don't want to open endless topics here.

Let's suppose I played against player x in the first round. It's a
small tournament, so I meet player x again in the third round or we
both made it to the finals. Am I allowed to tell people what cards I
have seen from player x in the earlier game? Let's suppose I have an
Eidetic Memory and shortly before the end of round 1 I memorized
players x ash heap. May I share this information with the other
players in round 3?

LSJ

May 10, 2010, 5:17:13 PM5/10/10
On May 10, 3:57 pm, Martin Tibor Major <major.martin.ti...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have another rule question which is not really related to the
> question above, but I don't want to open endless topics here.

Endless rules questions should beget endless topics opened, indeed.
(Or at the very least, heavy use of "delete" with regards to quoted
material).

Having endless rules questions stuffed into a unrelated topic makes
for more difficult reading, not easier reading.

> Let's suppose I played against player x in the first round. It's a
> small tournament, so I meet player x again in the third round or we
> both made it to the finals. Am I allowed to tell people what cards I
> have seen from player x in the earlier game?

Yes. And free to lie about those cards (and even free to lie about
seeing any of the cards at all).

> Let's suppose I have an
> Eidetic Memory and shortly before the end of round 1 I memorized
> players x ash heap. May I share this information with the other
> players in round 3?

Sure.

Daneel

May 11, 2010, 2:56:09 AM5/11/10
On Mon, 10 May 2010 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT), LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
wrote:

> It is not. Nor is it unethical/illegal to lie about what cards you
> see.

Based on what definition of "unethical"?

--
Regards,

Daneel

James Coupe

May 11, 2010, 4:14:57 AM5/11/10
Martin Tibor Major <major.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have another rule question which is not really related to the
>question above, but I don't want to open endless topics here.

Having multiple topics with helpful names is actually a better way to
use newsgroups. People can ignore or kill the threads they don't want
to read. People can score up the threads they do want to read.
Glancing down a list of subjects, they can see "LSJ: Shambling Horde
life question" and "Tournament question: How to handle..." and "LSJ: Is
card list for Blah Blah Blah up to date?" and so on.

This is typically much easier for people to follow.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Oko

May 11, 2010, 6:46:13 AM5/11/10
On 10 touko, 17:00, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > although I think it is highly unethical...
>
> It is not. Nor is it unethical/illegal to lie about what cards you
> see.

Cylon.