Losing Parmenides

7 vues

Chris Arthur

non lue,
11 nov. 2002, 02:21:0411/11/2002
What happens to Parmenides if his owner is ousted before he is due to
return? Does he stay with his new master or does he burn? If he burns
when does he burn?

Chris.

James Coupe

non lue,
11 nov. 2002, 05:32:0911/11/2002
In message <5a63bace.02111...@posting.google.com>, Chris

He burns whenever the burn effect occurs. He does not have any special
text letting him delay the burning.

Whenever he burned, he would be burned and placed in his owner's ash-
heap. (i.e. the original player)

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
11 nov. 2002, 08:04:3111/11/2002

He burns when he is "returned" to the ousted player.

His "new master" only has control of him for as long as the effect
says he does.

See also Malkavian Dementia.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

James Coupe

non lue,
11 nov. 2002, 08:23:0111/11/2002
In message <$muUtTep...@gratiano.zephyr.org.uk>, James Coupe

<ja...@zephyr.org.uk> writes:
>He burns whenever the burn effect occurs. He does not have any special
>text letting him delay the burning.

Urgh. Brain freeze. I blame not paying attention.

Chris Arthur

non lue,
11 nov. 2002, 17:48:5911/11/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3DCFAADF...@white-wolf.com>...

> Chris Arthur wrote:
> >
> > What happens to Parmenides if his owner is ousted before he is due to
> > return? Does he stay with his new master or does he burn? If he burns
> > when does he burn?
>
> He burns when he is "returned" to the ousted player.
>
> His "new master" only has control of him for as long as the effect
> says he does.
>
> See also Malkavian Dementia.

Ok, that's what i suspected. Forgive me for continuing the thread with
a further question.

Let's say we have five meths.

Meth A
Meth B
Meth C
Meth D
Meth E

Meth B brings out Parmenides and gives him to Meth A.
Meth C bleeds and gets deflected all the way to B who is ousted by the
bleed.
I assume that Parmenides will leave the game in between the turns of
Meth A and C as this would be when he was supposed to return to Meth
B. Is that correct?

If so, what happens if Meth C, after ousting B with a deflected bleed,
calls a Kindred Restructure and the table now looks like:

Meth C
Meth D
Meth A
Meth E

At what point does Parmenides burn?

Chris.

Asker of silly questions.

Chris Brown

non lue,
12 nov. 2002, 00:43:1112/11/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3DCFAADF...@white-wolf.com>...
> Chris Arthur wrote:
> >
> > What happens to Parmenides if his owner is ousted before he is due to
> > return? Does he stay with his new master or does he burn? If he burns
> > when does he burn?
>
> He burns when he is "returned" to the ousted player.
>
> His "new master" only has control of him for as long as the effect
> says he does.
>
> See also Malkavian Dementia.

So he is returned at what would have been the Ousted Meths untap
phase...ie: between the current masters end of turn and the next meths
beginning...bummer.

LSJ

non lue,
12 nov. 2002, 08:34:1212/11/2002

That's a good point.

He's controlled by his temporary master until his owner's next untap phase.
If his owner doesn't have a "next untap phase" (e.g., she's ousted), then
the temporary control effect never ends.

Sorry for overlooking that point earlier.

Chris Brown

non lue,
12 nov. 2002, 16:55:0512/11/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3DD10354...@white-wolf.com>...

> Chris Brown wrote:
> >
> > LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3DCFAADF...@white-wolf.com>...

> > > He burns when he is "returned" to the ousted player.
> > >
> > > His "new master" only has control of him for as long as the effect
> > > says he does.
> > >
> > > See also Malkavian Dementia.
> >
> > So he is returned at what would have been the Ousted Meths untap
> > phase...ie: between the current masters end of turn and the next meths
> > beginning...bummer.
>
> That's a good point.
>
> He's controlled by his temporary master until his owner's next untap phase.
> If his owner doesn't have a "next untap phase" (e.g., she's ousted), then
> the temporary control effect never ends.
>
> Sorry for overlooking that point earlier.

O I was right then. Thanks.

Hah. Chew on that Errol. :P

0 nouveau message