LSJ: Lunatic Eruption Q

7 vues

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
18 juil. 2001, 23:23:2018/07/2001
If a vampire with a Lunatic Eruption on it untaps after taking
its mandatory enter-combat action, is it free to take other
actions, or would it have to take another enter-combat action?
(Under tournament no-repeat-action rules, of course, it would
be unable to do so and "stuck", if so.)

Thanks,

Josh

James Coupe

non lue,
20 juil. 2001, 21:14:0220/07/2001
In message <59b20daa.01071...@posting.google.com>, Joshua
Duffin <duff...@bls.gov> writes

>If a vampire with a Lunatic Eruption on it untaps after taking
>its mandatory enter-combat action, is it free to take other
>actions, or would it have to take another enter-combat action?

It's already satisfied the requirement to enter combat during its minion
phase. It doesn't have to do it again.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
21 juil. 2001, 06:11:3421/07/2001
James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
>In message <59b20daa.01071...@posting.google.com>, Joshua
>Duffin <duff...@bls.gov> writes
>>If a vampire with a Lunatic Eruption on it untaps after taking
>>its mandatory enter-combat action, is it free to take other
>>actions, or would it have to take another enter-combat action?
>
>It's already satisfied the requirement to enter combat during its minion
>phase. It doesn't have to do it again.

And, indeed, he cannot do it again. The During X, do Y template gives
him just 1 enter-combat-via-LE action per minion phase.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jason Bell

non lue,
21 juil. 2001, 06:20:3521/07/2001

"James Coupe" <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote

> Joshua > Duffin <duff...@bls.gov> writes
>
> >If a vampire with a Lunatic Eruption on it untaps after taking
> >its mandatory enter-combat action, is it free to take other
> >actions, or would it have to take another enter-combat action?
>
> It's already satisfied the requirement to enter combat during its minion
> phase. It doesn't have to do it again.

Really?
So if my vampire with 0 blood hunts, then plays Freak Drive,
that vampire is free to take other actions? I'm confident
this is not true for hunting, but I'm unclear as to how or
why other mandatory actions do not create the same helpless
state.

- Jason Bell

James Coupe

non lue,
21 juil. 2001, 10:28:2121/07/2001
In message <THc67.191456$Md.42...@typhoon.southeast.rr.com>, Jason
Bell <Jason...@mail.com> writes

>Really?
>So if my vampire with 0 blood hunts, then plays Freak Drive,
>that vampire is free to take other actions? I'm confident
>this is not true for hunting, but I'm unclear as to how or
>why other mandatory actions do not create the same helpless
>state.

Because the text of the rules are different.

"A ready vampire with no blood cannot take any action except hunt. Any
time during a Methuselah's minion phase that one of her ready untapped
vampires is empty (and not otherwise prohibited from hunting), he must
hunt immediately, before any other action is taken by any minion."

This is "any time", they "must".

Thus they end up with must do and (under NRA) can't do -> stand still.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D

"Surely somewhere out there there's a woman who's EBD690ECD7A1F
been sodomized by her father and is capable of B457CA213D7E6
composing a few coherent sentences on the subject." 68C3695D623D5D

0 nouveau message