Subdued by the Blood

ira...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2009, 8:25:28 PM4/14/09
Hello LSJ,

Does Subdued by the Blood check for the diablerist's capacity before
or after the diablerie (and potential discpline card)? I believe
after.

Thanks,
Ira

Rulebook quote below.
6.5.5. Diablerie
Diablerie is resolved as follows:

1. All blood on the victim is moved to the diablerist. Blood in
excess of his capacity drains off as normal.
2. The diablerist may take any equipment on the victim.
3. The victim is burned (sent to his owner's ash heap). Any cards
and counters on him are also burned.
4. If the victim was older (had a higher capacity) than the
diablerist, the diablerist can be given a Discipline. His controller
may go through her library, ash heap and hand to get a master
Discipline card to put on the diablerist and then reshuffle her
library or draw back up to her hand size as necessary. This may
increase the diablerist's capacity by 1, but does not automatically
give the diablerist a blood to fill that new capacity.
5. If the victim was Red List, the diablerist may receive trophies
(see section 11).

The steps of diablerie are treated as a single unit. No effects can be
used to interrupt the diablerie; effects may be played either before
or after, as appropriate. After diablerie, a blood hunt may be called
on the diablerist.

Subdued by the Blood
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
Play when a vampire diablerizes a vampires of more that twice his or
her capacity (before the blood hunt referendum, if any). Usable on
your own turn. Move the victim from the ash heap to his or her owner's
ready region, any move all blood from the diablerist to him or her.
Remove the diablerist from the game.

LSJ

Apr 14, 2009, 9:42:47 PM4/14/09
ira...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello LSJ,
>
> Does Subdued by the Blood check for the diablerist's capacity before
> or after the diablerie (and potential discpline card)? I believe
> after.

Before, like when you're checking to see if you get the Discipline card in the
first place.
"when a vampire diablerizes a vampire of more than twice his or her capacity"

> Subdued by the Blood
> Cardtype: Master
> Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
> Play when a vampire diablerizes a vampires of more that twice his or
> her capacity (before the blood hunt referendum, if any). Usable on
> your own turn. Move the victim from the ash heap to his or her owner's
> ready region, any move all blood from the diablerist to him or her.
> Remove the diablerist from the game.

Lotta typos in that text (vampires, that, any). Where'd you get it?

Kevin M.

Apr 14, 2009, 10:33:43 PM4/14/09

Looks like it is from FELDB, which is hand-typed and not updated
from any official list.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/

LSJ

Apr 14, 2009, 10:43:28 PM4/14/09
Kevin M. wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>> ira...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hello LSJ,
>>>
>>> Does Subdued by the Blood check for the diablerist's capacity before
>>> or after the diablerie (and potential discpline card)? I believe
>>> after.
>> Before, like when you're checking to see if you get the Discipline
>> card in the first place.
>> "when a vampire diablerizes a vampire of more than twice his or her
>> capacity"
>>> Subdued by the Blood
>>> Cardtype: Master
>>> Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
>>> Play when a vampire diablerizes a vampires of more that twice his or
>>> her capacity (before the blood hunt referendum, if any). Usable on
>>> your own turn. Move the victim from the ash heap to his or her
>>> owner's ready region, any move all blood from the diablerist to him
>>> or her. Remove the diablerist from the game.
>> Lotta typos in that text (vampires, that, any). Where'd you get it?
>
> Looks like it is from FELDB, which is hand-typed and not updated
> from any official list.

Well, please, if you (the generic "you") are going to quote card text for me
(and I appreciate it when you do), you may as well cut-n-paste official card
text. That's the whole point of referring to card text. "Checking card text" by
reading something other than the actual card text is a problem.

Having false card text posted even a small fraction of the time means that I
can't use any of the card text posted (since I won't be able to trust that it's
accurate).

Blooded Sand

Apr 15, 2009, 4:28:48 AM4/15/09

ie use either ARDB, secret library, the python based thingy, or White
Wolf websites official card text.

All of these update from .csv file, so if there is an error, it will
at least be a consistent error. ;)