LSJ? re: smiling Jack

2 vues

markvtes

non lue,
16 janv. 2004, 11:36:2416/01/2004
Just wanted to verify how I believe this card to work. It was my
thought that for each counter on smilling Jack it would trigger the
effect "during his or her untap phase burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood
from a vampire he or she controls" thus with four counters on Jack
you could burn 1 pool and 1 blood off each of three vampires. The
opposing argument held in my play group is that you have one choice ie
if your vampires only have one blood each you have to take 4 pool loss
because you have to choose one target (ie all off one vampire) for the
pool loss. If anyone could give me official verification to resolve
this argument (which resulted in someone being ousted when I thought I
should have been able to keep them alive with eagles sights).

Name: Smiling Jack, The Anarch
[Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R]
Cardtype: Master
Unique master.
During your untap phase, move 1 blood from your pool to Jack. Each
other Methuselah during his or her untap phase burns 1 pool or burns 1
blood from a vampire he or she controls for each blood on Jack. Any
vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.

LSJ

non lue,
16 janv. 2004, 13:21:1716/01/2004
markvtes wrote:
> Just wanted to verify how I believe this card to work. It was my
> thought that for each counter on smilling Jack it would trigger the
> effect "during his or her untap phase burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood
> from a vampire he or she controls" thus with four counters on Jack
> you could burn 1 pool and 1 blood off each of three vampires. The

This is correct.

> opposing argument held in my play group is that you have one choice ie
> if your vampires only have one blood each you have to take 4 pool loss
> because you have to choose one target (ie all off one vampire) for the
> pool loss. If anyone could give me official verification to resolve

It is not "Burns X pool or burns X blood from a vampire he or she controls,
where X is the number of blood on Jack".

It is "Burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood from a vampire he or she controls" for
each counter.

> this argument (which resulted in someone being ousted when I thought I
> should have been able to keep them alive with eagles sights).
>

> Name: Smiling Jack, The Anarch
> [Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R]
> Cardtype: Master
> Unique master.
> During your untap phase, move 1 blood from your pool to Jack. Each
> other Methuselah during his or her untap phase burns 1 pool or burns 1
> blood from a vampire he or she controls for each blood on Jack. Any
> vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message