Agaitas + Semsith

12 vues

Orpheus

non lue,
17 juil. 2002, 18:56:3517/07/2002
Agaitas : Sabbat: Whenever you play a card, you may draw its replacement
from your prey's library instead of your own. Put the card drawn face-up in
front of you. It is still considered to be in your hand, to be played or
discarded as normal.

Semsith : Political Action - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1
stealth.
Choose another Methuselah. If this referendum is successful, put this card
in play. Your hand size is one card smaller. The chosen Methuselah doesn't
draw to replace cards during any Methuselah's minion phase. After each
minion phase, he or she draws back up to his or her hand size. Any vampire
may call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.

My question is : if you are the target of a Meddling, and you control
Agaitas, can you replace the cards (at the end of your minion phase) from
your prey's hand ?

Trey Morita

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 05:26:3418/07/2002
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:56:35 +0200, "Orpheus" <orph...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Semsith : Political Action - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1
> stealth.
> Choose another Methuselah. If this referendum is successful, put this card
> in play. Your hand size is one card smaller. The chosen Methuselah doesn't
> draw to replace cards during any Methuselah's minion phase. After each
> minion phase, he or she draws back up to his or her hand size. Any vampire
> may call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.
>
> My question is : if you are the target of a Meddling, and you control
> Agaitas, can you replace the cards (at the end of your minion phase) from
> your prey's hand ?

It looks like from the way Semsith is worded, the cards you play during a
minion phase are never replaced. It depends on whether the "end of minion
phase, draw up to hand size" is considered a delayed replacement of the
cards you played during the minion phase. Either way you would never replace
from your prey's HAND.

So either:

A) When Meddled, cards you play during a minion phase are never replaced,
but you draw up to hand size at the end of a minion phase.

or

B) When Meddled, cards you play during a minion phase are replaced at the
end of that minion phase.

B requires a leap of logic not supported by card text, I think.

If A is true, as I suspect, then the cards you draw at the end of a minion
phase are unaffected by Agaitas' special, since they are not part of the
"play a card, replace it" mechanic, which is what Agaitas' special affects.

Trey

LSJ

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 06:42:0018/07/2002

No. Agaitas's ability only functions when you play the card. If the replacement
doesn't occur at that point, then you don't get to use his ability.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 07:48:5518/07/2002
LSJ wrote:
> Orpheus wrote:
>>
>> Agaitas : Sabbat: Whenever you play a card, you may draw its
>> replacement from your prey's library instead of your own. Put the
>> card drawn face-up in front of you. It is still considered to be in
>> your hand, to be played or discarded as normal.
>>
>> Semsith : Political Action - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at
>> +1 stealth.
>> Choose another Methuselah. If this referendum is successful, put
>> this card in play. Your hand size is one card smaller. The chosen
>> Methuselah doesn't draw to replace cards during any Methuselah's
>> minion phase. After each minion phase, he or she draws back up to
>> his or her hand size. Any vampire may call a referendum to burn this
>> card as a +1 stealth political action.
>>
>> My question is : if you are the target of a Meddling, and you control
>> Agaitas, can you replace the cards (at the end of your minion phase)
>> from your prey's hand ?
>
> No. Agaitas's ability only functions when you play the card. If the
> replacement doesn't occur at that point, then you don't get to use
> his ability.

So cards like Wake, Bums rush, anything that says "do not replace until..."
are not avaliable for you to replace from your prey's library?(assuming no
meddling)
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

LSJ

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 08:31:5618/07/2002
The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:

> LSJ wrote:
> > Agaitas's ability only functions when you play the card. If the
> > replacement doesn't occur at that point, then you don't get to use
> > his ability.
>
> So cards like Wake, Bums rush, anything that says "do not replace until..."
> are not avaliable for you to replace from your prey's library?

Correct.

Kamel SENNI

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 11:21:3718/07/2002
"> My question is : if you are the target of a Meddling, and you
control
> Agaitas, can you replace the cards (at the end of your minion phase) from
> your prey's hand ?
helo, Orpheus :
From your prey hand ?
No never.
But you would say "from your prey 's library" ?
No, i think :

Meddling say "do not draw to replace during..."
And after, "draw back to your hand size".

So, the second sentence is not similar to drawing to replace.
Agaitas make you draw your replacement card from your prey's library.
With a semsith you do not replace any cards, you just draw to your
hand size a the end of yur minion phase.

Ouf, c'est d'un compliqué ce jeu!

Hawk the Demon

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 13:20:0218/07/2002
"Orpheus" <orph...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<ah4snb$irf$1...@wanadoo.fr>...

> My question is : if you are the target of a Meddling, and you control
> Agaitas, can you replace the cards (at the end of your minion phase) from
> your prey's hand ?

I would guess no, you are allowed to draw replacement cards from your
prey, but you dont get the replacement card at this time. you might
though draw all the replacement cards from your prey, when you
replace.

Orpheus

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 18:56:4818/07/2002

"Kamel SENNI" <kamel...@yvelines.pref.gouv.fr> a écrit dans le message
news: 1b066664.02071...@posting.google.com...

> "> My question is : if you are the target of a Meddling, and you
> control
> > Agaitas, can you replace the cards (at the end of your minion phase)
from
> > your prey's hand ?
> helo, Orpheus :

Hi Kammel.

> From your prey hand ?
> No never.

Lol. Mistype...

> But you would say "from your prey 's library" ?
> No, i think :

(snip comments)

> Ouf, c'est d'un compliqué ce jeu!

Oui, de plus en plus j'ai l'impression, c'est dommage...

I'm curious to see how new players will perceive the new edition, let's hope
it will be clear for them : maybe it's for us who went through so many
addendas / erratas that it's beginning to be a little too complex ? A simple
proof : the players who want to stop are amongst the oldest ones ; but then,
the more you get used to things the harder the changes...

Hawk the Demon

non lue,
19 juil. 2002, 12:29:1519/07/2002
missed the 'When you play a card' part...
0 nouveau message