Alvaro!

17 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
24 mars 2001, 20:58:4924/03/2001
Alright, I just got back from a Sabbat/Sabbat War
sealed deck tournament, up here in Boston.
3VP, not bad for my first tourney...

But anyway.. the question of Alvaro came up, and how
his "abstaining" ability works.

That is.. what constitutes "abstaining from a vote"?
There was an attempt to Excommunicate him (which failed),
but we asked what would happen to his special ability.
Our judge ruled that, if Alvaro lost his title, and
did not have voting rights, then he could not gain the
two blood by "not voting". But I seem to remember reading
a ruling that he _could_ gain this blood, much the same
as Gratiano still gets his +1 Priscus vote.

What's the official word, LSJ?

And what if Alvaro is in Torpor? Does he gain blood during
votes then?

Thanks.

Reyda

non lue,
25 mars 2001, 21:42:2525/03/2001

"Jozxyqk" <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> a écrit dans le message news:
thcv6.7608$De3.1...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net...

to vote, you must have voices. no title, no abstention, therefore no gain
for alvaro i presume.
wether votes gained by cards like 'bewitching oration' can be used for
abstention i cannot say...
he can still make younger vampire vote for him with cards like "kindred
coercion" if he's able to play them.
in torpor he can't vote anyway.

LSJ

non lue,
26 mars 2001, 06:35:1526/03/2001
Jozxyqk wrote:

> Alright, I just got back from a Sabbat/Sabbat War
> sealed deck tournament, up here in Boston.
> 3VP, not bad for my first tourney...
>
> But anyway.. the question of Alvaro came up, and how
> his "abstaining" ability works.
>
> That is.. what constitutes "abstaining from a vote"?

Not voting. A vampire either casts a vote(s) in the referendum
(for or against) or he abstains.

> There was an attempt to Excommunicate him (which failed),
> but we asked what would happen to his special ability.
> Our judge ruled that, if Alvaro lost his title, and
> did not have voting rights, then he could not gain the
> two blood by "not voting". But I seem to remember reading
> a ruling that he _could_ gain this blood, much the same
> as Gratiano still gets his +1 Priscus vote.
>
> What's the official word, LSJ?

He gets his blood if he doesn't cast any votes, even if he
doesn't have a title any more.

> And what if Alvaro is in Torpor? Does he gain blood during
> votes then?

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Roger Carhult

non lue,
26 mars 2001, 07:06:0226/03/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> >
> > Alright, I just got back from a Sabbat/Sabbat War
> > sealed deck tournament, up here in Boston.
> > 3VP, not bad for my first tourney...
> >
> > But anyway.. the question of Alvaro came up, and how
> > his "abstaining" ability works.
> >
> > That is.. what constitutes "abstaining from a vote"?
>
> Not voting. A vampire either casts a vote(s) in the referendum
> (for or against) or he abstains.
>
> > There was an attempt to Excommunicate him (which failed),
> > but we asked what would happen to his special ability.
> > Our judge ruled that, if Alvaro lost his title, and
> > did not have voting rights, then he could not gain the
> > two blood by "not voting". But I seem to remember reading
> > a ruling that he _could_ gain this blood, much the same
> > as Gratiano still gets his +1 Priscus vote.
> >
> > What's the official word, LSJ?
>
> He gets his blood if he doesn't cast any votes, even if he
> doesn't have a title any more.
>
> > And what if Alvaro is in Torpor? Does he gain blood during
> > votes then?
>
> Yes.

What if a Banishment is called on Alvaro, does he gain blood before becoming
uncontrolled?

LSJ

non lue,
26 mars 2001, 08:17:2426/03/2001
Roger Carhult wrote:
> What if a Banishment is called on Alvaro, does he gain blood before becoming
> uncontrolled?

No. He gains the blood "at the end of the action", by which time he is
uncontrolled (and so he gains no blood).

Reyda

non lue,
27 mars 2001, 08:54:4727/03/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3ABF2973...@white-wolf.com...
(snip)

> > That is.. what constitutes "abstaining from a vote"?
>
> Not voting. A vampire either casts a vote(s) in the referendum
> (for or against) or he abstains.
(snip)
> [alvaro] gets his blood if he doesn't cast any votes, even if he

> doesn't have a title any more.
>
> > And what if Alvaro is in Torpor? Does he gain blood during
> > votes then?
>
> Yes.

I thought you could'nt "participate" and vote in a referendum if you had no
votes or if you were in torpor region... Nevermind, what if Alvaro's votes
are :
Cancelled by reaction pulling strings ?
changed to something other than abstention by kindred coercion ?
cancelled by modifier telepathic vote counting ?
cancelled by master "detection" ?
and what if alvaro's title is contested ?

if he can gain 2 blood each referendum, even in torpor, is his special
slightly overpowered ?

LSJ

non lue,
27 mars 2001, 09:16:5327/03/2001
Reyda wrote:

> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> 3ABF2973...@white-wolf.com...
> (snip)
> > > That is.. what constitutes "abstaining from a vote"?
> >
> > Not voting. A vampire either casts a vote(s) in the referendum
> > (for or against) or he abstains.
> (snip)
> > [alvaro] gets his blood if he doesn't cast any votes, even if he
> > doesn't have a title any more.
> >
> > > And what if Alvaro is in Torpor? Does he gain blood during
> > > votes then?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I thought you could'nt "participate" and vote in a referendum if you had no
> votes or if you were in torpor region... Nevermind, what if Alvaro's votes
> are :
> Cancelled by reaction pulling strings ?
> changed to something other than abstention by kindred coercion ?
> cancelled by modifier telepathic vote counting ?
> cancelled by master "detection" ?
> and what if alvaro's title is contested ?
>
> if he can gain 2 blood each referendum, even in torpor, is his special
> slightly overpowered ?

Alvaro, like every other vampire, either votes or abstains. There is no
third option. If he doesn't vote, he abstains. If he votes (either in
favor or against), he doesn't abstain.

0 nouveau message