lsj: catatonic fear at later rounds damage

Tetragrammaton

Nov 2, 2007, 5:50:20 PM11/2/07
Hello,
surfing on the google groups i've found this :

(tinyurl) http://tinyurl.com/yuzz42

(real link)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_frm/thread/74a5250a756b60d4/08920ce866f6dd0e#08920ce866f6dd0e

i need answer to direct question then:

round 1 - vamp A plays catatonic fear (or, say, oubliette) - vamp b plays
telepatic tracking (or
psyche or similar "restarting combat" effect)

round 2 - vamp A hand strike, vamp B hand strike - combat is over
does vamp B suffer the damage from catatonic fear (played in previous round)
at this point ?

Would such damaging effects (by CF) "stack", and resolve all together when
combat is over,
in front of more than one catatonic fear played in the same combat, and
interrupted each by
"combat - restartes" such as TT ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano

LSJ

Nov 2, 2007, 7:05:16 PM11/2/07

CF's damage is completely lost if the resolution of CF (namely: the ending of
combat) is interrupted by either the extending of that combat (by Telepathic
Tracking) or by the starting of a new combat (by Psyche!).

The link you have above is an obsolete ruling, made obsolete in RTR 01-MAY-2002:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/399cda7d99025c44

Sten During

Nov 7, 2007, 1:55:19 PM11/7/07
LSJ skrev:

> CF's damage is completely lost if the resolution of CF (namely: the
> ending of combat) is interrupted by either the extending of that combat
> (by Telepathic Tracking) or by the starting of a new combat (by Psyche!).

Psyche! and some similar effects take effect AFTER combat (as per chain
of rulings available on the NG as well as on the WW-site). It could be
argued that CF played by the acting Meth should take precedence over
Psyche! played by the reacting Meth. (Ie, which 'after combat' comes
first?) Otherwise we have two different 'after combat' windows.

Sten

LSJ

Nov 7, 2007, 2:05:09 PM11/7/07
Sten During wrote:
> LSJ skrev:
>

>> CF's damage is completely lost if the resolution of CF (namely: the
>> ending of combat) is interrupted by either the extending of that
>> combat (by Telepathic Tracking) or by the starting of a new combat (by
>> Psyche!).
>
> Psyche! and some similar effects take effect AFTER combat (as per chain
> of rulings available on the NG as well as on the WW-site). It could be
> argued that CF played by the acting Meth should take precedence over
> Psyche! played by the reacting Meth. (Ie, which 'after combat' comes
> first?) Otherwise we have two different 'after combat' windows.

The ruling is clear.

Psyche, HL, FR, &c. come first.