(LSJ) Cave of Apples/Weigh the Heart

Kushiel

Sep 8, 2009, 11:03:24 AM9/8/09
My prey has a two-cap vampire in play. One of my vampires successfully
takes the Cave of Apples action targeting him, also playing Weigh the
Heart at superior. May I take control of the two-cap vampire, or does
the second corruption counter not get put into play until after Cave
of Apples' change-of-control clause window is closed?

John Eno

Cave of Apples
Master: unique location.
Any Follower of Set you control may put a corruption counter on an
ally or younger vampire controlled by your prey as a (D) action. If
the action is successful and the number of your corruption counters on
the minion equals or exceeds his or her capacity or cost, you may burn
those counters to gain control of him or her.

Weigh the Heart
Only usable as a (D) action is announced. If this action is
successful, put a corruption counter on a minion controlled by the
target Methuselah (after resolving the action).

LSJ

Sep 8, 2009, 11:09:20 AM9/8/09
Kushiel wrote:
> My prey has a two-cap vampire in play. One of my vampires successfully
> takes the Cave of Apples action targeting him, also playing Weigh the
> Heart at superior. May I take control of the two-cap vampire, or does
> the second corruption counter not get put into play until after Cave
> of Apples' change-of-control clause window is closed?

After resolving the Cave of Apples action.
(the latter)

Johann von Doom

Sep 8, 2009, 1:23:47 PM9/8/09
On Sep 8, 11:09 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> After resolving the Cave of Apples action.
> (the latter)

Groovy, that's how we ruled it. Thanks.

John Eno

Ira Fay

Sep 9, 2009, 1:12:49 AM9/9/09
On Sep 8, 10:23 am, Johann von Doom <invisibleking...@gmail.com>
wrote:

What minion was using Cave of Apples and Weigh the Heart, and was it
during a tournament or a casual game?

Thanks,
Ira

Johann von Doom

Sep 9, 2009, 1:15:13 PM9/9/09
On Sep 9, 1:12 am, Ira Fay <ira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What minion was using Cave of Apples and Weigh the Heart,

Kahina the S'more-ceress and Khay'tall with a skillcard.

> and was it during a tournament or a casual game?

Just a casual game. Greg Williams warned us that he was going to play
a really bad deck and then proved himself a man of his word. :)

John Eno

gwil...@storageannex.com

Sep 9, 2009, 1:31:02 PM9/9/09
On Sep 9, 1:15 pm, Johann von Doom <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a casual game. Greg Williams warned us that he was going to play
> a really bad deck and then proved himself a man of his word. :)
>
> John Eno

Well, there is no need to be rude. :)

I like to experiment with deck ideas and try things out, even if I
know they will probably crash and burn... but I usually learn new
tricks in the process.

Here... you can see how bad the deck is for yourself. Who needs an
ousting strategy! Though, in all fairness, Eno was testing a NAC
quality deck... and I had a bad first shuffle. Not a single Eternals
of Sirius in my opening draw. But I managed to steel a few vamps and
fend off Eno with 5 vamps (at least until the lunge).

Greg

***CRYPT***
Total Vampires 12
Average Capacity 9.50
Minimum Draw Capacity 36
Maximum Draw Capacity 40

4 Kahina the Sorceress 9 Follower of Set Ind nec pre AUS DOM OBF SER 1
vote
2 Khay'tall, Snake of Eden 9 Follower of Set Ind aus DOM PRE OBF SER
1 Kemintiri 10 Follower of Set Ind aus dom OBF PRE SER THA
1 Kemintiri (Adv) 10 Follower of Set Ind aus dom OBF PRE SER THA
2 Nefertiti 10 Follower of Set Ind cel pot DOM OBF PRE SER
2 Nehsi 10 Follower of Set Ind aus for OBF PRE PRO SER 2 votes

***LIBRARY***
80 cards

ACTIONS (3)
2 Rumors of Gehenna
1 Political Stranglehold

ACTION MODS (32)
2 Cloak the Gathering
1 Domain of Evernight
2 Elder Impersonation
2 Faceless Night
2 Forgotten Labyrinth
2 Lost in Crowds
2 Spying Mission
2 Swallowed by the Night
1 Veil the Legions
1 Mask of a Thousand Faces
1 Marked Path
14 Weigh the Heart

COMBAT (9)
3 Behind You!
6 Majesty

MASTER (22)
11 Eternals of Sirius
4 Cave of Apples
3 Auspex
4 Villein

REACTION (14)
4 Deflection
5 Telepathic Counter
2 On the Qui Vive
2 Wake
1 Redirection

gwil...@storageannex.com

Sep 9, 2009, 1:32:24 PM9/9/09
Steel = steal.... I do know how to spell.... just not type,
apparently.

Johann von Doom

Sep 9, 2009, 5:32:22 PM9/9/09
On Sep 9, 1:31 pm, gwilli...@storageannex.com wrote:
> Though, in all fairness, Eno was testing a NAC
> quality deck...

Eno was testing out a deck he thought might be good, but I think that
one might have been a failure of concept. And Scott's deck was kind of
a joke. And Humanitas got contested twice, by three different people.
Weird game; dunno that you want to use it as much of a measuring
stick.

John Eno

Juggernaut1981

Sep 9, 2009, 7:22:56 PM9/9/09

Dude, you should so spice up your crypt so you get [SER] the wierd
way... Treaty your way to it.
Bring out some random chumps, then start playing a Cryptic Mission
deck with Cave of Apples, Weigh the Heart and Venenation...

*Goes to draft up something cheesy like that*

Juggernaut1981

Sep 9, 2009, 8:11:50 PM9/9/09
On Sep 10, 3:31 am, gwilli...@storageannex.com wrote:
> On Sep 9, 1:15 pm, Johann von Doom <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just a casual game. Greg Williams warned us that he was going to play
> > a really bad deck and then proved himself a man of his word. :)
>
> > John Eno
>
> Well, there is no need to be rude. :)
>
> I like to experiment with deck ideas and try things out, even if I
> know they will probably crash and burn... but I usually learn new
> tricks in the process.
>
> Here... you can see how bad the deck is for yourself. Who needs an
> ousting strategy! Though, in all fairness, Eno was testing a NAC
> quality deck... and I had a bad first shuffle. Not a single Eternals
> of Sirius in my opening draw.  But I managed to steel a few vamps and
> fend off Eno with 5 vamps (at least until the lunge).
>
> Greg

Greg,
This is untested and purely "on paper" deck at the moment. I have
tried to avoid those stupidly rare cards that many people don't seem
to have many of... (my collection is also weak in the original Indie
stuff). But here it is... The Cryptic Treaty

Crypt (11 vampires) Capacity min: 3 max: 8 average: 6.81818

4x Sundervere, The De 8 AUS PRE SER THA obf Follower :4
2x Carna, The Princes 7 AUS DOM THA primogen Tremere:3
2x Virstania, The Gre 7 AUS THA dom pre vic Tremere:3
2x Eugenio Estevez 6 AUS THA dom for Tremere:3
1x Martin Franckel 3 AUS tha Tremere:3

Library (90 cards)

Action (16)
8x Cryptic Mission
8x Temptation

Action Modifier (26)
8x Mirror Walk
6x Revelation of Desire
6x Venenation
6x Weigh the Heart

Combat (16)
4x Cobra Fangs
4x Read Intentions
8x Theft of Vitae

Master (16)
2x Cave of Apples
2x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
2x Specialization
6x Treaty of Laibach
4x Tribute to the Master

Reaction (16)
6x Ecstasy
4x Telepathic Counter
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Janne Hägglund

Sep 10, 2009, 2:35:44 AM9/10/09
Juggernaut1981 <brassc...@gmail.com> writes:

You have one minion, and one minion only, who can use Cave of Apples. And
he's an 8-cap. Sounds pretty inefficient to me.

Love the Tremere + Treaty + Weigh the Heart angle, though.

Cave of Apples [LotN:R]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Follower of Set
Cost: 3 pool

Master: unique location.
Any Follower of Set you control may put a corruption counter on an ally or
younger vampire controlled by your prey as a (D) action. If the action is
successful and the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or
exceeds his or her capacity or cost, you may burn those counters to gain
control of him or her.

HG

Johann von Doom

Sep 10, 2009, 10:43:30 AM9/10/09
On Sep 10, 2:35 am, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:
> You have one minion, and one minion only, who can use Cave of Apples.  And
> he's an 8-cap.  Sounds pretty inefficient to me.

Also, trying to mix Cave/Weigh and blood denial/Temptation is probably
trying to do too much. One or the other is work enough.

John Eno

Rehlow

Sep 10, 2009, 1:49:49 PM9/10/09

I was expecting to see some other corruption actions and snake drive
(truth of a thousand lies) so that a fattie could put into play more
than 2 corruption counters a turn. At 2 or less it would be cheaper to
swarm corrupt. I've tried Weigh the Heart several times on paper, but
have never written up a deck that I wanted to spend the time to build
and actually play. I feel it has potential, but not enough vamps to do
anything with it. Good luck.

Later,
~Rehlow