Sela

0 vue

Jozxyqk

non lue,
17 nov. 2003, 09:59:0917/11/2003
OK.. so the old Sela we know and love has this ability:
If Sela becomes an archbishop, each ready bishop controlled by your prey
burns 1 blood.

Advanced Sela is an Archbishop.

So, if you have basic Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
triggers, because she "becomes" an Archbishop. Correct?

But if you have Advanced Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
does not trigger, because she doesn't "become" an Archbishop, she already
is one. Correct?

Also, if, for example, Constanza Vinti is in play, and you merge Sela
as the first example above, does her ability trigger? Does she "become an
Archbishop" before her title contests?

Does she "become an Archbishop" each time a vampire contesting her title
yields?

LSJ

non lue,
17 nov. 2003, 10:11:3317/11/2003
Jozxyqk wrote:
> OK.. so the old Sela we know and love has this ability:
> If Sela becomes an archbishop, each ready bishop controlled by your prey
> burns 1 blood.
>
> Advanced Sela is an Archbishop.
>
> So, if you have basic Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
> triggers, because she "becomes" an Archbishop. Correct?
>
> But if you have Advanced Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
> does not trigger, because she doesn't "become" an Archbishop, she already
> is one. Correct?

Correct.

> Also, if, for example, Constanza Vinti is in play, and you merge Sela
> as the first example above, does her ability trigger? Does she "become an
> Archbishop" before her title contests?

No.

> Does she "become an Archbishop" each time a vampire contesting her title
> yields?

... when her untap phase rolls around and she wins the title back, yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Angus, the Unruled

non lue,
18 nov. 2003, 03:47:5118/11/2003
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3FB8E525...@white-wolf.com>...

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> > OK.. so the old Sela we know and love has this ability:
> > If Sela becomes an archbishop, each ready bishop controlled by your prey
> > burns 1 blood.
> >
> > Advanced Sela is an Archbishop.
> >
> > So, if you have basic Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
> > triggers, because she "becomes" an Archbishop. Correct?
> >
> > But if you have Advanced Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
> > does not trigger, because she doesn't "become" an Archbishop, she already
> > is one. Correct?
>
> Correct.
>
> > Also, if, for example, Constanza Vinti is in play, and you merge Sela
> > as the first example above, does her ability trigger? Does she "become an
> > Archbishop" before her title contests?
>
> No.

Isn't Constanza the Prince of Rome? Does that prevent Sela from
becoming the Archbishop of the same city?

salem

non lue,
18 nov. 2003, 05:42:1118/11/2003
On 18 Nov 2003 00:47:51 -0800, athosg...@gmx.at (Angus, the
Unruled) scrawled:

>LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3FB8E525...@white-wolf.com>...
>> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> > OK.. so the old Sela we know and love has this ability:
>> > If Sela becomes an archbishop, each ready bishop controlled by your prey
>> > burns 1 blood.
>> >
>> > Advanced Sela is an Archbishop.
>> >
>> > So, if you have basic Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
>> > triggers, because she "becomes" an Archbishop. Correct?
>> >
>> > But if you have Advanced Sela in play, and then you merge her, her ability
>> > does not trigger, because she doesn't "become" an Archbishop, she already
>> > is one. Correct?
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> > Also, if, for example, Constanza Vinti is in play, and you merge Sela
>> > as the first example above, does her ability trigger? Does she "become an
>> > Archbishop" before her title contests?
>>
>> No.
>
>Isn't Constanza the Prince of Rome? Does that prevent Sela from
>becoming the Archbishop of the same city?

they will contest. From the rulebook:
"4.2. Contested Titles
Some titles are unique. For example, there can be only one prince
or archbishop of a particular city (see “Vampire Sects,” sec. 10)."

"The title of prince is associated with
a particular city and can be contested by another vampire who
claims the title of prince or archbishop of the same city."

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
18 nov. 2003, 09:13:0718/11/2003
salem wrote:
> they will contest. From the rulebook:
> "4.2. Contested Titles
> Some titles are unique. For example, there can be only one prince
> or archbishop of a particular city (see “Vampire Sects,” sec. 10)."
>
> "The title of prince is associated with
> a particular city and can be contested by another vampire who
> claims the title of prince or archbishop of the same city."

<nit>Barons also contest cities. And barons must pay an extra blood to
contest a prince or archbishop.</nit>

--Colin McGuigan

Angus, the Unruled

non lue,
18 nov. 2003, 09:40:4518/11/2003
salem <salem_ch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<rntjrv4iubvi6jtlc...@4ax.com>...

> On 18 Nov 2003 00:47:51 -0800, athosg...@gmx.at (Angus, the
> Unruled) scrawled:
>
> >LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3FB8E525...@white-wolf.com>...

> >> Correct.

> >> No.
> >
> >Isn't Constanza the Prince of Rome? Does that prevent Sela from
> >becoming the Archbishop of the same city?
>
> they will contest. From the rulebook:
> "4.2. Contested Titles
> Some titles are unique. For example, there can be only one prince
> or archbishop of a particular city (see ?Vampire Sects,? sec. 10)."

> "The title of prince is associated with
> a particular city and can be contested by another vampire who
> claims the title of prince or archbishop of the same city."
>
> salem
> domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

Öha ..

Somehow this rule has slipped past me.

Thanks for the enlightment

salem

non lue,
18 nov. 2003, 20:28:0118/11/2003
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:13:07 -0600, Colin McGuigan
<maguaSP...@speakeasy.net> scrawled:

An interesting thing to note is that this was mentioned at the start
of the Anarchs rulebook in the new rules section, but wasn't actually
in the body of the rulebook that I could see. I haven't checked, but I
presume that since there is no new rules section in the BH rulebook
that the Baron contesty bit is now in the body?

0 nouveau message