LSJ: Questions on New Cards

11 vues

Halcyan 2

non lue,
12 juin 2001, 04:01:5012/06/2001
#1:

Crimson Fury
-Reaction/Combat
-1 blood
-This card can be played as a reaction card or a combat card. Only usable when
this
vampire is being diablerized. Usable by a tapped vampire. Usable by a vampire
in
torpor.
<i> The diablerie is canceled and the diablerist burns 1 blood
<S> Burn both the diablerist and this vampire. (The diablerie is still
considered
successful.)

With the superior effect since the diablerie is still successful, does the
reacting vampire get burned twice? (once for the diablerie, once by Crimson
Fury). This may be important in determining how this card works with Reform
Body. (Imagine someone tries to diab' your torpored vampire. With Crimson Fury
and Reform Body the wanna-be diablerizer is burned and your guy is still
alive!). So would you need one or two Reform Bodies to pull off that trick?

#2.

(a) Any action which retrieves an equipment card and says to 'equip' the acting
minion with that card is considered an 'equip action'. [TOM 19960130]

From this ruling, can we infer that a similar situation exists with recruit
ally (The Summoning) and employ retainer (for future reference) such actions?
So using The Summoning at superior is considered recruiting an ally (for NRA
purposes)?

(b) If The Summoning *does* count as recruiting an ally (this is all moot if
the assumption is false), how does it work with Set's Call?

Set's Call
-Reaction
<i> Only usable when this vampire successfully blocks an employ retainer
action (play before combat). The action is successful (and the cost is paid)
but
this reacting vampire takes control of the retainer. Combat does not occur.
<S> As above, but usable when a recruit ally action is blocked. You take
control
of the ally.

I assume you can choose whatever ally you want? Also, previously in the thread
we discussed how when "searching your library" you can purposefully "fail" to
find any such cards and you (LSJ) mentioned how this was not enforcable. So if
I play The Summoning at superior and it gets blocked and Set's Call'ed, can I
"fail" to find an ally, thus denying my opponent a free ally at my expense?

#3. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to all this but I just want to
doublecheck. From the rulebook:

"A dodge strike deals no damage, but it protects the dodging minion and his
possessions from the effects of the opposing strike."

If I Dodge my opponent's Stutter-Step or Dagon's Call I ignore the strength
damage or the damage during press, right? I'm pretty sure that you do but at
the pre-release everyone else was telling me that I still take the 1 damage
from Dagon's Call...

#4. Another "doublecheck" question. If a Camarilla vampire is bleeding you and
you play say a Banner of Neutrality or Venetian Conference and then the action
is Masked (M1KF) to an Independent vampire what happens? Does the Reaction card
fizzle or was the "original" condition met or...?

Thanks!

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
12 juin 2001, 09:10:3112/06/2001
Halcyan 2 wrote:

> #1:
>
> Crimson Fury
> -Reaction/Combat
> -1 blood
> -This card can be played as a reaction card or a combat card. Only usable when
> this
> vampire is being diablerized. Usable by a tapped vampire. Usable by a vampire
> in
> torpor.
> <i> The diablerie is canceled and the diablerist burns 1 blood
> <S> Burn both the diablerist and this vampire. (The diablerie is still
> considered
> successful.)
>
> With the superior effect since the diablerie is still successful, does the
> reacting vampire get burned twice? (once for the diablerie, once by Crimson
> Fury). This may be important in determining how this card works with Reform
> Body. (Imagine someone tries to diab' your torpored vampire. With Crimson Fury
> and Reform Body the wanna-be diablerizer is burned and your guy is still
> alive!). So would you need one or two Reform Bodies to pull off that trick?

No. One (assuming you're untapped).

> #2.
>
> (a) Any action which retrieves an equipment card and says to 'equip' the acting
> minion with that card is considered an 'equip action'. [TOM 19960130]
>
> From this ruling, can we infer that a similar situation exists with recruit
> ally (The Summoning) and employ retainer (for future reference) such actions?
> So using The Summoning at superior is considered recruiting an ally (for NRA
> purposes)?

Yes.

> (b) If The Summoning *does* count as recruiting an ally (this is all moot if
> the assumption is false), how does it work with Set's Call?
>
> Set's Call
> -Reaction
> <i> Only usable when this vampire successfully blocks an employ retainer
> action (play before combat). The action is successful (and the cost is paid)
> but
> this reacting vampire takes control of the retainer. Combat does not occur.
> <S> As above, but usable when a recruit ally action is blocked. You take
> control
> of the ally.
>
> I assume you can choose whatever ally you want? Also, previously in the thread
> we discussed how when "searching your library" you can purposefully "fail" to
> find any such cards and you (LSJ) mentioned how this was not enforcable. So if
> I play The Summoning at superior and it gets blocked and Set's Call'ed, can I
> "fail" to find an ally, thus denying my opponent a free ally at my expense?

Yes. Using Set's Call on the Summoning isn't useful, since the controller
of the library can simply choose to fail to find an ally.

> #3. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to all this but I just want to
> doublecheck. From the rulebook:
>
> "A dodge strike deals no damage, but it protects the dodging minion and his
> possessions from the effects of the opposing strike."
>
> If I Dodge my opponent's Stutter-Step or Dagon's Call I ignore the strength
> damage or the damage during press, right? I'm pretty sure that you do but at
> the pre-release everyone else was telling me that I still take the 1 damage
> from Dagon's Call...

You are correct.

> #4. Another "doublecheck" question. If a Camarilla vampire is bleeding you and
> you play say a Banner of Neutrality or Venetian Conference and then the action
> is Masked (M1KF) to an Independent vampire what happens? Does the Reaction card
> fizzle or was the "original" condition met or...?

The latter - you've gained intercept, the intercept stays. The intercept
is not
conditional - the play of the card is (contrast with superior
Foreshadowing).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message