Aching Beauty and Horrific Countenance

henrik

Nov 25, 2009, 8:56:11 AM11/25/09
Good morning!

If one of my vampire who has an Aching Beauty on her get's blocked,
can I chose to trigger the Aching Beauty damage and then play Horrific
Countenance?
They seem to be working in the same time window (when an action is
blocked), so I'm guessing it's possible but it's also a little weird
so I'd like an official answer.

Horrific Countenance
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: Protean
Cost: 4 blood
Only usable when this vampire is blocked.
[pro] Untap the blocking minion. This action is not blocked, and it is
now unblockable.

Aching Beauty
Type: Master
Requires: Toreador
Cost: 2 pool
Master.
Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the
controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs,
if any).

LSJ

Nov 25, 2009, 9:14:13 AM11/25/09
henrik wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> If one of my vampire who has an Aching Beauty on her get's blocked,
> can I chose to trigger the Aching Beauty damage and then play Horrific
> Countenance?

Yes.

brandonsantacruz

Nov 25, 2009, 5:26:45 PM11/25/09

That's a really funny combination of cards. You're so beautiful, it
hurts to oppose you, yet so ugly they can't face you.

Brandon

DeathInABottle

Nov 26, 2009, 12:53:04 AM11/26/09
On Nov 25, 2:26 pm, brandonsantacruz <brandonsantac...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Maybe the vampire also has OBF and is using Mask of a Thousand Faces?