Q: Brother's blood and Octopod

0 vue

Peter Laan

non lue,
3 janv. 2002, 07:29:1303/01/2002
All brothers are of the same circle. Blood brother a of Methusela A is in
combat with a vampire of Methusela B. Can Methusela C play octopod on one of
his blood brothers to give blood brother 'a' additional strikes? Can he play
or use brother's blood?

Peter

LSJ

non lue,
3 janv. 2002, 09:27:2303/01/2002

Yes. (Octopod isn't played "on" the BBR that plays it, BTW.)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

non lue,
3 janv. 2002, 13:41:0103/01/2002
>> All brothers are of the same circle. Blood brother a of Methusela A is in
>> combat with a vampire of Methusela B. Can Methusela C play octopod on one
>of
>> his blood brothers to give blood brother 'a' additional strikes? Can he
>play
>> or use brother's blood?
>
>Yes. (Octopod isn't played "on" the BBR that plays it, BTW.)

I take it that none of this is optional, right? So even if you don't want the
additional strikes, if someone else plays Octopod you have to use them. And
similarly, if you want your Blood Brother dead, you can't do much if someone
plays Brother's Blood to prevent damage?

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
3 janv. 2002, 17:54:1903/01/2002
Halcyan 2 wrote:

> >> All brothers are of the same circle. Blood brother a of Methusela A is in
> >> combat with a vampire of Methusela B. Can Methusela C play octopod on one
> >of
> >> his blood brothers to give blood brother 'a' additional strikes? Can he
> >play
> >> or use brother's blood?
> >
> >Yes. (Octopod isn't played "on" the BBR that plays it, BTW.)
>
> I take it that none of this is optional, right? So even if you don't want the
> additional strikes, if someone else plays Octopod you have to use them. And

Right. The default strike (a hand strike) will be your strike for each of
your additional strikes unless you use some other strike. You also cannot
refuse the additional strikes (like you cannot refuse to pay blood when being
rescued from torpor by another Methuselah's minion).

> similarly, if you want your Blood Brother dead, you can't do much if someone
> plays Brother's Blood to prevent damage?

Right.

Peter Laan

non lue,
4 janv. 2002, 10:51:0504/01/2002
"Peter Laan" <plnew...@yahoo.se> wrote in message

Was this question too stupid or doesn't anyone know the answer? LSJ? I have
searched google, and from what I can tell from the rulebook the answer is
yes.

Peter

LSJ

non lue,
4 janv. 2002, 11:05:1404/01/2002

The answer was and is "yes". (card text)
See my previous answer in the thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3C346A4B.156DE6D4%40white-wolf.com

Peter Laan

non lue,
4 janv. 2002, 12:28:0104/01/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> The answer was and is "yes". (card text)
> See my previous answer in the thread:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3C346A4B.156DE6D4%40white-wolf.com

Sorry, that post hasn't turned up on my news server yet, but I found it on
your google url. Thanks for the answer!

Peter

vermillian

non lue,
4 janv. 2002, 12:55:2304/01/2002
"Peter Laan" <plnew...@yahoo.se> wrote in message news:<JbkZ7.8085$l93.2...@newsb.telia.net>...

as far as I remeber or know really, octopod is an action modifier, and
these babies can't be played during someone else's turn, ie. they must
be played by the acting methuselah's turn. So I'm led to believe that
meth C can't play octopod for meth A's blood brother a.

~SV

LSJ

non lue,
4 janv. 2002, 17:57:2304/01/2002
vermillian wrote:
> as far as I remeber or know really, octopod is an action modifier, and

It is not. (card text is available online)

0 nouveau message