LSJ: Ritual of the Bitter Rose and Trophy:Progeny

George

Sep 28, 2009, 1:31:10 PM9/28/09

Question, my vampire burns a red-list with 2 blood, triggering
multiple Trophy:Progeny in play. I also play Ritual of the Bitter
Rose. Can the Progeny get blood from the Ritual?

LSJ

Sep 28, 2009, 1:56:37 PM9/28/09

Yes. Each ready vampire you control gains the blood.

Kevin M.

Sep 28, 2009, 2:19:34 PM9/28/09

If the player played RotBR and then played a(nother) combat card,
i.e. RotBR was played in combat, then the Progeny wouldn't be
in-play yet, right? i.e. you must play RotBR as an action-modifier
for a Trophy:Progeny to receive the RotBR blood?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Please buy my cards! http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html

Kevin M.

Sep 28, 2009, 2:35:27 PM9/28/09
Kevin M. wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>> George wrote:
>>> Question, my vampire burns a red-list with 2 blood, triggering
>>> multiple Trophy:Progeny in play. I also play Ritual of the Bitter
>>> Rose. Can the Progeny get blood from the Ritual?
>>
>> Yes. Each ready vampire you control gains the blood.
>
> If the player played RotBR and then played a(nother) combat card,
> i.e. RotBR was played in combat, then the Progeny wouldn't be
> in-play yet, right? i.e. you must play RotBR as an action-modifier
> for a Trophy:Progeny to receive the RotBR blood?

Forget I said this. I think diablerizing within combat means the
diablerie is activated within step VI.E, so Taste/et.al. come after.

malcolmsprye

Sep 28, 2009, 4:41:59 PM9/28/09
I'm confused:

I know that you don't get to search for a master discipline to put
into play until after the blood from diablerie is obtained... so why
are you able to put other cards in play before you do ritual?

XZealot

Sep 28, 2009, 5:46:50 PM9/28/09

Ritual is an action modifier as as such is not part of the diablerie
atomic. Things that happen after diablerie can be ordered as you
please.

LSJ

Sep 28, 2009, 5:49:22 PM9/28/09

Correct. You can get your Discipline card before playing Ritual. Indeed, you
must if you're going to get it at all, since Ritual cannot be played in the
middle of the steps of diablerie.

Juggernaut1981

Sep 28, 2009, 6:47:26 PM9/28/09

"RotBR as Action Mod" Sequence

Successful Diablerie
Results of Diablerie (adding Skill Cards, Trophies, Bloodhunt
Referendum as last result of Diablerie)
Opportunity to play RotBR

What about RotBR as combat? Does the combat immediately end at the
end of the Bloodhunt Referendum or does it "interject" into the combat
without ending the combat?