Signpost - again

1 vue

Robert Ekvall

non lue,
19 janv. 1999, 03:00:0019/01/1999
I know this has been brought up before but I read on a thread here
recently that Bianca has 3 hand damage with basic potence and a
signpost. I thought that the new ruling on signpost set base hand damage
to a certain value regardless of modifiers played earlier.

I thought that a minion with POT that plays FOD and then signpost has 3
hand damage and that a minion with POT that plays signpost then FOD has
5 hand damage. How is it supposed to be?

What about cards that give a minion -x hand damage, like disarm?

Is there a difference between minion cards that modify hand damage and
card text of a minion?

Also how much hand damage would Badger have with basic pot, a ritual
challenge and a signpost?

Really confused right now,

Robert

LSJ

Robert Ekvall wrote:
> I know this has been brought up before but I read on a thread here
> recently that Bianca has 3 hand damage with basic potence and a
> signpost.
>
> I thought that the new ruling on signpost set base hand damage
> to a certain value regardless of modifiers played earlier.

It does. But the modifiers still apply (unless they were also
"set this vampire's strength to X" style modifiers).

> I thought that a minion with POT that plays FOD and then signpost has 3
> hand damage

Fists of Death gives him +2 strength. Torn Signpost sets his base strength
to 3 (instead of the default of 1). His total current strength
would then be 3 +2 = 5.

> and that a minion with POT that plays signpost then FOD has
> 5 hand damage. How is it supposed to be?

That works the same way. 3 +2 = 5.

> What about cards that give a minion -x hand damage, like disarm?

That would modify (subtract from) his base strength.

> Is there a difference between minion cards that modify hand damage and
> card text of a minion?

Not for the puposes of this thread.

> Also how much hand damage would Badger have with basic pot, a ritual
> challenge and a signpost?

Badger's default strength (as a vampire): 1
Badger's reset strength (with Sigpost): 2
Ritual Challenge: +1

2 +1 = 3

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

0 nouveau message