[LSJ] Some questions

6 vues

Ben Peal

non lue,
16 déc. 2001, 18:11:4716/12/2001
If Spirit Marionette is played on a minion with Lunatic Eruption on it,
which action must be taken with that minion when Spirit Marionette
resolves? The bleed action, because it's the most recent effect played?

Is it the case that if all damage from a strike is prevented that the
additional effects of the strike are also cancelled? For example, if
the damage from Fleshcraft is prevented, is the Fleshcraft card still
played on the minion for its -1 stealth effect? Would the additional
effect of Dagon's Call also be cancelled?

- Ben Peal, Prince of Boston
fu...@mindstorm.com

Halcyan 2

non lue,
19 déc. 2001, 17:37:0219/12/2001
>If Spirit Marionette is played on a minion with Lunatic Eruption on it,
> which action must be taken with that minion when Spirit Marionette
> resolves? The bleed action, because it's the most recent effect played?

I'm guesing that the minion is stuck in limbo and doesn't do anything.
Marionette says the minion must bleed. Lunatic says the minion must attack or
hunt (no provisions for bleeding). Since each card prohibits the possible
actions on the other card, the vampire can't do anything but sit around and
look confused...

> Is it the case that if all damage from a strike is prevented that the
> additional effects of the strike are also cancelled? For example, if
> the damage from Fleshcraft is prevented, is the Fleshcraft card still
> played on the minion for its -1 stealth effect? Would the additional
> effect of Dagon's Call also be cancelled?

Is it just me or do certain questions seem to sometimes suddenly pop up? I
think every once in a while, someone who misinterprets a rule, taints the rest
of the VTES population by convincing them of his interpretation, and then you
get a whole bunch of people asking similar questions! =)

In any case, preventing all the damage from a strike does NOT prevent the
additional effects. If you prevent Fleshcraft damage, you still get the -1
stealth. Similar for Dagon's Call. If you Dodge however, you avoid the damage
*and* the effects that would otherwise affect you.

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
19 déc. 2001, 18:21:4619/12/2001
Halcyan 2 wrote:
> >If Spirit Marionette is played on a minion with Lunatic Eruption on it,
> > which action must be taken with that minion when Spirit Marionette
> > resolves? The bleed action, because it's the most recent effect played?
>
> I'm guesing that the minion is stuck in limbo and doesn't do anything.
> Marionette says the minion must bleed. Lunatic says the minion must attack or
> hunt (no provisions for bleeding). Since each card prohibits the possible
> actions on the other card, the vampire can't do anything but sit around and
> look confused...

Correct. [LSJ 02-DEC-2001]

> > Is it the case that if all damage from a strike is prevented that the
> > additional effects of the strike are also cancelled? For example, if
> > the damage from Fleshcraft is prevented, is the Fleshcraft card still
> > played on the minion for its -1 stealth effect? Would the additional
> > effect of Dagon's Call also be cancelled?
>
> Is it just me or do certain questions seem to sometimes suddenly pop up? I
> think every once in a while, someone who misinterprets a rule, taints the rest
> of the VTES population by convincing them of his interpretation, and then you
> get a whole bunch of people asking similar questions! =)
>
> In any case, preventing all the damage from a strike does NOT prevent the
> additional effects. If you prevent Fleshcraft damage, you still get the -1
> stealth. Similar for Dagon's Call. If you Dodge however, you avoid the damage
> *and* the effects that would otherwise affect you.

Correct. Damage prevention prevents damage.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message