Loner question

Neil

Jun 15, 2006, 9:06:36 PM6/15/06
Reading over Loner, I had a couple of (perhaps silly) wording questions:

--------
Archetype
Put this card on a vampire you control. During your influence phase, if this
vampire successfully performed an action this turn and none of your other
minions attempted any actions this turn, he or she gains 1 blood from the
blood bank, if he or she is ready. A vampire can have only one archetype.
--------

It seems that what happens is, if my minion with Loner on him successfully
takes an action, when I get to my influence phase, I ask myself, "did any of
my other minions attempt any actions this turn?" So . . .

1. If I only have the one minion, does that mean that I won't gain a blood
from the blood bank, because I don't control any "other minions" who did not
attempt an action this turn?

2. Does the "other minions" only refer to minions I still control during my
influence phase? I.e., if one other minion attempted an action and was
burned, the answer to "did any of my minions attempt any actions this turn?"
the answer would be no, because the burned minion is no longer my minion.

3. For that matter, what if I tempted someone elses vampire and took an
action with him? Surely that wouldn't count as my minion?

Thanks!

Neil the Loner

Omael

Jun 15, 2006, 10:14:10 PM6/15/06
You will still gain the blood even if there were other minions.

Wookie813

Jun 16, 2006, 1:05:37 AM6/16/06
I would think the answers are as follows:

Neil wrote:
> Reading over Loner, I had a couple of (perhaps silly) wording questions:

> 1. If I only have the one minion, does that mean that I won't gain a blood
> from the blood bank, because I don't control any "other minions" who did not
> attempt an action this turn?

If you only control one minion (the Loner), that minion would qualify
for a blood if it peformed a successful action. Did any "other minions"
perform successful actions? The answer is obviously no.

> 2. Does the "other minions" only refer to minions I still control during my
> influence phase? I.e., if one other minion attempted an action and was
> burned, the answer to "did any of my minions attempt any actions this turn?"
> the answer would be no, because the burned minion is no longer my minion.

But the minion was yours during your minion phase, which is what the
card checks. Loner would not apply in this case.

> 3. For that matter, what if I tempted someone elses vampire and took an
> action with him? Surely that wouldn't count as my minion?
>
> Thanks!

If control was changed, than that minon was yours. Taking an action
with it would negate the Loner effect on your other minon.

Obviously, not official answers and I am just guessing.

Orpheus

Jun 16, 2006, 6:26:18 AM6/16/06
Easier still : forget all about Loner, play Perfectionnist and don't bother
with these questions. ;)

--
Orpheus
-----------------------

Echo

Neil

Jun 16, 2006, 1:25:11 PM6/16/06
Yeah, that may well be the result.

I am still wondering what the official answer to these questions are. They
aren't meant to be nitpicky, I was just wondering if a strict interpretation
of the card would be appropriate (or if maybe I could think of how to
rewrite the card better. I know, I know, make it a trifle).

Though I had never before noticed that Loner isn't checked until the
influence phase (though of course it makes sense). Thus it could have a
slightly different application than Perfectionist in that, say your vampire
is doing a restoration to full and then going to freak drive. With the
loner, your vampire could spend the blood for the freak drive and then get
it back during your influence phase instead of the extra point being wasted.

Neil the Shunned

Orpheus <orphe...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote in message

LSJ

Jun 16, 2006, 1:49:19 PM6/16/06
Neil wrote:
> I am still wondering what the official answer to these questions are.

"if none of your other minions attempted any actions this turn, he or

she gains 1 blood from the blood bank"

Regarding having no other minions, then yes -- it is trivially true
that none of them attempted any actions.

Regarding minions that you no longer control (whether they have been
burned, Banished, or stolen/returned) -- they aren't checked. Only
"your other minions" are checked.

Robert Scythe

Jun 16, 2006, 2:04:03 PM6/16/06
Neil asked:

LSJ wrote:

> Regarding minions that you no longer control (whether they have been
> burned, Banished, or stolen/returned) -- they aren't checked. Only
> "your other minions" are checked.

Just keep in mind that Tempted vampires are not returned until the END
of your turn (after influence).