[LSJ] Q on Game Of Malkav

0 vue

Mark & Kathy ShaneWood

non lue,
30 oct. 2000, 20:35:5830/10/2000
AN item of some disagreement hereabouts of late:

For Malkavian Prank, the "pool" a Methuselah holds out is actually counters
representing a wager, which may be in excess of the Methuselah's current
pool.[LSJ 19981023] Game of Malkav has no similar errata/clarification, so
it reads: "Master. Each Methuselah holds a hand out with between 1 and 5
pool in it. In your hand, you can hold between 1 and 6 pool. Open hands
simultaneously. Each Methuselah gains the amount of pool <he or she chose>
unless another Methuselah chose exactly one less than he or she did, in
which case, <he or she burns that amount of pool>." Our question is: is
what is held out in the case of Game of Malkav actual pool, which can not
exceed the Meth's remaining pool, or is it a "wager" like Malkavian Prank,
which can be any amount between 1 and 5 (or 6)?

Mark ShaneWood
Demented Prince of Minneapolis
(and repeated loser of the Game to Kevin C!)

LSJ

non lue,
30 oct. 2000, 23:55:0430/10/2000
"Mark & Kathy ShaneWood" <shan...@tcinternet.net> wrote:
> For Malkavian Prank, the "pool" a Methuselah holds out is actually
> counters representing a wager, which may be in excess of the
> Methuselah's current pool.[LSJ 19981023] Game of Malkav has no
> similar errata/clarification, so it reads: "Master. Each Methuselah
> holds a hand out with between 1 and 5 pool in it. In your hand, you
> can hold between 1 and 6 pool. Open hands simultaneously. Each
> Methuselah gains the amount of pool <he or she chose> unless another
> Methuselah chose exactly one less than he or she did, in which case,
> <he or she burns that amount of pool>." Our question is:
> is what is held out in the case of Game of Malkav actual pool, which
> can not exceed the Meth's remaining pool, or is it a "wager" like
> Malkavian Prank, which can be any amount between 1 and 5 (or 6)?

Given those choices, it is a "wager".

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/