[LSJ] Yoruba Shrine

Kushiel

Apr 7, 2009, 4:39:00 PM4/7/09
This is a cross-post from the WW VTES forums. I'd love to get an
answer to this.

sachen wrote: "My predator plays Frontal Assault and has two vamps
with Monster in play. I have Yoruba Shrine in play and two minions.
My predator assaults one of mine and I tap the shrine to stop it. Can
he use the attack granted by the frontal assault again with the same
minion since the action was canceled?"

LSJ replied: "Yes."

Seldom do I doubt you, LSJ, but I think posting the card text of
Yoruba Shrine here might be helpful.

"When a ready Assamite you control is the target of a (D) action or is
selected by the acting Methuselah in the terms of a referendum, you
may tap this location to untap the acting minion and make the action
or referendum fail. Only usable as the (D) action is announced or
before any votes are cast in the referendum. Not usable on a
referendum that is passing automatically."

It doesn't indicate on the Shrine's text that the action is cancelled,
but rather that it fails. I thought failed actions do give NRA taint
to the acting minion...? Or is "make the action fail" equivalent to
"cancel the action"?

John Eno

klai...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2009, 9:23:32 AM4/8/09

You worded your question wrong in the first place. Yoruba Shrine
doesn't 'cancel' the action, it makes it 'fail' which is totally
different thing. LSJ probably didn't doublecheck the wording from the
cardlist and was going with the wording in your question. If it would
cancel it then you could do it again, but since it makes it fail you
can't.

Johann von Doom

Apr 8, 2009, 10:30:04 AM4/8/09
On Apr 8, 9:23 am, klaita...@gmail.com wrote:
> You worded your question wrong in the first place.

It wasn't my question. I post over there as Kushiel. Somebody named
sachen asked the original question.

> Yoruba Shrine
> doesn't 'cancel' the action, it makes it 'fail' which is totally
> different thing. LSJ probably didn't doublecheck the wording from the
> cardlist and was going with the wording in your question. If it would
> cancel it then you could do it again, but since it makes it fail you
> can't.

Yeah, I think you're right. That's why I'm seeking LSJ clarification.

John Eno

LSJ

Apr 11, 2009, 7:42:05 AM4/11/09

Yeah. It fails => it resolves => that minion can't repeat it.

Johann von Doom

Apr 11, 2009, 4:46:21 PM4/11/09
On Apr 11, 7:42 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Yeah. It fails => it resolves => that minion can't repeat it.

Thank you!

John Eno