[LSJ] Bamba/Create gargoyle question

Boogie

Oct 16, 2009, 9:21:59 AM10/16/09
I've noticed something on Bamba and Create Gargoyle - a small
difference in wording.

A) Does Bamba/Create Gargoyle allows me to search for up to 3
discipline cards (each one form different source) ?

I suppose not but the wording can suggest that (slightly powering up
both cards).

B) Does it allows me to search three sources and choose 1 discipline
card form them all and on other cards (with "or") player must choose
where he will be searching before doing so?

C) There is no difference - design team was drunk and misspelled few
cards that day.

Thanks,

B.

Name: Bamba [EK:C]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Requires a non-sterile Laibon with capacity 4 or more. +1 stealth
action.
Put this card in play; it becomes a 1-capacity non-unique Laibon of
the same clan and cannot act this turn. If the acting Laibon is a
magaji, you may search your
[ library, hand ___and___ ash heap ]
for a master: Discipline card to play on this vampire (pay cost as
normal) and you may move 1 blood from that magaji to this Laibon.

Name: Create Gargoyle [BL:U2, LoB:R]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Tremere/Tremere antitribu
Cost: 2 pool
+1 stealth action. Requires a non-sterile vampire.
Put this card into play. This card represents a 2-capacity, non-
unique, slave Gargoyle (enslaved to the acting vampire's clan) with
basic Visceratika [vis] and flight [FLIGHT]. You may go through your
[ hand, library ___and___ ash heap ]
to find a master: Discipline card and place it on this Gargoyle. Move
up to 3 blood from the acting vampire to this Gargoyle. This Gargoyle
is the same sect as the acting vampire. This Gargoyle cannot act this
turn.

VS

Name: Creation Rites [Sabbat:R, SW:R, Third:U]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready non-sterile archbishop, priscus,
cardinal or regent.
Put this card in play; it becomes a 1-capacity vampire. You may go
through your
[ library (shuffle afterward), ash heap ___or___ hand ]
to find a Discipline card for this card. You may move a blood from the
acting vampire to this vampire. This vampire is not considered unique,
cannot act this turn, and is the same clan as the acting vampire.

Name: Third Tradition: Progeny [Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready non-Sterile prince or justicar.
Put this card in play; it becomes a non-unique 1-capacity vampire of
the same clan as the acting vampire. You may go through your
[ library (shuffle afterward), ash heap ___or___ hand ]
to find a Discipline card for this vampire. Move up to 2 blood from
the acting vampire to this vampire. This vampire cannot take any
actions this turn.

Name: Waters of Duat [KMW:C]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Follower of Set
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready non-Sterile Follower of Set with
capacity above 4.
Put this card in play; it becomes a 1-capacity Follower of Set. You
may search your
[ library (shuffle afterward), ash heap ___or___ hand ]
for a Discipline card and place it on this vampire (pay cost as
normal). This vampire is not considered unique, must hunt this turn
and is the same sect as the acting Follower of Set.

LSJ

Oct 16, 2009, 9:53:32 AM10/16/09
Boogie wrote:
> I've noticed something on Bamba and Create Gargoyle - a small
> difference in wording.
>
> A) Does Bamba/Create Gargoyle allows me to search for up to 3
> discipline cards (each one form different source) ?

No.

> I suppose not but the wording can suggest that (slightly powering up
> both cards).

No. "for __a__ master: Discipline card"

> B) Does it allows me to search three sources and choose 1 discipline
> card form them all

Yes.

> and on other cards (with "or") player must choose
> where he will be searching before doing so?

No.

> C) There is no difference - design team was drunk and misspelled few
> cards that day.

No.

Chris Berger

Oct 16, 2009, 1:57:24 PM10/16/09
On Oct 16, 8:21 am, Boogie <p...@wp.pl> wrote:
> I've noticed something on Bamba and Create Gargoyle - a small
> difference in wording.
>
> A) Does Bamba/Create Gargoyle allows me to search for up to 3
> discipline cards (each one form different source) ?
>
> I suppose not but the wording can suggest that (slightly powering up
> both cards).
>
> B) Does it allows me to search three sources and choose 1 discipline
> card form them all and on other cards (with "or") player must choose
> where he will be searching before doing so?
>
> C) There is no difference - design team was drunk and misspelled few
> cards that day.

The wording was intentional, as people took the "or" to mean that you
could only search one source (despite the fact that the hand and ash
heap are open resources). So they changed it to "and" on newer cards
to remove any ambiguity. So now, people who are intent at
misunderstanding the cards try to twist it into choosing one from
each, despite the fact that it very obviously does not say that.