{Spoiler Text} Loving Agony

Kushiel

Feb 4, 2010, 12:22:13 AM2/4/10
[val] Strike: combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage.

Since the damage this card deals is dealt simultaneously with the S:CE
effect, may the opposing minion prevent the damage using cards and
effects only usable during combat? I would assume yes, as that's why
this card follows the Majesty/Earth Meld templating rather than the
Catatonic Fear templating, but I'm so often wrong about these things.

John Eno

BeAst

Feb 4, 2010, 3:55:34 AM2/4/10

I wonder how well that plays with dawn op?

LSJ

Feb 4, 2010, 8:36:34 AM2/4/10
On Feb 4, 12:22 am, Kushiel <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [val] Strike: combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage.
>
> Since the damage this card deals is dealt simultaneously with the S:CE
> effect, may the opposing minion prevent the damage using cards and
> effects only usable during combat?

No. The damage isn't simultaneous with the ending of combat.

S:CE "ends combat before other strikes or other strike resolution
effects are resolved" [6.4.5]

>I would assume yes, as that's why
> this card follows the Majesty/Earth Meld templating rather than the
> Catatonic Fear templating, but I'm so often wrong about these things.

It doesn't follow Majesty's template; it lacks "before combat ends".

Kushiel

Feb 4, 2010, 11:04:41 AM2/4/10
On Feb 4, 8:36 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> It doesn't follow Majesty's template; it lacks "before combat ends".

Just shows you how long it's been since I actually read the text of
Majesty...

Thanks.

John Eno

Orange Devil

Feb 4, 2010, 12:37:17 PM2/4/10
So Psyche would prevent this damage, and dawn op wouldn't make it
aggravated. Like Catatonic Fear.